Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers!!

Options
WadeLam
WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
Yes, I know this recipe has been posted time and time again. I understand that most people are probably tired of seeing it, and are looking for something new and different. It's okay to be irritated...but...I'm posting it again. :) MFP has newly joined members every single day, and I'm hoping that someone who's never seen this scrumptious recipe comes across it.

And - of course, I recently made this, which...as always...has given me a renewed love for this little culinary gem.

Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers (originally from Peace, Love & Low Carb)

29corao.jpg

eb6hw7.jpg

INGREDIENTS:
8 oz. Thinly Sliced Roast Beef
8 Slices Provolone Cheese
2 Large Green Bell Peppers
1 Medium Sweet Onion – Sliced
6 oz. Baby Bella Mushrooms – Sliced
2 Tbs. Butter
2 Tbs. Olive Oil
1 Tbs. Garlic – Minced
Salt and Pepper – to taste

DIRECTIONS:
Slice peppers in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds. In a large sauté pan over low-medium heat, add butter, olive oil, garlic, mushrooms onions and a little salt and pepper. Sauté until onions and mushroom are nice and caramelized. About 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400°. Slice roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion/mushroom mixture. Allow to cook 5-10 minutes. Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese. Fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are nearly overflowing. Top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown.

Of course, you can easily lighten the recipe to reduce the calories. For example, I sauteed my onions and mushrooms in chicken broth rather than butter and olive oil. You can also use just one slice of provolone on each, rather than two (or even use two Sargento's thin slices).

I must say, these bad boys will knock your ever-loving socks off. They rocked my world, right here in the little subdivision where I live. I even wiped a tear from the corner of my eye, which - of course - I attribute to how awesome these peppers were. Enjoy!

NUTRITION INFO (reflects making the recipe as written):
Makes Servings: 4
Per Serving:
Calories – 458
Protein – 27 g
Carbs – 8.5 net g
Fat – 36 g

Replies

• Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Those do look tasty!! I would have to lighten up but like you said that shouldn't be too hard. Thanks for sharing....again. :bigsmile:
  • Imadorkable
    Imadorkable Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kbsangel86
    kbsangel86 Posts: 25
    Options
    Yum....
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Please stop with the madness
  • dawnj87
    dawnj87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This looks GREAT! keep sharing, I don't mind and if anyone else does then they don't have to look at your post! :laugh:
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Please stop with the madness

Lol the only madness I see is a wonderful and tasty recipe... Thanks for sharing
  • Christineclendaniel
    Christineclendaniel Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm....this looks amazing! I'll have to mod a little but cant wait to try.
  • Red_sparkling_Titania
    Options
    I really would like this now! Yum. Thanks for sharing :)
  • KimchiKiller
    KimchiKiller Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I will be making this for dinner very soon, thanks for the idea. Looks so damn delicious. :)
  • kaycee1002
    kaycee1002 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe. Looks good.
  • chopsart
    chopsart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Thank you, looks yummy.
  • charlton200
    charlton200 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bump
    *runs to supermarket for ingredients*
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    That looks great! THanks :)
  • AbnormalSpring
    AbnormalSpring Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Guess whats for dinner tonight.
  • B_rational
    Options
    I'm new first time I've ever seen it, Haha looks yummy thanks for sharing :)
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Oh my God ... thank you thank you!! I've never seen it before and I've been on here almost a year. I do low carb and this is absolutely perfect. I'll be grocery shopping tomorrow and guess what's being added to my list? you're a doll.
  • WadeLam
    WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    These peppers will compete you. :) So glad that so many new people found the recipe!
  • amberaa1061
    Options
    Thank you re posting this...it sounds fantastic!