60 Calorie Tortilla for wraps

Options
1235»

Replies

• 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I've made corn tortillas before, but not flour. Will definitely have to give these a try!

If anyone wants a corn tortilla receipe, I like this one. About 60 calories per tortilla. Batch makes 6 (6 inch) tortillas.

- 1 cup masa harina (a corn flour, I get Bob's Red Mill)
    - 2/3 cup warm (not hot) water
    - 1/8 tsp baking powder

Mix the masa harina and the baking powder. With a spoon or fork, stir in the warm water until its very thick. Knead the dough several times until it forms a ball. Divide into 6 portions. Roll each portion into a ball and place on a plate while you roll the rest of the dough, cover with a damp towel to the keep the dough balls from drying out.

Place skillet over medium heat, and while its heating roll out your first tortilla (I like to use a tortilla press, but you can also just put the dough between some wax paper, plastic wrap, or even a couple sandwich bags and then just press the ball using a plate or anything round and hard). Tortilla should be about 6 inches in diameter.

Place the tortilla on the heated skillet and cook for about 45 seconds on each side (until no longer doughy). While cooking, start pressing the next tortilla. Place the cooked tortillas on a plate and cover with a damp towel.

I buy corn tortillas that you have to cook up (not just re-heat), (TortillaLand, comes in corn & flour, the corn being smaller @ 60 cals and the flour coming in a larger size at 140 cals) I'd love to give your corn tortilla recipe a try!
  • Rhaynestorm
    Rhaynestorm Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Bump to try these
  • imncontrolofme
    imncontrolofme Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Justforme104
    Justforme104 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump
  • IGTV
    IGTV Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks for posting this recipe. Sounds yummy.