Intake Vs. Output

Options
2»

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Does anyone wish they could zero out a little scale underneath the toilet so you can measure how much ounces of pee or poop you made?

I mean, wouldn't it be interesting to track you total input and output?

KND4014_8.jpg

Problem solved. Messy, but effective if you really want to do this. Available at Walgreens or CVS.
  • LegendaryOrange
    LegendaryOrange Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    I actually have to take my weigh-ins very seriously for competition purposes. Every day I weigh myself at about the exact same time, in about the exact same conditions, in the nude. Sundays are my true progress monitoring weigh-in day so I do all that I can to eat nearly the exact same WEIGHT of food the day before. That does not mean the same amount of calories, but the same weight (similar size meals) to reduce the influence of digesting food on my weight the next morning.

You might ask why I don't just wait for my first bowel movement. I don't want to withhold nourishment from my body any longer than I have to first thing in the morning. Your body is in a catabolic state and has run out of muscle-building amino acids by morning. Your metabolism is as slow as it'll be all day. I want to get my system anabolic and revved up as soon as possible when I wake.
  • torichantel2005
    torichantel2005 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This kind of desperation seems similar to people who take off a necklace and a hair band to hope the scales read what the hope for.

I don't think for a lot of people it's "desperation." I strive for accuracy. If I'm wearing a sweater and jeans when I weigh in the winter, but I'm wearing shorts and a tank top when I weigh in the summer, that's going to cause a decent amount of inaccuracy. Same with poop! If I haven't pooped in 2 days, I weigh quite a bit more than if I have pooped that day. TMI, I know, but I feel the situation called for it! Now weighing yourself after every pee and poop might be a little excessive, but sometimes it's good to know that you haven't gained the 2 pounds you thought you did, you just need to take a potty break.
  • torichantel2005
    torichantel2005 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I understand the curiosity. I have actually weighed myself before and after a "potty." Pee weighs nothing, in case you were wondering. :)

LOL, but not true! I actually weight myself when I wake and then after I pee and I've had up to a .4lb difference! lmao I know TMI, but you started it!

Ha! Well, maybe I didn't pee as much as you. lol
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Nope. Reminds me too much of being in a hospital. I'll "pass".
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    You do know that a large amount of your 'output' exits through respiration, right? I suggest wearing a plastic bag over your head in order to catch it all.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mi1mtbOJqE1rqfhi2o1_250.gif