Nutella

Options

Replies

• DeannaLynnPerkins
    DeannaLynnPerkins Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It's chocolate goo....lol. I use to feel the same way until I got into this huge chocolate kick. Now I normally only eat it when it's on my Fiber One Double Chocolate Brownie bar. I only use a little bit on days that I'm REALLY wanting some rich chocolate dessert. I then wash it down with some cold milk...best.snack.EVER!!! I don't use it for anything other than that...
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I had nutella crepes once. That was awesome. But if you're not too into really sweet things, I can understand why this would not be your favorite thing ever. :)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    The attraction is that it's delicious.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I love Nutella, but am not impressed at all with all the latest copycats. One I tasted was like watered down peanut butter and it was dark brown but not a hint of chocolate taste. I can't buy Nutella though because I want to eat it with a spoon or with a nice thick crust of bread and just keep eating it.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    If it weren't for Nutella (and beer) I would probably waste away into nothing...
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I love Nutella, but am not impressed at all with all the latest copycats. One I tasted was like watered down peanut butter and it was dark brown but not a hint of chocolate taste. I can't buy Nutella though because I want to eat it with a spoon or with a nice thick crust of bread and just keep eating it.

I totally agree. Nutella is the real thing. Right from the spoon, or in a pinch a finger full.

Awesome treat. Pillsbury crescent rolls, heaping teaspoon of nutella, chopped toasted hazel nuts. Bake. Drizzle with nutella heated briefly in microwave, topped with more chopped toasted hazelnuts. I have not indulged in this since I have been on MFP, but it is amazing.

• sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I must be one of the weird ones, but I really don't like Nutella. I love sweets, but it is too sweet for me, and not chocolately enough. Kind of fake tasting really.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    markja wrote: »
    I don't get it. It's too sweet, gooey and kinds of like peanut butter except it's too sweet and gooey. Maybe I'm just not doing it right but, I don't understand the fuss over Nutella. I've tried smearing it on toast but... So, what's the attraction?

I don't get it either. It's nothing like peanut butter. It's like hot fudge ice cream topping before it's been heated.

I mean, I understand why people like it. It's spreadable chocolate. What I don't get is why people are willing to pay so much for spreadable chocolate.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    I am confused why people think this is "spreadable chocolate"? Sure it has some cocoa in it, but the main bringer of deliciousness here is hazelnuts. The cocoa is a secondary flavor.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Spread it on a graham cracker. So good!!

Then add a couple of raspberries on top. Cuts the sweetness. Plus it's fruit, so it makes the whole thing healthier.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    I am confused why people think this is "spreadable chocolate"? Sure it has some cocoa in it, but the main bringer of deliciousness here is hazelnuts. The cocoa is a secondary flavor.

Not sure if you are joking, but I tasted nothing but chocolate.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    wbrp8v6wy7jk.jpg
    This is where it's at!
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Nutella is delicious. I also like dark chocolate almond butter. And that biscoff spread. I don't keep any of them in the house often.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    Nutella is delicious. I also like dark chocolate almond butter. And that biscoff spread. I don't keep any of them in the house often.

SuggaD, what do you keep in the house........lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »

Not sure if you are joking, but I tasted nothing but chocolate.

I taste hazelnuts...
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    FenTiger89 wrote: »
    My preferred method of eating Nutella? Plop a spoonful or so on a plate and dip mini marshmallows in it.
    My preferred method?
    Placed in a glass bowl and warmed in the microwave.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Delicious to me. I don't buy it because I don't need it or desire it as much as ice cream or something, and I also won't have great portion control with it.
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I will literally eat Nutella off of a spoon. But if I'm going to pig out on sugar, it's going to be on gourmet gummy bears... So for this reason, I no longer eat Nutella!
  • caramel_xxoo
    Options
    zeal26 wrote: »
    I grew up with Nutella and LOVE it. I never buy it though because I can *not* be trusted near it and man, is that stuff calorie dense.

I said the same thing the other day! But it went on sale and i couldnt resist!!! I love love loooooove nutella!!!
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »

SuggaD, what do you keep in the house........lol

lol I said often. If I buy a jar this week, I won't by another for a while. And I like variety so I don't have a lot of foods I tend to overeat in the house at once. I rotate through things.