30 Days of Integrity

Options
This is just another personal thread following through with what I said I'd do upon completing 90 days of inspiration. I didn't think I would need the daily post to keep me accountable, but I found that without the added accountability, even though I have continued to log into MFP daily, I've slipped out of the habit of logging food consistently.

Today was not my best eating day; I ate back all of the calories I burned exercising plus a few. My habit recently has been to "forget" to log food on days like today. But I didn't. I completed my log. May it be the first of a 30 day streak that I follow up with a quote or motivational saying or whatever after completing my food diary.

Thanks for all of your support. Please feel free to post motivation here as well :drinker:

Day 1: "If at first you don't succeed, make a pot of coffee."

Replies

• sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I'll be following this! I need it too ;) Thanks!
  • Tigredia
    Tigredia Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Sometimes lots of coffee
  • kinmoratree
    kinmoratree Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    All good things start with coffee. :)
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Coffee is good.
  • moveitperry
    Options
    This morning.. Today... Right now.. I needed to see this.. I've been riding the struggle bus lately. I've always been a yo yo'er on the diet and fitness world always losing weight the unhealthy way, and then gaining it all back and then some. A year after having my first child, and I still wear some maternity pants because I REFUSE to buy bigger pants. In the past I'll do really good and I will definitely log my food, and if I slip up...well i tend to forget to log that day.. But you have inspired me to be accountable. I have been trying the hardest I've tried before (in a healthy responsible way) these past few weeks, and haven't seen any results that have stuck. So I'm trying to remain positive, but it has been getting hard. So thank you for your accountability, and your inspiration. you have motivated me to keep at it.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul. — Douglas MacArthur
  • sharonavis14
    sharonavis14 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have just started MFP and logging ALL of my food has really helped to keep me real. It's really hard for me because I tend to eat at night. I can curb my food craving by working on the computer on a personal project, but sometimes that doesn't help. I think knowing I'm not the only one with "food problems" does help. It's inspiring to read all of the posts, too.
  • jsalzat
    jsalzat Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    :wink: :wink: Awesome!!!!

Day 2:

Not my best eating day but satisfying in other ways... Had to make some difficult decisions that couldn't have been planned for-- came out strong in the end by following my gut instinct.

"Sometimes your whole life boils down to one insane move." -James Cameron
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Forgot to post quote last night but I did complete my log so here it is:

"If you can't fly, then run.
    If you can't run, then walk.
    If you can't walk, then crawl.
    But whatever you do,
    you have to keep moving forward.
    -MLK jr
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Day 4:

"Turn your face to the sun and shadows fall behind you." Maori proverb
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Day 5:

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Day 6:

"The mind's first step to self-awareness must be through the body."

George A. Sheehan
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Day 7:

"Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud." --Maya Angelou
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Day 8:

"Do not wait for the perfect moment; take this moment and make it perfect."
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Day 9:

"If nothing changes, nothing changes."
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Boot camp was cancelled this morning due to rain and I sure missed it. I could have suited up and gone for a run, but I talked myself out of it (still sore and tired from Thursday). I always feel so much better when I follow through with working out, even though I never "feel like" going to boot camp on Saturday mornings. Today I struggled with discouragement all day in spite of having made better food choices than recently. I hope I can keep today in mind next time I'm tempted to pass up my opportunity to work out. I just feel better when I do what I don't "feel" like doing.

Day 10:

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" -J.R.R. Tolkien
  • kinmoratree
    Options
    I'm with you. I'm finally at the point where I rely on my runs to keep me settled. Funny how something you used to think of as "hard" becomes something you need.
  • jsalzat
    Options
    Yeah, I don't feel right when I don't follow through, like my neglect to complete yesterday's log. I'm not sure if I should just continue forward or start over so that the 30 days are consecutive. Although I am finding that my "failures" aren't as big of a deal as they used to be, I just have to keep on going. I sure am looking forward to kickboxing tomorrow!!!!

"Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward."

-Victor Kiam
  • kinmoratree
    Options
    Do what feels right. If it were me, I'd just keep going. It's not like you blew it off for a week.
  • jsalzat
    Options
    "The easiest things are rarely rewarding, The rewarding things are rarely easy." -C.Fantelli.

I followed through today :smile: