Are you losing weight to feel more attractive?

Options

Replies

• velocity60
    velocity60 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love the comment came for vanity and stayed for health, but in my case its came for vanity stayed to wear the lovely dresses in my closet ! so " came for vanity stayed for Helmet Lang " !
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Both. I don't want to end up with type 2 diabetes like my dad. I also like how I look thin. I'm 10 weeks post partum and hate the way I feel. I just don't feel comfortable with extra weight.
  • mckeown1977
    mckeown1977 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Obviously everyone wants to look better, but my main reason is to enjoy playing with my kids whilst their still young. I can finally play with them at the park without stopping to catch my breath with sweat dripping off me.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    I don't care how I feel....I just want everyone to want me. I want people who can't have me to weep when they see me coming because they know I'm off the market. I mean, like, more than the ones who already do.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    The question was posed as "feel" more attractive. Not actually "be" more attractive. Funny how "feeling" good about yourself doesn't in reality have much to do with how you actually look.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I don't care how I feel....I just want everyone to want me. I want people who can't have me to weep when they see me coming because they know I'm off the market. I mean, like, more than the ones who already do.

We already are hot stuff :sad:
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Sure! I want to feel good about myself, like my body, who dosen't? But it is also - a lot - about health for me.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    To feel more attractive to myself, yes.

To love the way I look in the mirror, yes.
    To appease my own vanity, yes.

The rest of the world well if they like it, good for them. But they aren't my priority.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Initially it was definitley vanity, I am lucky enough not to have any negative health problems but I am now also starting to fall in love with exercise so in it for getting fitter too :smile:
  • derik999
    derik999 Posts: 73
    Options
    Kevin Spacey had a line in American Beauty that went something like "I want to look good naked". I think that's a pretty good reason, lol.
  • eepeoples
    eepeoples Posts: 7
    Options
    I was about to say yes to this but it's not that simple. If that were the only thing I would have done this years ago and not waited until my 40s to commit to it. I guess the big thing really was my health. I had a pretty bad scare back in November and since that time I"ve been committed like never before. I've started programs in the past just to be more attractive and never stuck with it but THIS time is different. I've been surprised at how well I've done and the results in the mirror have been motivating but my health is the thing that spurred it the most.
  • sinistras
    sinistras Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Both. :-P
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Started for health. Feeling more attractive is an added bonus
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Vanity is a second, health a first.
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    No. I'm extremely attractive already.

That's why you're my friend. :laugh:
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    One of my reasons is to feel comfortable in my own skin so I guess my answer is yes.
  • loveless_me
    loveless_me Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it to feel sexy. I've always been fat, always. So I've never felt sexy. And I feel horrible having sex with my bf. I feel like I look like ****, and I'm not confident in bed or anything. This is all to do with me feeling sexy, because I think I deserve it. I want to have sex with the light on while naked for once XD (TMI? Sorry)
    But I do believe that people can suceed in losing weight, I've lost a bit so far and I am happy. I'm motivated enough by wanting to look sexy to stick to this.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    At first 100% attraction. Now 60% attraction and 40% health. Who wants health issues in 10, 20, 30 years down the road. I sure don't
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    No, I'm losing weight to be more attractive. Not before, before it was in large part health. But now I'm in a healthy weight range, so every pound from here on out is all about looks.

Vain? I don't care. It's the nature of the society I was raised in. I can't change it, so gotta work with it.