7000 Calories Burn Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• collettemrk
    Options
    Saturday - 698 calories (65 minutes of Biggest Loser Wii Workouts including a custom cardio routine and yoga)

Sunday - 530 calories (48 minutes with a 3-mile Walk Away the Pounds DVD by Leslie Sansone)

So, my total is 1,228 calories. Only 2,272 to go.

Monday - 0 calories. (That's right. I happen to be sick [to the stomach] again for the second time this month. Ugh, gallbladder surgery didn't help at all.)

Tuesday - 227 calories (Still very sick, but I did it just for you guys! :) )

I have until Friday on my little challenge. 1,455 out of 3,500. Only 2,045 left. About 700 calories per day. Pff, I can do that! (If I'm feeling better, ugh)

Wednesday - 917 calories (21 minute 1-mile Walk At Home DVD by Leslie Sansone and 57 minutes of Biggest Loser Wii Full Body "Challenging" workout)

2,372 out of 3,500. 1,128 left to go!

Almost doubting that I burned that much. HRM must be wacky, but oh well. :) Still sick, yet completely crazy. Can't eat and I'm still exercising. I haven't even had 917 calories worth of food in the past 3 days. I was feeling a bit better, so I actually ate something for lunch today... Eh, it can't be too healthy to exercise and not eat. Thanksgiving is stressing me out just a wee bit.. And I might not even feel better tomorrow to eat anything!

Was feeling better today and ate my share of Thanksgiving food. :) Thanks for being concerned collettemrk. I probably won't meet the challenge this week, but I'll try again next week.

Thursday - 512 calories (more Biggest loser wii workouts)

Nice to hear your eating & feeling better!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Thank you collettemrk! :)

Friday - 689 calories

This was the last day of my challenge. I don't know if I've done enough, but there's still time today if I need a couple more. :P

698 + 530 + 0 +227 + 917 + 512 + 689 = 3,573. Yay! I did it!

I think I'll give it a week or two and then do a... 4500 burn calorie perhaps. :)
  • collettemrk
    Options
    Thank you collettemrk! :)

Friday - 689 calories

This was the last day of my challenge. I don't know if I've done enough, but there's still time today if I need a couple more. :P

698 + 530 + 0 +227 + 917 + 512 + 689 = 3,573. Yay! I did it!

I think I'll give it a week or two and then do a... 4500 burn calorie perhaps. :)

congrats!! You did a great job!!
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Great job all, especially to those that succeeded. I faltered. I had burned 5499 by the 23rd. I have to tell you I'm not totally unhappy with that since I spent 12 hours in the jeep one of those days and another day getting ready. Okay, okay, I'm making excuses. LOL

I'll be ready for the next one.
  • collettemrk
    Options
    Great job all, especially to those that succeeded. I faltered. I had burned 5499 by the 23rd. I have to tell you I'm not totally unhappy with that since I spent 12 hours in the jeep one of those days and another day getting ready. Okay, okay, I'm making excuses. LOL

I'll be ready for the next one.

Great Job Soze!!
  • SkierElle
    Options
    Well, I made it to about exactly 7000 from Sunday to Saturday last week!!! So happy! I have weigh in tomorrow morning so I'll see if it helped at all, but whether it did or not I am just glad I stuck to my goal!!

Only 3500 for this week, but I might try the 7000 again after finals are done. I'll just be happy if I can manage 3500 per week until school's out! Great job to everyone who pushed themselves!!!
  • collettemrk
    Options
    Well, I made it to about exactly 7000 from Sunday to Saturday last week!!! So happy! I have weigh in tomorrow morning so I'll see if it helped at all, but whether it did or not I am just glad I stuck to my goal!!

Only 3500 for this week, but I might try the 7000 again after finals are done. I'll just be happy if I can manage 3500 per week until school's out! Great job to everyone who pushed themselves!!!
    Great job Elle..I'm sure the scale will be nice after all your hard work!!
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Great, I found this old post, and I've been burning over 7000 kcal a week. Since I realized I burn a fair amount, I set myself the challenge two weeks ago. In my 2nd week, I've altered between lifting, walking/hiking, stationary bike (which gives correct kcal count) and cobrafit/pilates class. I might try a ballet class, later lol as it involves a lot of stretching, which is good for my old bones. Anyhow, I'll post the numbers at the end of the week.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Ahh, too late for me. Next week? :flowerforyou:
  • JustGeri
    JustGeri Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello all....just joined moments ago & am looking forward to losing the last 75 pounds with you all!
  • shapefitter
    Options
    Ahh, too late for me. Next week? :flowerforyou:

• Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Do you mean 7,000 in a day?!?!

A week!!
  • shapefitter
    Options
    So far, I've burned 7598 kcal this week. Tomorrow, is Easter Sunday, and I'm planning a hike :)
  • shapefitter
    Options
    A nice 4hour hike burned 1035 kcal, today. And, I finished the week with 8633 kcal in total. I'm ready for next week :) * victory dance*
  • shapefitter
    Options
    I'm on my third week, challenge, and I have a confession to make. I felt pretty awful, after the 45 min. CobraFIT class last week, and to be honest I'm not cut out for it yet. Instead, I'll just plod on with what I know, I can do. And here it is: 315 kcal x 3 doing lifts, and squats. Equivalent to 3, 15min sessions. 310 kcal on stationary bike, about half an hour. With it being Easter, and such, I have had no energy to do any more, today.
  • shapefitter
    Options
    It's a bit chilly today, so I spent some time on the stationary bike. A couple of hours = 1545 kcal. Very environmental friendly :) Also, note that I've lost 1kg, since I started this challenge three weeks ago. I'm very pleased :)
  • shapefitter
    Options
    Wednesday- a 3 hour relaxed walk, well almost. I did a 200 step jog, until my skinny legs, had had enough. Approx 660 kcal.
  • shapefitter
    Options
    Thursday- 30 min walk @ 3mph- 146 kcal. 30 min walk @ 4mph- 220 kcal. 5min @ 4mph up hill-110 kcal. All walking done outdoors. Had a break from the rain, and did a bit of shopping before heading back home.
  • shapefitter
    Options
    Friday- 120min @ 3mph, walking, carrying 4.5kg load- 1113 kcal.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a really good way to over-train and possibly injure yourself, especially if you're not used to so much activity.