Dumbest comment I get told everyday about working out is...

Options

Replies

• Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got told that I needed more meat on my bones.

I just ate 4 pieces of cake, and got a "you need to slow down" by the same person.

People are funny. But that cake was damn good.
  • yesterdayusaid2morrow
    Options
    That is seriously rude, clearly those unfortunate people have yet to discover the myriad advantages to physical activity! I'm trying to lose so that is part of my motivation, but I am also just downright happier and more energetic when I exercise consistently. I've noticed that certain people who know about my weight loss go out of there way to push unhealthy foods on me. Project much? Lol. I'm at a place where I just feel bad for them.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    More diet related, and a recent one too:

"I don't think you're eating enough, and you're getting too thin. It'd be different if you were all muscle, but you're not."

Straight through the heart. I'm still trying to recover from that one.
  • mojomarie
    mojomarie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've heard worse gym comments but your consistency rocks: ) :) Staying strong for efficient throat punching force seems legit ;))
  • panther1911
    Options
    success shuts 'em up fairly quick.
    When I first started dieting and exercising, i was told by many people I was doing it wrong.....50+lbs later.....they shut up
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Tell me more about this donut....

Fried, chocolate covered, creme filling, sprinkles, and it's on top of another donut

L27m1Pj.gif
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    I don't know about "everyday," but someone did once tell me women shouldn't lift more than 20 lbs or they'll get hernias.

I lift more than ten times that, but no hernias yet. Maybe my body is just a faulty model.
  • soxobsessed
    soxobsessed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    my ex used to tell me running was going to hurt more then help......

just another reason he is my ex
  • CStellaGo
    CStellaGo Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    .....only been asked this once and I was so upset by it!!!!

"Are you cheating on your fiance and that's why you're losing weight for someone else?" So in order to look and feel better I must be screwing someone OTHER than my significant other.

:explode:
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    More diet related, and a recent one too:

"I don't think you're eating enough, and you're getting too thin. It'd be different if you were all muscle, but you're not."

Straight through the heart. I'm still trying to recover from that one.

Ouch...
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    my ex used to tell me running was going to hurt more then help......

just another reason he is my ex

I want your tank!!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Someone called me "boxy" the other day. Like this: "oh man all that lifting is making you a little boxy, you should do pilates"

WTF Seriously. I have a 24 inch waist. *****oles
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    "Why are you lifting so much? You're going to look like a man"...:explode: "I would LOVE for these little baby muscles to look a bit bigger and more defined." F off please :flowerforyou:
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    "Why dont you start working out after you lose the weight, that way it will be easier!"
    Sure because i want to be thin and squishy with excess skin....that would make me feel really sexy!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    coworker points to lunch "how many calories is this"

ugh

"do you workout?"

the fK.
    I get this ALL the time- at least once or twice a week. It makes me effing crazy. I say no a lot.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    coworker points to lunch "how many calories is this"

ugh

"do you workout?"

the fK.
    I get this ALL the time- at least once or twice a week. It makes me effing crazy. I say no a lot.

:laugh:
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    My overweight friend commented on my running the other day "Oh, I'd love to join you but I'll only walk. Slow. Very slow." ummm...no thanks! I enjoy my alone running time thank you!

I also told her I go very early in the morning and she said "Well, if I go with you then YOU owe me breakfast!" What???? I am NOT begging you to go, you brought it up yourself. SERIOUSLY!!!!?????
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I get told "if you're trying to lose weight, why are you lifting?" um...because I want to be bad *kitten*.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    "Be careful lifting all that weight, you're gonna hurt your back!"

No I'm F***ing not! YOU are going to hurt YOUR back and probably while lifting something that isn't even heavy because you have bad posture, poor form and no muscular spinal support.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I get this one a lot, " Do protein shakes work?"

WTF do you mean "do they work?" It's not a drug, it's food! Does your sandwich work?