what did u do with your before clothes?

Options
13»

Replies

• salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have somethings I didn't wanna let go, never thought to have them talored. Thanks for the idea. I had however thought about making my tees into the cut up tanks and such, not to sure on that however. I was thinking about donating everything else. I have some cute jeans and tees that were got for me or given to me that just isn't my style or didn't fit right or whatever the case. Then a lot of my everyday clothes are still in decent condition. So I was thinking about taking most of it to goodwill. I know as a bigger girl its so hard to find cute jeans and tees at the thrift stores. I was also thinking I might give some things to my aunt. Not sure though. And my best friend is bigger then I and she's on here with me. I thought I might see if she wants some things. Pretty much I have no set plan. Lol. I just go with the flow
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Up until fairly recently, I was still wearing most of my old clothing because of a tight budget. I've been trashing or upcycling the clothing that's no longer wearable, donating the clothing that's in good condition, and have no idea what I'm going to do with the rest. I kind of like the idea of keeping a few things as a reminder of how much I've accomplished.
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Donate everything except my NHL and EIHL jerseys.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I'm scared to get rid of them because I'm worried that I'll regain the weight I've lost.

I had a bit of that as I was collecting my clothes. I made a decision that what fits me stays in the closet, the next size up goes into boxes as back-up, and everything else goes. Then, should I start to slip, I have one and only one size to fall back to, and to act as a trigger to get myself going again. I'm still looking to go down 1-2 more sizes. My hope is to never, ever have to go to the back-up box again.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I think I have one pair of pants in a size 26 to remind me of how far I've come &, I either donated the rest to GoodWill or sold at yard sales.
  • OhhNiff
    OhhNiff Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    If you're worried about getting rid of them because you're afraid you'll gain the weight back, get rid of them ASAP. Maybe then you'll be more motivated to keep the weight off so you don't have to go through the torture of buying those sizes again. :) Just a thought.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Gave lots to a good friend and donated the rest to a women's shelter