So I cut donut in Half but will run away with your sandwich

Options

Replies

• BearsinHats
    BearsinHats Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Someone in my office building only eats the top part of a muffin and leaves a bunch of sad muffin bottoms for the rest of us peasants..........
  • flower423k
    flower423k Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree and do the same thing all the time. It doesn't make sense to eat the whole thing if you don't want it. That is wasteful. It about portions and being healthy. Just because you could burn off the calories later, doesn't make the additional sugar and fat from the other half any better for your body.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    huh?

Yep.
  • sparklefrogz
    sparklefrogz Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    But someone commented that such people are being *kitten* or probably need to eat the entire donut and climb extra stairs to burn the calories.

Your coworker is projecting their own guilt from seeing others clearly able to moderate their intake and enjoy it. They would probably not believe me if I told them I don't typically like donuts AT ALL! Unless it is one of three specific types, I'll pass by them without effort or regret.

Also, I have worked with people who care about the "touching of food" thing but still prefer donut halves. What they do is use little napkins to hold the side of the donut while the knife cuts it (careful not to squish the topping, of course). They helpfully leave the napkin still kind of wrapped around the half so other similarly squeamish folk know that half is safe. :)
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Or, I don't want to eat food someone I don't know has touched.

Yeah yeah, cafeteria workers, chefs, blah blah.

Still not gonna go for a cut in half donut!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    There's a spot reserved in hell for donut cutters :devil:
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    real.jpg

OP - you take half and I'll take half. You can even cut if you want.

Edit because now I have donuts and bacon on the brain.
    what a time to be alive.
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    didn't read anything, but in for donuts
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I don't do this because some people are so anal about it. If I want half - I'll ask another person if they'd like to share half with me. Otherwise, I just won't touch it or will eat an entire donut.
    ^^^ I am with you on that. If I see half a donut sitting in the donut box in the break room, I have no idea who touched it; did they wash their hands? Did they sneeze while cutting it? No thank you!
    If I want a donut, I'll eat a donut and I, like others before me, will work out a little harder or cut down on a meal to make up for it. In this day and age of germs, diseases and general weirdness going on, it's just not acceptable anymore (IMHO). :flowerforyou:
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    real.jpg

DANG! Now I want one of those - never seen one before - but I WANT ONE!
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    and this is why it's great that I don't work in an office building setting with co-workers brining in goodies!.... If I were faced with donuts at work all the time, I'm pretty sure that you'd find me under my desk eating the whole box! Whether or not I cut them in half first, well, that would be irrelevant.
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Someone in my office building only eats the top part of a muffin and leaves a bunch of sad muffin bottoms for the rest of us peasants..........
    OMG! That's going way too far! NOBODY wants to eat JUST the muffin bottom. That person should be flogged!
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    OMG! That's going way too far! NOBODY wants to eat JUST the muffin bottom. That person should be flogged!

That's disgusting >:(... The knowledge of this muffin-stump abandoner is a burden on my soul. Find them and destroy them.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    In for donuts.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    real.jpg

DANG! Now I want one of those - never seen one before - but I WANT ONE!

I would try it for science.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    real.jpg

That looks beyond disgusting.

But probably doesn't taste half bad.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time, though I've seen some people cut a jelly donut in half....was a sad mess

I would do that, see two jelly donuts, cut each in half, so the jelly pocket was on one side, just the donut dough on the other.

I'd then take both jelly pockets. It sparked off a helluva shouting spate the first time someone discovered it, so I took some pictures of me with the jelly pocket sides, and fired off an all staff email.

It was amusing.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Who cut the cheese.... danish?
  • bkthandler
    bkthandler Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I will confess to being one of those people who does not like donuts or whatnot being cut up and left (unless you are sharing). In my office those generally get left and thrown out later in the day.

I will bring in treats for occasions (cookies, muffins, whatnot) and you take a whole because if you leave a half I will throw it out...I am a pretty good baker (until our building got locked down I had former co-workers who would still come over for treats) so normally people don't try that.

I apologize for my spelling. Half consumed food gives me the vapors.