Please comment on my diet plan!

Options
2»

Replies

• JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You're on the right path. Your diet is similar to the nutrition plan my husband and I follow. We eat all of the same things, just different servings and sometimes at different times. He is also doing some fat burning, muscel toning - he is an MMA fighter. Our diets consist of very low fat, high protein and moderate carbs. I'm 5'10" and I weigh 152lbs - I'm only trying to burn fat, and reach a goal of 125lbs. My husband on the other hand, like you, is trying to burn fat and maintain strenght/mass. He is 6'3" and weighs aprox. 180lbs. We use the same exact Body Fortress Whey supplement shakes that you're already using, and they work great for burning fat and staying tone/defined.

Right now our calorie/carb/fat/protein breakdowns look like this

Me:

CARBOHYDRATE PROTEIN FAT Calories
    GRAMS PER DAY 109g 205g 22g 1465
    GRAMS PER MEAL 27g 51g 5.5g 366

My husband:

CARBOHYDRATE PROTEIN FAT Calories
    GRAMS PER DAY 225g 420g 46g 3000
    GRAMS PER MEAL 45g 84g 9.2g 600

Important things to keep in mind:

! - not all chicken is created equal!! You will have better results switching chicken breat for boneless, skinless chicken tenderloin. It tastes exactly the same - same texture, etc just less fat and more protein! (Most of what I eat during the day is chicken tenderloin. I don't get sick of it and I'm not dying from it either, haha)

! - Eat small, frequent meals. Try to time them 2-3 hours prior to your workouts, most beneficial that way.

!- Drink the shakes IMMEDIATELY after a workout so replace carbs and keep your muscels fed! (You'll still burn fat, I promise!)

Foods we use that fit our nutrition plan: (I do most of my shopping at Costco and Publix and the cost is realistic, not expensive)

Alaskan Salmon Fillets (Costco) - they're individually wrapped and you can microwave in 7 minutes. they're delicious. (A little bit higher in fat, but loaded with the best Omega fats and proteins. We use them 1-2 week to mix it up.)

Trident Pacific Salmon Burgers (Costco) - individually wrapped, I throw them on the Foreman Grill for 7 minutes. (If you dont have a foreman grill - go get one, NOW - they're $16 at WalMart and a MUST HAVE for eatting healthy, quick cooking) - Only 2g carb/ 9g fat, 20protein - and, they really taste like a burger! I eat them on an Arnold Multi-grain Sandwitch Flat, also at Costco - way better than any bun or roll and taste good. (I ate this for lunch today and felt like I cheated!)

Jennie-O Lean Turkey Burgers - Again, great way to have a burger without the fatty hamburger. These are realllly good. I eat them on the same Arnold flats. My husband puts A1 on his, I eat mine plain bc I like the taste.

Mahi fillets - I grill them and because its a good fish, has no carbs, I either eat it plain off the grill - OR - I cut it into small pieces and put it into a bowl. Sometimes I will use TacoBell Mild Sauce (One of the few sauces with NO CARB, NO SUGARS, NO FAT) and eat it like a fishtaco without bread (you could use a multi-grain tortilla if your carb allowance can handle it, my husband does). Or, sometimes to mix it up I cut up the mahi, put it into a bowl and mix it with 1/2 spicy beans, I'll list those next.

BEANS! - Excellent source of good carbs and great flavor. I like the Bush's chili beans, texas rancheo, black bean fiesta. You can really mix it up. Theres about 20 carb per serving, so I mix the beans with either a fish, or chicken tenderloin because there's no carbs in the meat.

Brown Rice - another excellent source of carbs. You can mix it into the meals I described above with the beans, or in place of the beans.

For Breakfast, you have to try All-Bran Complete Wheat Flakes. My husband & I eat the same portion here. 3/4 cup of cereal with 3/4 cup 1% milk and he adds in rasins (excellent source of carb) I use dried cranberries (just a preference, but you can mix it up) - blueberries are really good for you as well but I cant stand the sweet taste. That is probably my highest carb meal of the day, but its also the first meal of the day, so it helps get me going and give me energy to get through my workouts.

Tilapia fillets are good

Tuna - I eat canned tuna straight out of the can, NO MAYO!

My husband's profile is: eddiepollard you can look at his diary and see how much he eats and what to get a better idea.

If you have any questions let me know. !!

- Jayde