24 pounds lost, yet still wearing the same!

Options
13»

Replies

• brando79az
    brando79az Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Give it some time. You're probably the kind of person that loses weight everywhere (face, arms, belly, legs) and it just isn't affecting your clothing sizes yet. Give it time. When the fat layer around places like your fingers and wrists and neck go down, maybe your belly and chest will be next.

This is me and I have the OP's same frustration. I did notice my fingers are a little skinnier and I lost one of my chins etc... but my clothes only fit marginably better. Also, I measured all the main areas and, though there has been some shrinkage it isn't too much. It is just all around. Oh well.

Keep on truckin'
  • reddz12
    reddz12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm pushing 50 pounds and still wearing all of the same clothes.. don't get me wrong.. they're more comfortable and i'm assuming i looked like a sausage in them before.. but still in the same. Stick with it!!
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It took a loss of 50lbs before I needed smaller clothes. Give it time.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    It all depends on where you lose the weight first. I'm still in the same size too after losing 16#... my pants are pretty loose but I haven't lost enough to go down to the next size yet.
  • wicky24
    wicky24 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I've lost 27 pounds and still can't go down a size. I've tried going down a size in pants but they are so tight in the waist. But all my pants are soooo baggy in the butt and legs. I'm getting so tired of being called droopy drawers. LOL
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You should really do measurements. I've lost 6 inches on my waist! 6.... Inches *happy dance*!!!! And I'm still wearing the same pants. o.O

Don't give up. I suggest getting a measuring tape to help you stay motivated. Even when I don't see the scale going down I often see the inches dropping.
  • lady8liz
    lady8liz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just don't give up I lost 35 lbs one time and because My size didn't change I gave up .SO Here I am The difference is Now I know even more and have a great support group here To keep me motivated. Just keep telling yourself you can do this
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else who's commented - yes, it took my quite a while to reach the next size down. Partly I was squeezing into (UK)20's I had no business squeezing into, partly I lost from everywhere but my hips and bust to start with, so clothes still fitted the same at the widest points, although were getting rather baggy in other places. I'm still not massively in proportion (still got the enormous bum), but I'm finally in most (UK)14's.

If I were to put actual weight onto where the size changes occurred (difficult because different shops have different sizings, plus a dress fits very differently on me to trousers and tops), I'd say 35lb for 20-18, 20lb for 18-16, and another 15lb for 16-14. Also don't forget that plus sizes increase differently to smaller sizes - where there might only be 1 inch difference between a 6 and an 8 (2-4 US, I think), there's 2 inches difference between a size 20 and 22.
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I get this, expect it's been the opposite for me. I've stopped losing weight (even gained a couple pounds), but I've lost inches. O.O
    Not fair, body. Not fair!
    But if we stick with it and keep going, we'll see it happen. Hang in there!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I'm reiterating a lot of what others have said...have patience, grasshopper. Really look at how things fit now and how they fit before, it's different and that's your progress. You are lucky to be losing evenly from all over your body. celebrate that!

I am in a similar position. I've lost about 20lbs in the last few months, but I'm mostly wearing the same things as before. My summer clothes consists mostly of dresses, skirts and flowy tops, so those are pretty easy to nip in with a belt, or some safety pins. My pants are all too big, but right now I'll get by.

You should try and get by as long as possible with the clothes you currently have, maybe buy one or two new things which can be modified as you shrink (wrap dresses and stretchy pants are great for this).

Best of luck and keep on working it!!
  • Coolhandkid
    Coolhandkid Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I was frustrated for a while but eventually realized I was just pulling the belt tighter. And yes, clothes do fit differently. Just as I didn't really put together how bad things had gotten after seeing virtually no difference day to day going up, its often easy to see it happening the other way. But when I pull out the before vid I'm ashamed and embarrassed I ever let things get to that point.