Good Morning

Options
larrodarro
larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
Hey guys. I thought I would start a good morning thread. Just a place to talk about the weather, or what you have planned for the day.

Here in NW Florida at 1045, it is mostly cloudy, 87F with 67% humidity. Our forecast high is 87F with 80% chance of thunderstorms this afternoon, and a low of 72F tonight. That is much cooler than the last few days.

I've finished my lifting, and the grass needs cutting real bad. But I thought I might walk down to the river and do a little swimming. There is a small county park with a boat ramp a mile and a quarter from the Larro Ranchero. It is crazy busy on the weekends, but not too bad during the week.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Larro

Replies

• Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Glad to hear you've already got part of a work out in. I hope you mow the grass and then swim to cool off after :)

Have a great day!
  • rebeccawesterfield5
    rebeccawesterfield5 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I mean afternoon! It is a beautiful, sunny, low humidity day here in Ohio. It is 12:14 pm and only 77°. Amazing day for a long run/walk, which I am going to do sometime this afternoon. Enjoy your swim!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. It's a sunny, hot Texas day. I am still groggy :yawn: but going to try to take care of some summer school business, then perform at my college radio station.:yawn:
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Here in So Cal I finished my Thursday yoga stretch class, and hit the local produce stand for some fresh strawberries (sweet), dark plums (tasteless, threw it away after a few bites), broccoli, asparagus, cantaloupe (hope it is sweet!) and a piece of cob corn--haven't had any of that in years- delicious! Summer for this teacher. One more month of 'the livin' is easy.
    I love MFP and just know I've found something that will actually work.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Good Morning. At 0810 it is overcast, 73F with 100% humidity. Forecast high of 88F with 80% chance of thunderstorms this afternoon, and a low of 72F tonight.

I have my workout and breakfast behind me, and the garden awaits. It feels like it could start raining any minute, so I had better get off my butt and pick what needs picking. Since it's Friday, I will be going in to work at 1:00 this afternoon. {I go in at 3:00 most days} My boss likes to get an early start to her weekend, and I like the extra hours.

I did make it to the river yesterday. It rained on me a good deal of the time, but I was swimming, so no damage done. 20 minutes walking @ 4 1/2 mph on the way there, 25 minutes swimming, 10 minutes walking @ 2 mph and 5 minutes walking @ 3 mph while I was there. I walked up the river around the bend, and swam downstream three times. Then 24 minutes walking @ 4 mph on the way home. It wasn't too crowded. I saw two groups of folks in kayaks, and one family in a boat. I will take my camera next time, so you guys can see what the Chipola River looks like.

Everyone have a good day.

Larro
  • mtruitt01
    Options
    Swimming in the rain sounds great! I took a 40 minute walk this morning, and watched the summer school kids stream toward school. A few thoughts about how to help my students this coming academic year, but mostly enjoying the summer leisure.
    i visited the local produce stand yesterday and made my best pot of veggie soup yet. Who knew arugala could taste good in soup! I prefer to puree my soups, since they're prettier.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Swimming in the rain sounds great! I took a 40 minute walk this morning, and watched the summer school kids stream toward school. A few thoughts about how to help my students this coming academic year, but mostly enjoying the summer leisure.
    i visited the local produce stand yesterday and made my best pot of veggie soup yet. Who knew arugala could taste good in soup! I prefer to puree my soups, since they're prettier.

How long until your school starts back? I would find it hard to go back to work after a couple of months off. Or maybe not. I could be going crazy and would do anything to get out of the house by then.

I have used lots of the veggies out of the garden in stir-fry's, but I haven't used any in soups. I guess it's because soups require more planning ahead. All of my stir-fry's have been spur of the moment creations. But the garden is about to peter out anyway, {except for the tomatoes, onions and peppers} and my 2nd planting is yet to bear.

Larro
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    It's afternoon here. I'll see myself out.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    It's afternoon here. I'll see myself out.

Maybe I should have titled this thread, "Greetings, Time Ambiguous."

But I'll say hello anyway.

Larro
  • Bostonsoul
    Bostonsoul Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    And good afternoon..a morning full of appointments, entitled clients who don't realize how little they grasp life and lunch with a black bean salad that rocks my world while listening to Andrea Bocelli...life can be good sometimes.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Good Morning. It is sunny, 84F here a little after 10:00, with a high of 87F and 80% chance of thunderstorms predicted. But that was what they said yesterday, and it turned out to be sunny and hot, so who knows what today will be like.

I was able to get my 2 mile walk {27 minutes @ 4 1/2 mph} done before my first customers got here. There is a baby shower around noon, then a wedding reception tonight. Since both are self clean, I will be sitting around killing time all day.

I did run out to the garden to clip a few melons and banana cantaloupes before work. I brought a melon and 1/2 a cantaloupe with me. Now if I can just eat them without getting it all over me.

Hope everyone has a good, healthy Saturday.

Larro
  • mtruitt01
    Options
    L- School starts August 19, with a few training days, meetings and just plain getting back into it. This is the most restful summer I've had in my life, because I'm not filling it up with a lot of socializing, trips and drama from friends.
    I like quiet things anyway, strange that I ended up teaching. I stress during the year, so I'm trying to learn a few things now, make a few rules for myself that keep my peace of mind during the academic year.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Good Morning. At 0940, it is partly cloudy, 83F with 83% humidity. Forecast high of 90F with 50% chance of thunderstorms. We did have a nice shower yesterday. That is good since I didn't water the garden.

We had a melon with breakfast. And since I don't have to be at work until noon, I have time to clip a few more before I hit the shower. Will also have to pick banana cantaloupes, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and peppers.

Everyone have a good day.

Larro

10273501_775330695845389_4099997989041698404_n.jpg
  • mtruitt01
    Options
    Good morning everyone, and happy beginning of the week (although Sunday never feels that way).
    I hit the produce stand this morning, and and then made folded eggs with asparagus, sliced tomato, green onion, hot sauce.
    I took a pic, but still experimenting with posting. I'll try, but if I doesn't work I'll figure it out by next weekend. Maybe!
    Heading out to a small museum and antiquing in a neighboring town today.
    Life is good, and much better with MYP community!

\]IMG_0714_zps1c280aa1.jpg
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    My breakfast brought to me by my husband:

3730870b-7d7f-4d0d-9acd-521b020f4d22_zpsf45b2621.jpg

Can anyone guess the calories in this!?
  • caitael
    caitael Posts: 2
    Options
    Good morning (at least it's still morning in Arizona). I'm fairly new to MFP (two weeks). I live in Phoenix where, at 11:00 am it is 83, with an expected high of 105 and humidity at 15%. This is unseasonably cool - I'll take it. Will be getting all my exercise today by deep cleaning my home. Hope you're all enjoying your weekend.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    My breakfast brought to me by my husband:

Can anyone guess the calories in this!?

I will guess 545. It looks good.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Yum, btw Kinky. That does look super good.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Oh, um...just before noon here in northern Cali. Mid 80s outside. Day off today so nothing planned. About to have some marmite and stout Irish cheddar on toast. Coffee's almost gone already...*sigh*