Does this App really work for you?

Options
124»

Replies

• xShreddx
    xShreddx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Works awesome for me...2 months in and 13lbs down.

Great weight loss! I've lost 13 as well since May 19th! Go get it girl!!!
  • michaellarcom1
    michaellarcom1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think sense i been using it i have hit wall after wall trying to figure out my activity level and when i eat good foods and go by what it says i stop losing weight no matter if i run a 100 mph on a treadmill or AMT and do 750 calories.. It makes no sense if your trying to lose weight and then eat back what u burn to me. I think if it explain a little more what to do and explained how to figure out things it be alot better and it does't have all the exercises machine in the cardio area cause i put in what i was working on and other things come up so i have to look those things up to see what they are so i get the right exercises i did.. I lost 64 pounds in 5mo 8 days and spend alot of time in yoyo mode. So i say anyone reading this.. If i have a desk job and spend more time sitting then anything but i get off my but and go do cardio machines treadmill, elliptical,stationary exercise bikes, AMT, I had been doing 225 calories on each 3 of them for 30 mins for 750 calories from what they say but they said i could be doing more cause of my weight in 90 mins. I now can do 750 calories on 3 in 65-70 mins so i picked it up a lots but thats it. I am now doing weight machines.whats my activity level S/ LA/ A/ VA I was doing S but i noticed once i went to LA i started to lose weight and 2 weeks later it stopped again. should i just stick with eating 1800 calories A?
  • StampingJen
    StampingJen Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I decided to come back to MFP because it DOES work. What’s funny for me is that sometimes just the “annoyance” of having to enter the food into MFP is what can stop me from eating. For instance “I feel like having some potato chips. Hmm, that means I then have to log on to the computer, log into MFP, find it in the database and enter it. Forget it. The chips aren’t worth the hassle.” tad-dah! I can down those chips quicker than it takes to enter it into MFP. lol

Luckily, that thought process hasn’t caused an issue with exercise. I think it’s because exercise is time consuming on its own, so adding a few minutes to enter that into MFP is easy enough. Also entering exercise time is a rewarding process/feeling as opposed to a negative process/feeling to enter food.
  • keengkong
    keengkong Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    As the responses below show, most people who use myfitnesspal and follow its recommendations lose weight. If that is not the case for you, read all the suggestions below. If they don't work, then I recommend that you see a registered dietitian who will better be able to advise you.

Myfitnesspal is a great tool. However, it doesn't hurt to ask an expert.
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've been using it since mid-November, and it has helped me a lot. I use the calorie counter and exercise log mostly. I've lost 45 lbs, and as long as I'm honest about my calorie counts and exercise (a big "if" sometimes) I find it pretty accurate. I'd never counted calories before, and now I'm sort of addicted to it. I've got a dietician riding herd on me, too, though, not to mention my spouse ... I use the app on my Android phone, and actually find that interface to be better designed than the website (which I also use).
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I have used this app and I wondered if you have found success. I haven't found much as I would have hoped. Any suggestions?

I really like the app in combination with the website. The app takes tracking mobile which is a nice feature. Other apps like Runtastic feed into it which makes tracking calorie burns easy. The app is only as effective as how it is used. I use mine several times a day.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Mfp is the only thing that worked/works for me. Log every sip and bite.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Eating at a deficit works,plain and simple. Use MFP to help you keep track and it WILL work if you are honest about it.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Works for me. Lost 9lbs in 21days. Mine is set to sedentary(1), I've been eating a lot healthier(2), and exercising(3).

Then again I have PCOS/was Pre-diabetic and lost 67lbs in 9months previously by making better choices and exercising. (Determined not to have to do insulin shots). My sugars good now. Now I'm back at it to lower my Cholesterol and become healthier after having my daughter. <<<<The result of losing 67lbs. LOL