7000 Calories Burn Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Saturday- 330min @ 3mph walking, carrying 4.5kg- 2142 kcal. It's still raining btw.
  • shapefitter
    Options
    This sounds like a really good way to over-train and possibly injure yourself, especially if you're not used to so much activity.

Thanks
  • shapefitter
    Options
    6713 kcal, so far this week. Not sure what I'll be doing tomorrow, yet. Maybe, I'll go dancing :)
  • shapefitter
    Options
    Was up all night, since the neighbours decided to do some diy, so I'm catching up on sleep. Anyway, I'm happy with 6713 kcal for the week. So, am ready for Monday, and my 4th week challenge!
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    well reallly we burn over 7000 calories everyweek because of our >TEE
    iam not going to accept this tho its way to high of a draining challenge
    i wonder if anyone can really pull this off of they do they have alot of freetime :P
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    now if were adding TEE in thats np i burn 2300-2600 calories everyday
    but iam not working out for 7000
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    The original post is 4 years old. I wonder if the OP is even still on MFP?

Just checked: the OP has deactivated.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    The original post is 4 years old. I wonder if the OP is even still on MFP?

Just checked: the OP has deactivated.
    :indifferent: this topic been active that long
  • laureneliset
    laureneliset Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like this idea, glad it was reactivated.

I make sure I take two rest days a week but then I burn roughly 2000 calories during my weekend hike, so that leaves 5000 calories over 4 days... not sure how realistic that is but hey why not give it a go. I'll join you this week.
  • LongRunner77
    LongRunner77 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm not really a part of this challenge, I just happen to come across this post, but it is totally possible. I burned approximately 7,800 calories last week, mostly running (44 miles). There was one day of weights in the gym, but that wasn't much of a calorie burner.
  • shapefitter
    Options
    I like this idea, glad it was reactivated.

I make sure I take two rest days a week but then I burn roughly 2000 calories during my weekend hike, so that leaves 5000 calories over 4 days... not sure how realistic that is but hey why not give it a go. I'll join you this week.

Welcome! :drinker:
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    well good luck haha:laugh: to all:smokin:
  • shapefitter
    Options
    Have just joined the 60 day challenge group, and so I'll have even more reason to keep up the good work.
  • shapefitter
    Options
    Ok, so I finish the week with 7083 kcal. Stationary bike @ 35min - 370 kcal. (MFP calculations)
  • shapefitter
    Options
    Monday- walking @ 3mph carrying 4.5kg load. 90min each way. Total of 180min-1932 kcal.
  • shapefitter
    Options
    Tuesday- gardening, general @ 150min, before breakfast. - 880 kcal. PS: lost 0.2kg since last weigh in :) (happy dance).
  • laureneliset
    laureneliset Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Monday - 300-odd calories burned doing super-low-impact cardio to help me recover from sore muscles (supposed to be rest day after monster hike yesterday)
    Tuesday - DOMS in my calves has reached epic proportions so taking second rest day and doing nothing...

Hmmm not going spectacularly well so far but not giving up yet!
  • shapefitter
    Options
    These are some 3 simple rules that I follow- 1 keep hydrated with water. - 2 muscles need protein, especially after a work out. Protein bars, are ideal. It's called muscle repair. - 3 take time to stretch muscles after any work out.
    Also, a good nights sleep is important for recovery :)
  • shapefitter
    Options
    Also, this article motivates me blog.myfitnesspal.com/2014/04/8-ways-to-think-like-an-athlete/
  • shapefitter
    Options
    Wednesday- Walking, carrying 11kg load @ 60min. - 347 kcal.