And that's okay

'Cause fat babies have no pride
    Fat babies have no pride
    Fat babies have no pride
    And that's okay
    Who needs pride anyway
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    I think children with attitude issues are worse than all of the above. i.e.- 90% of the middle school age population in the united states.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    The correct answer is Dallas Cowboys fans.
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    I don't think any children are better than others... Obesity and eating disorders are likely the parents' fault anyway.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don't think any children are better than others... Obesity and eating disorders are likely the parents' fault anyway.

Well of course. But if those are my only two options for screwing up my children, which one should I pick?
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    D@mn Right!

FlyEaglesFly
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member

Well of course. But if those are my only two options for screwing up my children, which one should I pick?

I didn't realize these were the only two options!
  • This content has been removed.
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member

640px-Rekt.gif
  • bloodyhonest
    bloodyhonest Posts: 196 Member
    obese children because they are expensive to feed etc.
  • This content has been removed.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member

tumblrmrlspkpfxe1ql5yr7o1500_zpsae4bccdf.gif

fat-kid_o_262637.jpg
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    neither don't care for kids
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Children with eating disorders. I have heard many cases of obese children losing as adults or young adults, growing out of obesity (my daughter was a bigger child with a high BMI, overweight/borderline obese, but she "grew into" her body, and is now a 5'10" adult on the high normal side of BMI), or changing their habits once they are aware from their family of origin, if that family had unhealthy eating habits. However, an eating disorder is a terrible psychological illness from which some teens and young folk actually die. If you read some of the ED posts or know of someone who has a child who has suffered from this, you can see it a very serious mental and physical illness. And no, neither of these are always the "parents' fault," particularly ED. While obesity can run in families or be caused by environmental lifestyle, many parents suffer trying to get their ED children help, and ED children often are trying to conceal their ED from family.
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Obesity is an eating disorder. Whether it is under eating or over eating, they are both as bad as each other.
  • 303enfield
    303enfield Posts: 239 Member
    ED by far most obese kids straighten them self out in time
  • 303enfield
    303enfield Posts: 239 Member

fat-kid_o_262637.jpg
    this is in no way funny its sad
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member

fat-kid_o_262637.jpg

It's a lil funny
  • bloodyhonest
    bloodyhonest Posts: 196 Member

fat-kid_o_262637.jpg

old-muppet-guys-laughing.gif
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member

fat-kid_o_262637.jpg

Oh you lot are so naughty. Can't stop giggling!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Children with eating disorders. I have heard many cases of obese children losing as adults or young adults, growing out of obesity

I (think) I read somewhere that 98% of kids who are obese at the age of 18 remain that way for life. I'm not sure of recovery rates for ED but I think they are probably better.

It could be argued that obese children in many cases are as a result of eating disorders forced on them by their parents.

What is clear is that kids are not to blame mainly or meant to be belittled for the struggles they face in a world which mercilessly beats anyone who dares to be fat.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Children with eating disorders. I have heard many cases of obese children losing as adults or young adults, growing out of obesity (my daughter was a bigger child with a high BMI, overweight/borderline obese, but she "grew into" her body, and is now a 5'10" adult on the high normal side of BMI), or changing their habits once they are aware from their family of origin, if that family had unhealthy eating habits. However, an eating disorder is a terrible psychological illness from which some teens and young folk actually die. If you read some of the ED posts or know of someone who has a child who has suffered from this, you can see it a very serious mental and physical illness. And no, neither of these are always the "parents' fault," particularly ED. While obesity can run in families or be caused by environmental lifestyle, many parents suffer trying to get their ED children help, and ED children often are trying to conceal their ED from family.

But what about prevalence? Obesity is much more common, effects a much greater percentage of children than eating disorders do (but then again, obesity might be classified as an disorder, but I suppose here I'm referring to the severe restriction type of disorders).
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member

:laugh:
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member

fat-kid_o_262637.jpg

A5bMeI2CIAAQNs0.jpg
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member

Mamma's don't let your babies grow up to be Cowboy fans....
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    A young person can also have an ED, and heal, and overcome it, and grow out of it, and grow up, and have an adult brain, and go on to have a wonderful, healthy, fantastic life. Just posting this because people in this thread don't seem to know that. Although I agree that long term, serious eating disorders, or permanent damage from them are very sad.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Obesity is an eating disorder. Whether it is under eating or over eating, they are both as bad as each other.

I thought this too at first, but then when I got to second guessing myself, I wondered if years of a bad diet from parental ignorance can make a kid obese without any eating disorders required. Just from ignorance or neglect or inability to afford decent food.
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    There isn't a correct answer. They're both horrible. I have family members that have obese children and a cousin who is a recovering anorexic. Working in healthcare - I see them both. I see family members bring children who are 100# overweight McDonald's after they've already had their calorie restricted foods. Yes, I am well aware hospital food is not as palatable as McDonalds - but come on people - take some responsibility for your children and take a stand. You know your child is overweight - and no, it's not cute. There is a fine line where you tip to the other side and go to the other side of eating disorders. Telling your very healthy, not overweight child he or she could "lose a few" or he/she needs to not eat something because it will make her fat and don't you want to look as good as "so and so" can so harm a child for life. Anorexia and bulemia are horrible eating disorders that truly waste people away to nothing and unless they get the psychological help and therapy - they will die.

On a side note: NEVER let them be Dallas Cowboys fans....:smile:
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    There isn't a correct answer. They're both horrible. I have family members that have obese children and a cousin who is a recovering anorexic. Working in healthcare - I see them both. I see family members bring children who are 100# overweight McDonald's after they've already had their calorie restricted foods. Yes, I am well aware hospital food is not as palatable as McDonalds - but come on people - take some responsibility for your children and take a stand. You know your child is overweight - and no, it's not cute. There is a fine line where you tip to the other side and go to the other side of eating disorders. Telling your very healthy, not overweight child he or she could "lose a few" or he/she needs to not eat something because it will make her fat and don't you want to look as good as "so and so" can so harm a child for life. Anorexia and bulemia are horrible eating disorders that truly waste people away to nothing and unless they get the psychological help and therapy - they will die.

On a side note: NEVER let them be Dallas Cowboys fans....:smile:

My whole family grew up Dallas Cowboys fans.

I never stood a chance. :sad:
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,007 Member

I totally agree with this ^^^^^^^