So I cut donut in Half but will run away with your sandwich

Options
runner475
runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
They get donuts at work and if there is no sign that says "Eat the entire donut" - I'll look out for glazed donut and only glazed donut, cut it in half with a knife and leave the other half. I leave half of it for someone who wants half donut or one and half donut. 10 out of 10 times it's gone, someone takes it.

I'm not fond of sweets as much as maybe someone who is. Cupcakes, Chocolates or Ice Cream have never appealed me. Bread is my weakness. I can NEVER cut a sandwich in half and leave it for someone. I'll probably snatch their half the sandwich if they don't eat it fast.

I think all this has to do with personal taste and preference.

I also don't like to waste/throw food. I always have a choice - I can pick up the full glazed donut, take it to my desk, eat few bites out of it, feel satisfied and throw the rest of it away in trash can. But I don't want to be that ***hole. There are thousands of people in world right now sleeping hungry and jus' b'coz I can I throw food is not something I want to see mysef doing. Besides person who got the donuts would never appreciate seeing it in trash can

Honestly, I think I am being polite in my actions. But someone commented that such people are being *kitten* or probably need to eat the entire donut and climb extra stairs to burn the calories.

Edited for grammar

Replies

• joepage612
    joepage612 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    On these lets-get-fit-shows they go thru the persons cupboard and throw out 50 boxs of "bad" food. its horrifying. how many food shelves would accept that donation?? i hear u.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'd just ignore the comments and eat however many donuts I wanted. I've never really cared much what others think of my eating habits.
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Options
    I don't do this because some people are so anal about it. If I want half - I'll ask another person if they'd like to share half with me. Otherwise, I just won't touch it or will eat an entire donut.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Whoever made that comment is obviously slacking off at work, going up and down the stairsa dozen or more times to burn off the other half of a doughnut generally isn't considered productive.

I don't like to throw food out, either. Cutting it in half and leaving it seems reasonable to me.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Whoever made that comment probably has no clue how many stairs you'd have to climb to burn off the donut. They probably also do not even lift, just as an aside.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time, though I've seen some people cut a jelly donut in half....was a sad mess
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a sweet person but due to trying to cut down on those types of things for the sake of watching calories, I would eat the other half of your donut. :)

Crap, now I want a donut
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    It's what IIFYM is all about - eating an appropriate amount of food that fits your goals.

Personally I'd probably eat the whole donut, but would be happy with half a sandwich.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    We got free donuts from a vendor the other day. I opened the box and there was 1/4 of a donut sitting in there. Hell yeah, I ate it! As long as it doesn't look like someone bit into it, it's all good. Cut the donuts in half if you want to. It's a free country. :drinker:
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    well sandwiches are far superior to donuts so it makes sense to me
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I am always amused by that one donut at work that got cut in half, and then the next person takes 1/2 of that 1/2 and all through the day that one donut just gets smaller and smaller. Then I wonder is it one person taking all the parts but wants to deny they ate the full donut or multiple people just cutting off pieces of donuts. And I also cut the donuts in 1/2 - because they're so yummy but not 400-500 calories of yummy.
  • KarenJanine
    Options
    And I also cut the donuts in 1/2 - because they're so yummy but not 400-500 calories of yummy.

A Krispy Kreme glazed donut is only 217 cals, really not a lot in the grand scheme of things.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    The other day someone brought in a box of doughnuts and I took a maple glazed bar. I only wanted half too, but I want the top half with all the glaze on it! Luckily we don't have near as many doughnuts floating around the office as we used to.
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    pleasurelittletreasure Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time, though I've seen some people cut a jelly donut in half....was a sad mess

I will admit to attempting to cut a jelly donut in half. They are my Achilles heal. But then I just said, "Who am I kidding?" and popped both halves on my plate. Life is too short and jelly donuts don't pop into my world that often. (Thankfully.) Man, I love those suckers.

I finally had to employ drastic measures to ensure control over my donut passions. Whenever someone would announce that there were donuts in the lunchroom, I would wait the appropriate... 5 minutes to make sure all donuts had been scavenged before wandering in to refill my coffee. (The IT guys were fast! No donut lasted long.) A girl has to have a plan when donuts are in play.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    And I also cut the donuts in 1/2 - because they're so yummy but not 400-500 calories of yummy.

A Krispy Kreme glazed donut is only 217 cals, really not a lot in the grand scheme of things.

Since Top Pot opened across the street from my work we don't bother with Krispy Kreme anymore. We used to get them - and yep, a lot less calories than Top Pot!
  • KarenJanine
    Options

Since Top Pot opened across the street from my work we don't bother with Krispy Kreme anymore. We used to get them - and yep, a lot less calories than Top Pot!

I'd not heard of those and just looked them up. Now drooling. But yes, I see where you got the 400-500 cal figure from now!
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    The person who made that comment sounds like they're projecting their issues to you. LIke they can't resist the entire donut, so better tease or put down the person who can.

I personally, however, do not eat the donuts that have been cut in half when it happens at work because I don't like the thought of the donut being manhandled by someone else before I eat it. :laugh:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I am always amused by that one donut at work that got cut in half, and then the next person takes 1/2 of that 1/2 and all through the day that one donut just gets smaller and smaller. Then I wonder is it one person taking all the parts but wants to deny they ate the full donut or multiple people just cutting off pieces of donuts. And I also cut the donuts in 1/2 - because they're so yummy but not 400-500 calories of yummy.

my boss does that.

She cuts it in half. Swearing she doesn't want to eat the whole thing then comes back for the other half. It's kind of amusing. But she mostly does it because she's one of those "chemical people" so she's caving when she eats processed doughnuts and she feels guilty- but loves them.

It's kind of an entertaining way to get through the day- watching her guilt issues over the damn doughnut LMAO. She usually only does half's though- not continuously halving the half.
  • kwaz29
    kwaz29 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    They get donuts at work and if there is no sign that says "Eat the entire donut" -

I'm more intrigued by this-people actually put up signs like this? I shall eat my donuts however I damn well please! Half, whole, 1/4-it's still delicious! :laugh:
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    We got free donuts from a vendor the other day. I opened the box and there was 1/4 of a donut sitting in there. Hell yeah, I ate it! As long as it doesn't look like someone bit into it, it's all good. Cut the donuts in half if you want to. It's a free country. :drinker:

:laugh: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: