What's your secret?

Options
CJisinShape
CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
I hear people on MFP get asked what their secret is to weightloss. I want to know your secret to something else - something that makes being excellent easy or easier.

Do you have a special product that you use, routine that you follow, or way you organize something to maximize your productivity? What do people always compliment you on, and how do you do it so well?

Replies

• darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I use no heat on my hair or, really, anything besides shampoo and conditioner. People are amazed at how healthy and long it is. Can't figure out why theirs won't grow and proceed to tell me how they flat iron and etc.

Does that count?
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    1. When on a trip, I print out copies of all bookings for hotels, boats, flights etc, and keep them in a clear folder in the order they will be required.

2. When walking down stairs, the ONLY thing you should be doing is walking down stairs. No texting, drinking, taking off or putting on clothes etc.
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I use no heat on my hair or, really, anything besides shampoo and conditioner. People are amazed at how healthy and long it is. Can't figure out why theirs won't grow and proceed to tell me how they flat iron and etc.

Does that count?

This....I have hair passed my knees currently (hoping to cut some off and donate to locks of love soon. I got way to much and really don't need it all) and the only thing I do is shampoo and condition. I have my ends trimed and that's all. I have been dying it black (and yes I looked....locks of love will still take it dyed, not bleached) but I haven't even done that in 2 years (so it looks funny. Brown on top, blk on bottom). I don't even own a flat iron or a blow dryer. And even when I did have a blow dryer (I had it for like 4 months before our friends ex asked to use the bathroom and slipped it in her messager bag....) I only used it twice. Can't have healthy hair if you do crazy stuff to it. Oh and don't wash it every day! Lol sorry for the ramble....:)
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    We follow a Dave Ramsey style of financial responsibility and were completely debt free (including mortgage) when the economy went over the cliff in 2008. It has literally changed our lives!
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    There is no secret.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I shaved my own head in my early twenties and saved 20 years of effing around with the stuff.

Been a massive time saver. And owning your own clippers means you'll never waste money on a haircut again.

I encourage everyone to buy a set of clippers and get cracking if you want to be a success like me. Start Yesterday.
  • melindafritz1976
    melindafritz1976 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    I would tell you but then I would have to kill you!
  • felonebeats
    felonebeats Posts: 433
    Options
    My secret to happiness is to let go of bad feelings towards people because it only churns you up inside.I wake up happy every day and go to bed happy every night
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't be my secret if I told you.

the_greatest_secret_agent-109450.gif
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    My secret to a long and happy marriage..................................conform.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Johnplusfour
    Johnplusfour Posts: 105
    Options
    My secret isn't a healthy one so obviously not advised for the norm.

I started a job in January that's extremely physically demanding, I'm outside in the heat the entire day and I have very little time to eat. So on a typical work day I eat breakfast and dinner and drink water to keep hydrated. I carry a ~70+Lb ladder over rough terrain up and down hills and climb 20-30 feet on it continuously. I went from 190Lbs in January down to and have stabilized in the 160s. I still need to trim up my BF% to around 15% and then probably work on gaining lean muscle mass in the fall. That'll be easier in the fall when I can take some chicken and tuna with me without it spoiling in the heat. As a side note: When I first started the job in January I thought my body was falling apart and that my age would keep me from doing the job. Now in July my body feels like it did in my mid 20s. I had no idea that physical fitness affected my well being to the level that it did. I really thought that I was just getting old when I was just FAT!
  • CJisinShape
    Options

Does that count?

Yes it does!
  • CJisinShape
    Options
    1. When on a trip, I print out copies of all bookings for hotels, boats, flights etc, and keep them in a clear folder in the order they will be required.

2. When walking down stairs, the ONLY thing you should be doing is walking down stairs. No texting, drinking, taking off or putting on clothes etc.

That makes so much more sense than digging in your carryon when you get to the gate!
  • CJisinShape
    Options
    We follow a Dave Ramsey style of financial responsibility and were completely debt free (including mortgage) when the economy went over the cliff in 2008. It has literally changed our lives!

How did you get your spouse on the same page?
  • CJisinShape
    Options
    My secret to happiness is to let go of bad feelings towards people because it only churns you up inside.I wake up happy every day and go to bed happy every night

That's the way to live!
  • CJisinShape
    Options
    My secret to a long and happy marriage..................................conform.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

:laugh:

How long have you been married?
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options

2.3 yrs and the mortgage company will weep with sadness as I send them my last payment. :wink:
  • CJisinShape
    Options
    I shaved my own head in my early twenties and saved 20 years of effing around with the stuff.

Been a massive time saver. And owning your own clippers means you'll never waste money on a haircut again.

I encourage everyone to buy a set of clippers and get cracking if you want to be a success like me. Start Yesterday.

I cut my hair short once - pain in the ! It grew really fast, so I was always looking like I needed a haircut. For guys, the bald head thing is much easier.
  • CJisinShape
    Options
    My secret isn't a healthy one so obviously not advised for the norm.

I started a job in January that's extremely physically demanding, I'm outside in the heat the entire day and I have very little time to eat. So on a typical work day I eat breakfast and dinner and drink water to keep hydrated. I carry a ~70+Lb ladder over rough terrain up and down hills and climb 20-30 feet on it continuously. I went from 190Lbs in January down to and have stabilized in the 160s. I still need to trim up my BF% to around 15% and then probably work on gaining lean muscle mass in the fall. That'll be easier in the fall when I can take some chicken and tuna with me without it spoiling in the heat. As a side note: When I first started the job in January I thought my body was falling apart and that my age would keep me from doing the job. Now in July my body feels like it did in my mid 20s. I had no idea that physical fitness affected my well being to the level that it did. I really thought that I was just getting old when I was just FAT!

That job was a gift from above! Restored youth, very nice!

(Wondering where I last saw that ladder, lol)