Grrrr....Hubby sabatoge

Options
124»

Replies

• karenMcMillan0712
    karenMcMillan0712 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You must be a real peach to live with, OP. Just wow. Micromanaging his diet and complaining about him on the internet is definitely the magic combination for marital bliss.

Bless you for pointing out my faults- I never thought I was a micro manager but hey maybe I am-AS for placing it here-I vented ANd then we talked and cleared so bless you for showing me my wrong.
  • karenMcMillan0712
    Options
    I don't think that a few slices of pizza is going to kill your whole weekend, That being said, he is an adult (presumably), if he wants to eat gluten and feel crappy after, so be it.

Just worry about you :wink:

I have to disagree-He will be in the can every fifteen minutes for the entire weekend. So yes there will be no fun outside our home

You don't have to stay in the house and listen to his buttsplosions. You can go out and have a great time by yourself -- have a long lunch, check out a store you've always wanted to but couldn't because he would get bored, have a nonfat latte and read a book at a coffee shop somewhere. Take this as your ticket to be out, about, and totally free of restrictions.

When you get home, you will be glowing because you have had a wonderful day, and he will be cranky because he's been sh*tting his guts out, and you can brush past him with a "I don't want to hear it. It was your choice," and shut. It. Down. the rest of the day.

If he does it again tonight, then you get another wonderful girl-day tomorrow. Perhaps come home with some stories of the fish you saw at the aquarium, or the treats you enjoyed at the farmer's market. Eventually he will figure out that if he acts like an idiot, he doesn't get to have fun. Or he doesn't figure it out. Either way, you have had a weekend free of buttsplosions and full of nail polish and tea.

Edited to add: and yes, the honesty issue is a huge thing, but that has to be addressed at a different time when he's not in physical pain. And perhaps after he sees that following his diet means he gets to be with you doing fun stuff. For now, you do you -- and have a lovely girl weekend.

Thank you we are in a great place and talked about it-I appreciate everyones opinion on the matter-Some reality checks for me-And great motivation for me to continue on. Marriage is my full time Job that I love. But it is a job and needs work everyday.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    The thing that would make me angriest is that HE decided to do this diet, YOU'RE paying for it, and he's lying. People are on here all like "you're trying to control him" etc. I don't think you told him to go gluten free, all you did was pay for it. If that's controling, find me a wife like you!
  • karenMcMillan0712
    Options
    Okay....this is why I work solo. And why I don't do restrictive diets.

this is why I think marriage is evil

Marriage is not evil people are Guns dont kill people do and so on and so on.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I am a diabetic. My husband is not.

He offered to eat the same diet that I do when I was first diagnosed, and I told him that he didn't have to do that - because, after all, this is my problem. Why should he have to deprive himself of carby things? It's up to ME to take control of my health and the things I eat - it's not my husband's responsibility.

Honestly, it's really not your responsibility, either. I know that you want to be supportive of his health by participating in the diet he now should (has to) eat, but in the end, it's up to him if he wants to be healthy and live longer. You can't take on his choices, you know what I mean?

I get that you feel bad because he lied to you, and yeah - that's not cool. I'd be ticked off, too.

But in the end, it's up to him. Just like managing my diabetes is up to me. I take care of myself and keep my blood sugar under control because that's important to me - I don't want the consequences that come with unchecked diabetes (believe me).

Your husband has to decide whether the consequences of eating gluten, to him, is worth it.

Just let it go and let him deal with it, that's probably the best solution. You can be supportive, but that's about the extent of it.

Good luck.

ETA: I'd stop paying for special foods. Let him deal with that, too.
  • karenMcMillan0712
    Options
    And that is that-I shall not post on it again. I appreciate and Bless everyone's 2 cents worth.
  • BDeJarlais
    Options
    Honestly, unless either of you have Celiac's Disease, consuming gluten does no damage to your body. Gluten to those with Celiac's Disease is the same as what lactose does to those with lactose intolerance. You don't see people jumping on the bandwagon to cut out lactose from their diet.

Anyway, on another note, I don't understand why YOUR weekend is shot. Getting upset about it won't change the fact that it happened. He's eating a pizza. Don't eat it. Make your own gluten free crust and such. You can express how you feel, offer to teach him to cook, and so on so that it saves money, time, and effort.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Why is it "penny for your thoughts" but you only "put your two cents in"? Where does the extra penny go?
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    So My Hubby 2 months ago started a gluten free diet. He has had medical problems for years. So I was the only one working and I bought the expensive food,Did all the cooking and so forth. He got feeling so much better. we were able to do things together. Then I come home and he goes why are you here. He has a pizza from pizza Hut. He knows I gave up red meat and processed foods. Have had no gluten since we began except for my crackers. And now our weekend is shot. Am I wrong to feel like he lied cause he thought I would not be home-cheated-why did I bother and wrong Cause I refuse to care for him if he gets sick or develops worse conditions. If he is not willing why should I? Thanks needed to vent.
    You don't have to eat the pizza.. you could just leave the room or house
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Why is it "penny for your thoughts" but you only "put your two cents in"? Where does the extra penny go?

Every thing gets taxed. Even thoughts.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    ok, here's what you do.....next time he does this you immediately rub his nose in it and scream bad husband over and over again, smack him on the nose with a newspaper if you have to, he'll know right away what he did wrong......put him back in his cage and let him think about it.....when he corrects his behavior you can start giving treats again \m/
  • zerryz
    zerryz Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    So My Hubby 2 months ago started a gluten free diet.

Seems gluten intolerance does not exist in people w/o celiac disease. Keep eating at home peaceful by stopping your diet. If you nevertheless want to stay on it, Doesn t have to be pricey. You can keep it low cost by eating meat, veggies and fruit bought in reasonably priced grocery stores.

Some links of why gluten free eating might be nonsense.

http://n.pr/1m0LQb0
    http://bit.ly/1iLDXD8
    http://1.usa.gov/1sIwonW

To clarify, all your sources said non-celiac gluten intolerance is much less common than previously thought - NOT that it doesn't exist. Also, all these tests were done specifically on people with gastrointestinal symptoms. My mother gets blistering rashes any time she eats gluten... I have a hard time believing it's all in her head.

Ok, to your point, correction of my statement "Seems gluten intolerance is pretty rare amongst people who don't suffer from celiac disease." Of course the experiment was made on ppl with gastroinstestinal symptoms. Why would you conduct them on ppl who are healthy? As for you mother, tjere cld be any gazillion reasons why she suffers from rashes besides consuming gluten. Gluten-free is a hugely inflated problem which has helped increase the revenue of a number of for-profit companies. End of story.