It's bagel day@planet fitness!

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Now I want pizza, bagels and beer.

Thanks, y'all.

Y'all? Y'all? What's this strange word coming from the keyboard from a person close to NYC?
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Did it look like this - cause, if so, then IN!!

Pikanter-Bagel-mit-Roastbeef-und-Pflaumen-Senf_large.jpg
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Keto friendly bagels.

*snort*
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Yay for gyms doing everything they can to keep you fat and going to the gym.

Sure, you could just eat one, but they're free, right? How many people are only going to eat one?

Eating a bagel won't make you fat. It'll give you energy. Eating 10 bagels will make you fat and lethargic. I don't know about you, but I don't think many people will just go grab a handful of bagels and start munching from their armfuls.

1 bagel makes me lethargic :( Can only have half at a time... unless I want to take a nap.

It depends on what time I eat it too. If I have one in the morning I'm super pumped the rest of the day...if I have one at like 3:00 in the afternoon, I'm looking like an uncle on thanksgiving dinner after having half the turkey passed out on the couch. Fun fact: 1/4 cup of poppy seeds consumed in one short time span is equivalent to a legal dose of morphine, maybe your poppy seed bagels are just that awesome and why you can only have half lol
  • srslybritt
    Did it look like this - cause, if so, then IN!!

Pikanter-Bagel-mit-Roastbeef-und-Pflaumen-Senf_large.jpg

TmYTu.gif
  • CookNLift
    Bagel day and pizza night at Planet Fitness is such an oxymoron lol.

maybe some would prefer cauliflower crust and paleo gluten free bagels :sick:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Can't beat East coast bagels. I had a bagel on a Hawaii vacation. It tasted like sadness :brokenheart:
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Just don't pick it up too quickly.
    lunk-alarm.jpg
  • srslybritt
    lunk-alarm.jpg

I've never understood this about PF. So... everyone is a lunk? Because if you're judging, you fall into the definition... and saying "wow that guy's a lunk!" is pretty judgy. GAH! My brain hurts now. It's too early for this.
  • CookNLift
    lunk-alarm.jpg

I haven't seen anyone make it go off yet. But the whole premise around it is kind of (absolutely) stupid and ridiculous. For a "judgment free" place, they sure tend to make stereotypes and judge people about how they work out. If I saw a dude curling 110 dumbbells and not drop them after a few sets then I'd think he was inhuman. There's a line between being obnoxious and just being in beast mode at the gym. And thought I may not wear tank tops, some may like it lol what's wrong with wearing a tank top? The gallon water jug thing I understand.....just because my mom always told me never to drink from the container.
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Nothing wrong with bagel or pizza day at PF! Just work it off like this guy...

qyu5uw.gif
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Wow I didn't know my opinion was that big of a deal! I will eat pizza and drink beer but when people are trying to lose and have a hard time with their diets it seems like a bad idea... so much for free speech around here.... lol

You're engaging in it, dear. Did you even civics class?
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,035 Member
    Yay for gyms doing everything they can to keep you fat and going to the gym.

Sure, you could just eat one, but they're free, right? How many people are only going to eat one?

Eating a bagel won't make you fat. It'll give you energy. Eating 10 bagels will make you fat and lethargic. I don't know about you, but I don't think many people will just go grab a handful of bagels and start munching from their armfuls.

1 bagel makes me lethargic :( Can only have half at a time... unless I want to take a nap.

It depends on what time I eat it too. If I have one in the morning I'm super pumped the rest of the day...if I have one at like 3:00 in the afternoon, I'm looking like an uncle on thanksgiving dinner after having half the turkey passed out on the couch. Fun fact: 1/4 cup of poppy seeds consumed in one short time span is equivalent to a legal dose of morphine, maybe your poppy seed bagels are just that awesome and why you can only have half lol

lol... well, doesn't opium come from poppy's?
    Unfortunately, it's any time of day for me... I can't have that many carbs in one sitting :( Well, dinner is fine but only because... I sleep after that anyway, lol
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member

qyu5uw.gif

FTW.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    I'll hold out for whiskey day

:drinker:

Sadly, given that I hear they tend to cheap out on the pizza, it would likely come in a plastic jug and go down about as smoothly as the stuff I put in my car.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    :angry: Now I want a bagel!

As long as there is some strawberry cream cheese involved... :)
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Wow I didn't know my opinion was that big of a deal! I will eat pizza and drink beer but when people are trying to lose and have a hard time with their diets it seems like a bad idea... so much for free speech around here.... lol

Free speech only comes into play when you're saying something that I want to hear. Now, let's discuss this eating of pizza and drinking of beer.

Am I too late for the pizza and beer?
  • LifeOfBrian78
    LifeOfBrian78 Posts: 397 Member

qyu5uw.gif

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100136905783487
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Yeah, well, at least my breakfast isn't tainted with evil. :wink:

:flowerforyou:

3879-animated_gif-chuck_norris-dodgeball-thumbs_up.gif
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    It's a marketing ploy! They give people free food to make them fat so they'll keep coming back and paying more money! (Wait. . . someone else already said this. . . waaahhhhh) :wink: