Are you losing weight to feel more attractive?

Options

Replies

• bobbyguns
    bobbyguns Posts: 33
    Options
    Initially, as a young father and husband- errrr 22 years ago, it was definitely for health reasons. Now, as a much older but single guy, it's definitely shifted over to vanity. Oh, and to make the ex a little jealous. Shame on me. :wink:
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm already dead-sexy. I just want to be able to do pull-ups and handstands while being dead-sexy.

Mike-Myers-Austin-Powers-1-.jpg
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    of course, but through my journey I have discovered I think I want to be strong even more!!
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Totally vanity. I want good abs and a good butt, not just abs and a butt.
  • Advaya
    Advaya Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Definitely both.. but they fit together well. When I lost weight before it was strictly for health and I found I did better in school, had more drive and focus. And the fact I felt like I looked more how I wanted to look made me feel more confident.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    In part, yes. But mostly because I don't want to develop obesity related diseases that (so very luckily) I have not yet developed.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    All of the above! I want to be healthy, I'm married and my husband met me when I was fat and always told me how beautiful I was and complimented me. So I didn't really need to lose weight to be more attractive. I do get hit on way more now than I used to, which is flattering, but I would never pursue or cheat on my husband. The real reason for getting healthy is to control my PCOS and have a kid finally after 10 years of failure in that area due to my poor health, and the fact that I was living in a rundown, moldy (black mold) old house for years! We recently moved by the way.
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    CleanUpWhatIMessedUp Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight, mostly to look better. Good health is just an added benefit honestly and I feel like most people feel that way, but it's not a proper thing to say.
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I initially wanted to lose weight because I felt like a balloon and my doctor kept yelling at me about how overweight I was. When I actually started losing weight and actually started to like what I saw in photos, that was the drive to keep me going.
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Shawn T. says it best in Insanity..... why do I do the crazy things that I do??? Cause I wanna look good!! :)
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Reason #1: no longer be pre-diabetic
    Reason #2: look hot when I head to Australia for vacation over summer (Oz summer)!
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Initially, as a young father and husband- errrr 22 years ago, it was definitely for health reasons. Now, as a much older but single guy, it's definitely shifted over to vanity. Oh, and to make the ex a little jealous. Shame on me. :wink:

I love the honesty!!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Losing weight isn't going to make be pretty. Only surgery can do that. As for healthier, my GP said losing weight will lower my BP. 140# later and I'm still waiting for it to drop to a "normal" range. Essentially, I'm losing weight to get my GP to understand weight loss isn't a Cure All for health problems.
  • jstavix
    jstavix Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I want to be healthier absolutely. I also want to go home on vacation to MT next summer and blow everyone away too. So, maybe it's a combo of the two. But, first and foremost, I want to be healthy and normal sized for the first time in forever.
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Started cause boys but met my fiance before I lost most the weight. I was healthy like 15lbs ago (strictly speaking). I looked good like 10sh lbs ago. Now I found I want abs for me...so started with trying to get into peoples pants and it ended in an even more vain and selfish "I just want to look like the best version of me, for me" :glasses:
  • Michelle8683
    Options
    Yes, honestly I know it sounds bad but my health is not really my biggest concerne although I know it should be. I want to be able to look in the mirror and like what I see for a change, I want to be able to wear a bikini to the beach and have guys check me out.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I have always been a healthy person.

I was chubby since childhood and had hard time to get boys to look at me at high school and college. I used to want to be thin to be more attractive but now I just want to be thin. I have never been a thin person in my life. I want to feel "thin” at least once in this life time.
  • kimberlywbarr
    kimberlywbarr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new here and I would have to say both. While I am actually healthy other than my weight- low cholesterol, low blood pressure, ect, I am obese and I hate it. It took my husband telling me in not so man words that he was not attracted to me because of my weight and hasn't been for a very long time for me to really wake up.
    I've never been a vain person. In fact, I've always been quite the opposite- even before I was overweight. But I want to feel better about myself and I want him to be proud of me. I will get there!

As far as being healthy- well I would love to be able to hike with the kids without sweating to death lol. I still hike with them, and I still do the hard hikes, but it's probably not good for my heart at this weight. I want to do the things I used to without feeling disgusting after lol.
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    pleasurelittletreasure Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I *wanted* to lose weight to look better. But the final straw was chest pains. I absolutely *needed* to lose weight to feel better. Looking better will definitely be a nice benefit in itself, but if I can never go to the ER again that will be reward enough!
  • Tla0126
    Tla0126 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Heck yes.