Early Risers!

Options
I was wondering if there are any people that would like to start a little club on here with me. It's main purpose will be too motivate and push one another to get up and work out before work.

I know I've been having trouble fitting my workouts in after work, especially with my special needs dogs, and organizations I belong to. I'm lucky if I even get a minute to myself.

Getting up early is hard! But I know with enough of us checking in and keeping eachother motivated, we can all fit in a bit of extra sweat time, which will make us all feel tons better in the long run. :) I'll check in tomorrow morning with what I did and when I woke up. See ya bright and early!

Replies

• amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    If I don't work out in the morning there is a 75% chance I just won't work out! I'm in :)
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    How early is early?
  • eversits
    eversits Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am in too. If I want to work out in the morning, I would have to get up at 4:30...Because I start working early. I used to be able to get up, and it actually gave me a huge boost of energy...I did not even have to drink coffee!!! I lost seven pounds in a week...I want to start running again in the morning and do 20 minute weight sessions... LETS DO IT!!!!
  • lizzygrl1981
    Options
    I never have time in the evenings either... so that means if I hit snooze an extra time I miss working out that day :(
    I need to commit more seriously to waking up on time!!!
  • brickok
    brickok Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
    If I don't get at least some of my work out in before my dc kiddos arrive I don't get much workout time in the evening because I have errands to do. I am usually up by 5:00 - 5:15 a.m. and kiddos can start arriving at any point in time.
    How are you going to work this?
    Kim :)
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I've been working out in the morning for years. Funny thing is, i'm NOT a morning person! But if I don't do it then I never will. It is a great way to start the day!
  • Megume
    Megume Posts: 74
    Options
    This is great! I'm so happy to see people willing to give this a shot. I'm not sure if there's an actual option to make clubs or not, but we should all do our bests to see who's posted for the day, and who hasn't. We can e-mail eachother and post on our home pages to try to keep things moving. Any of you, add me and I'll do my darnedest to keep u motivated and accountable for your morning exercises. Please, do the same for me. If I don't post one day, check in. Sometimes we just need an extra hand to told to get us where we need to go.

I may make a group page on facebook if y'all want also :P
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    I'm in. I have to get my workout in early in the morning before my 2 year old wakes up and demands my time & attention for the rest of the day. I've been getting up early...between 5:00-5:30 to get it done. Lately, I've been wanting to slack off a bit...this will help. You can all feel free to add me if you like for motivation & support! :)
  • Megume
    Options
    OK guys.. woke up at 5:00 and did an hour of my Zumba tapes. Maybe not with as much finess as I would if I had done it when I was awake.. lol. but as close as I could, I suppose.

Who else woke up early and worked out??
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Hey I love this count me in. Today I got up at 4:50 and at the gym by 5:15 and workout for about 2 hours now back to be being a mommy.
  • fun_mom
    Options
    I'm in! I work out about 2 hours a day and the first hour has to be in the a.m. I'm doing a biggest loser challenge so 2 hours a day is only for 6 weeks of the challenge but maybe I can keep it up. Regardless I need to workout at least one hour a day and I don't do it in the a.m. it's not going to happen. The day gets busy with two small kids a full time job and home and husband to manage! I was up and working out at 6a.m. today. I did 50 minutes of the elliptical machine at my local high school's fitness center!
  • sas16
    Options
    My alarm goes off at 5:00...I need a li'l time to actually get myself out of bed. LOL! But I'm usually working out by 5:30ish. Did my Turbo Fire Fire 45 & Core 20 DVDs. The Fire 45 is probably my least fave of the workouts (still a good cal burner just don't know why i can't get into it that much), so I have to force myself to get up and do it when I see that's the one scheduled for the day. But I DID IT!! Now for laundry and some tidying up of the house. :)

Hope everyone else had a great workout this morning!
  • Megume
    Options
    So.... I had a horrible night's sleep last night and could not for the life of me get up when my alarm went off. It's not much of an excuse, and I will get up, do or die, tomorrow morning to work out. I'm just going to -have- to make time for working out today in the evening.
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Options
    Got up at 4:50 today to the gym at 5:15 and workout for about 2 hr. To was waist and back day and ofcourse cardio. Now home eating an apple. About to get Caia up and a ton to do today. The life of a mommy I don't think I need to say more.
  • sas16
    Options
    Up at 5:15. Did about 45 mins of cardio. TF Fire 30 & HIIT 15. Now onto the rest of the day.
  • Megume
    Options
    Got up today!! Yey!! Took my dogs out for a nice walk and shook my *kitten* a bit with zumba. Hope everyone's doing well!!
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Options
    Up at 4:50 to the gym by 5:15 and work out for about 2 hr.
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Options
    I had a hard time getting going today stayed up to late last night but got to the gym by 5:30ish. Got a good workout in and now it is time to be a mommy tomorrow is my day off from working out.
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Options
    I had a really hard time going to sleep last night and our roads are like an icestateing rink :(. So I am going to do an ab workout video and a yoga video at home not my ideal workout but it is better then not working out. Up at 5 am and should working out pretty soon.
  • sas16
    Options
    Working out by 5:30. Did TF Fire 30, BL Last Chance Workout, & 12 mins of stretching. I NEEDED that stretching!! All in all...a good workout today.