I am not convinced...

Options
1235»

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Losing steadily at about 1 pound a week.

Only focus is macros and calorie intake, try to get enough protein and hit my calorie goal...pay some attention to fiber as well. What I eat I go off what is convinient, what fits my macros and what allows me to hit my goals plus whatever I am craving.

Most days what I eat is a starbucks Ham and Chedder sandwich, a footlong subway sandwhich and a protein shake with some added veg, several cups of frozen yogurt with fruit and then a sushi dinner or some curry on lentils. That is my standard and my "healthy"

Then, mixed in there, I eat what I crave or what is convienient but I make sure to log it.

Last weekend for example in my diet I had about 900 calories of barbeque babbyback pork ribs, a good number of M&Ms, an icecream sandwich, Pad Kee Mow noodles, chedder cheese, chocolate cake, vanilla cake....

My diary is open can check it out.

Here has been my weight loss:
    Weight.jpg

So yeah, I believe that as long as you are tracking your calories and paying some attention to your micros and macros you CAN eat things you crave but you will be forced into moderation to hit your goals. As long as you still hit your goal then its all good.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    <---- Taco Bell junky.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    why does it have to be an all or nothing proposition? why does it have to be strict paleo or whatever or eating "junk" food all of the time. There's this thing called middle ground that is pretty awesome.

Personally, it was all a lot of baby steps for me...I didn't just do a complete 180 overnight in RE to my nutritional profile. I knew that ultimately moving away from the SAD was going to be pretty important though for my overall health (nothing to do with weight loss) so I made efforts to slowly improve my nutritional profile.

These days I'd say about 80% or so of my diet is nutritionally awesome and about 20% of it is junk...substantially I have moved away from the SAD, but you don't have to go full on paleo, clean eater, whatever to move away from the SAD. I have Taco Bell now and then, and it's not a big deal...same for pizza or whatever...those things don't magically undo the rest of my nutrition and I don't eat junk all of the time.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    If you're concerned with the scale, calories are the most important thing
    If you're concerned with your health, a balanced diet is the most important thing.
    Personally, I've never been big on the 'clean eating' thing because it's boring, and rather restrictive. I like treating myself with "unclean" foods like donair and pie and cotton candy. It's just about striking a balance between eating less of those and more of the veggies.

This.
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have lost weight. I am not a clean eater. Calories in vs calories out. NOW - when you get close to goal, you will need to curb back and make a few changes - it is hard! I have 30lbs to go and can not seem to make the changes.

Good Luck!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food at least once a week. I also have ice cream every night. Hasn't hindered my loss one bit.