Replies

• _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Almond .. yum
  • Nikkisfitblog
    Nikkisfitblog Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I make my own most the time. Really loved the "date and cinnamon almond butter"... but "coconut cashew" was delish also...

Any chance you have recipes? Those sound YUMMY!

Pitted dates
    Cinnamon
    Roasted almonds

Food processor + time = product
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    peanut butter
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Homemade - Pistachio butter with lemon.

It's fun to bake with, too.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I just got done making peanut butter in the blender with coconut oil as the oil and a little salt. Delicious, but a pain to clean up like you wouldn't believe. I got a few days worth made, though. Next time I'll shell a couple pounds of peanuts and have done for awhile.

And I wish shelling my own peanuts made them a zero calorie food, but I don't think I'm burning enough calories off. It's much slower going than I remember as a kid, though.

When cleaning the blender, have you tried adding a little dish soap and warm water and blending on high for a couple minutes? I find it's a lot easier to clean after I do that.

Thanks! I will try it next time.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    The local market had Pecan Butter. I put a little maple syrup in it and it tasted like Pecan Pie on a spoon. Mmmm Mmmm good.
  • Tilim
    Tilim Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Pistachio sounds AMAZING
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have only tasted peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter and soynut butter. Peanut butter is by far the best tasting IMO.

It's not even a close race. Peanut butter has crossed the finish line, showered, gone to the after party, and is home sleeping soundly before the others even get off the starting block.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I have only tasted peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter and soynut butter. Peanut butter is by far the best tasting IMO.

It's not even a close race. Peanut butter has crossed the finish line, showered, gone to the after party, and is home sleeping soundly before the others even get off the starting block.

You nailed it IMO! :laugh: Then once rested, peanut butter returns to the finish line to point and laugh as the other nut butters finally limp across that line.
  • tobiasmom
    tobiasmom Posts: 161
    Options
    I love a tasty almond and hazelnut butter. So yummy!