Nutella

Options
markja
markja Posts: 270 Member
I don't get it. It's too sweet, gooey and kinds of like peanut butter except it's too sweet and gooey. Maybe I'm just not doing it right but, I don't understand the fuss over Nutella. I've tried smearing it on toast but... So, what's the attraction?

Replies

• Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I love sweet goo!
  • qariqiz
    qariqiz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think the attraction is that it's sweet, gooey, and kind of like peanut butter, except chocolate. :)
  • Jeffy67
    Jeffy67 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have no idea ! I don't like it LOL
  • db34fit69
    db34fit69 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It's what Europeans use instead of peanut butter. Except the Dutch, they eat both. Forget toast - did you try sticking your finger in the jar and eating it plain? That's the preferred method.
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Nutella is the best spread you can find :) (well ok, I'm European)
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Or on icecream! Or on digestive biscuits, or arrowroot, or graham crackers.....
  • NahrasWay
    NahrasWay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    biscoff-spread.jpg
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    It's what Europeans use instead of peanut butter. Except the Dutch, they eat both. Forget toast - did you try sticking your finger in the jar and eating it plain? That's the preferred method.

Like this, but with Nutella

peanutbutter_zpsf7359d8d.gif
  • anyd18
    anyd18 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    crepe loaded with nutella and bananas. mmmmmm.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    All others are pretenders to the throne
    DSC5304.jpg
  • Nikkisfitblog
    Nikkisfitblog Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Nutino > nutella.... yeh I said it! And ill never take it back!
  • KarenB927
    KarenB927 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    To me it tastes like chocolate icing in a jar. Too addictive. I haven't bought it in years. What cracks me up every time I see the commercial is when they say "and a hint of cocoa". If that's what they consider a hint, I'd hate to see what they would consider a jar of chocolate spread!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    DSC5304.jpg

I might have to agree with you. :drinker:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    DSC5304.jpg

I've refused to buy it so far.

I love Nutella. I grew up with it though so I can actually moderate myself with it, except if I make crepes, but even then I don't even put half a serving on them... maybe a third. A little goes a long way.
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Nutella is pure perfection. I truly just like a spoonful of it rather than spreading it on toast or anything. One tablespoon totally squelches my chocolate craving, it works wonders.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I don't get it. It's too sweet, gooey and kinds of like peanut butter except it's too sweet and gooey. Maybe I'm just not doing it right but, I don't understand the fuss over Nutella. I've tried smearing it on toast but... So, what's the attraction?

The only possible explanation is that your taste buds are broken. :noway: :laugh:
  • ashthecat15
    ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Spread it on a graham cracker. So good!!
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I loooove the taste but I agree- its too sweet. I made it myself once and added less sugar and it was AWESOME but too much work.

Also, I just want to point out the lack of a word for "too sweet" in the English language. It bugs me every time I say "too sweet" :tongue:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I love sweet goo!

friend request sent
  • JupeJones
    JupeJones Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Oh man... Nutella on a (small) bagel = awesome.

They've started selling it in boxes of little single-serve packet thingies. Perfect for me, because usually a full jar goes bad long before I use it all up. Oh, and the built-in portion control is nice too. :-)