Gainer Shakes

Hey Guys,

I'm newish to this community, looking to bulk and put on some weight. I didn't see a topic for weight-gainer shakes, so I was wondering if any of you have some good calorie-packed recipes you would like to share.

I'll start with a 1,010 calorie shake that I made yesterday

2 cups of shur shine frozen mixed fruit
2 cups of 2% milk
1 cup of dry quaker oats
2 scoops of ON Strawberry Whey Protein
1 tablespoon of flaxseed oil

This shake originated from a bodybuilding site, and I tweaked it a little to add calories. There were two problems: the flaxseed oil was cinnamon flavored, which overpowered all fruit flavor, and the oats create a consistency that is very difficult to drink.

I'd love to hear some other recipes. Right now Im putting together a peanut butter shake that will go well with the cinnamon flavored flaxseed oil.

Replies

• Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    This is what I drink every morning at around 1000 calories
    1 scoop chocolate arnold mass gainer
    1 scoop chocolate shakelogy
    2 tbsp peanut butter
    2 cups vanilla almond milk
    1 tbsp cocoa powder
    1 whole banana

Tastes like chocolate pudding
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Why not just eat food? Tastes much better, can easily eat 6000 calories and still be hungry at the end of the day.
  • I'll second peanut butter for quick and easy calorie hit. With regards to the oats, I have found that if I blitz them in a blender or use the 'stick' type, I can get them to a very fine consistency and then it's not so much like trying to get a porridge slurry down your throat. Some of the instant oats blend better although I believe they may be missing some of the nutrients?
    Maybe just take the oil separately as well? Oil and oats don't mix, at least in my head..
  • jmattingly01
    jmattingly01 Posts: 19 Member
    Why not just eat food? Tastes much better, can easily eat 6000 calories and still be hungry at the end of the day.

Don't always have time to make a full meal. Shakes are quick and easy to make, and I can take them on the go.
  • jmattingly01
    This is what I drink every morning at around 1000 calories
    1 scoop chocolate arnold mass gainer
    1 scoop chocolate shakelogy
    2 tbsp peanut butter
    2 cups vanilla almond milk
    1 tbsp cocoa powder
    1 whole banana

Tastes like chocolate pudding

That looks pretty good. Might have to try this one out! Thank u
  • mayfrayy
    mayfrayy Posts: 198 Member
    mass gainers are a waste of money (not to mention the worst carbs possible), better just to use oats and protein powder.
    yeah oats are thick, i jsut dealt with it, i think you can make them finer or use something like nutricleanse in addition to less oats (still super thick)
  • jmattingly01
    Yeah definitely staying away from mass gainers. Seem like a total waste since that huge tub is gone within half the month.

Today I tweaked my recipe and did this:

1 cup of oats (this time I blended the oats into a fine powder first, made it WAAAYYY better)
    2 cups of frozen fruits
    2 servings of strawberry whey
    1 JELLO strawberry cheesecake pudding cup
    1.5 cups of milk

880 calories of deliciousness. I also have some oreo pudding cups, so I'm gonna try to make a recipe with those and some vanilla whey.
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Yeah definitely staying away from mass gainers. Seem like a total waste since that huge tub is gone within half the month.

Today I tweaked my recipe and did this:

1 cup of oats (this time I blended the oats into a fine powder first, made it WAAAYYY better)
    2 cups of frozen fruits
    2 servings of strawberry whey
    1 JELLO strawberry cheesecake pudding cup
    1.5 cups of milk

880 calories of deliciousness. I also have some oreo pudding cups, so I'm gonna try to make a recipe with those and some vanilla whey.

Add a few egg whites in there. You won't even taste them. For more calories, peanut butter.

And yes you're supposed to blend the oats into a fine powder, otherwise the consistency sucks. Take a few minutes out of your day to blend the entire tub of oats into a powder.

It's been a while, but back when I was eating more calories I used to use:

Milk
    Peanut butter
    Protein Powder
    Oats
    Banana
    Egg whites

It's been so long I don't remember the quantities. But just keep playing with it until you find a consistency and taste that works.

My shake would taste amazing. I'd down it FAST before I got full. Bam 1000+ good calories in a few minutes.
  • Dean649
    Dean649 Posts: 39 Member
    Might be much cheaper to just eat lots of carbs PASTAS and lots of good oils, Olive oil is very healthy and high calorie, Put it in everything. You do not need any special shakes full of sugars.
  • Hello

I have a shake recipe guaranteed to pack on pure unbridled lean muscle like clock work..

but before i just through it out there lets shake it up a bit to put some fast and furious on the table..

Typically..of all shakes I have tried all have had grave back firing errors in what the shake is suppose to do..

First a shakes protein profile consists of a substrate version of whole food protein - this means its mimicking the actions of whole food and acting as stand-in

until a who;e food source shows up

if not in time the stand-in mimmick gets half lifed into a metabolite waste product - bottom line you want the mimmick to have a call to action when it is in your gut.. the shake you created was a mimic WITHOUT a clear message. it will quickly become a metabolite

Next a shake should possess a single digit sugar.. all the shakes I ve seen raise insulin level so high.. that it takes all the lypolytic enzyme work force to deal with your sugar spike.. Thus no delivery to under served muscles you wnat to get sized up on

also the use of tap water, ice and juices as mixing fluids..These over dilute the powder in addition to adding added sugar to sugar already a part of the powder itself. so now you have the equivalent of sugar water which neutralizes the staying power other ingredients..

there are five other down side issues that you need to know when formulating a shake that will 100% build a more modern masculine frame, but i will spare you the stomach bloating gory details a cut to what you need to make size matter and size happen

Single digit sugar profile- very important if you are not on the sauce..

exceptionally filling front end flavor with no after taste

possesses a top notch and useful Fiber content

Offers a substantial food energy with out a belly full of filler calories..

Can be modified for any pallete type even vegans

Price per serving is lower than any similar prepackaged product on the market..

before I reveal my shake.. here s the thing you wnat ti gain size..and build muscle more rapidly

the body will, if not using any anabolic agent, respond just as fast when protein intake whether from whole food sources, substrate sources or adjunct sources with small concentration of it is introduced over time.. not large massive volumes

The shake I use is Call the G-spot Breakfast shake and it has just four ngrediates..

45% high fiber using only water based frozen fruit and a the balance from frozen a vegetable from the grocers freezer..

there are just three that work best either frozen squash, petite green peas, and waffle cut carrots... FROZEN.. not raw or cooked

the vegetable and the fruit mixture are used to act as the ice.. you do not add ice.. sometimes add a frozen ice cube of diluted orange juice when I want creamsicle flavor

I use sparkling soda water and te original engineered food vanilla MeT RX...-Its other Met Rex off shoots have too much otherstuff going on for the average user.. but the original does an extra ordinary job of building muscle..

by slitting the powder in packet into two separate serving drinks using the formula recipe - you can peanut butter oats or other denser fats like penaut butter or frozen yogurt and complex carbs- like oats

the shake will mass you up and good.. every ounce will be absorbed..drink each half packet before or after workout and literally watch muscle without unwanted body fat..jump o to your frame.

the reason: you body cannot ingest the property process large volumes of nutrient and process it all at the same time..

you are taking advantage of high nutrient and low surface area to get hug results .. The same way with training.. high intensity / high load split into short time blocks..give it rest feed it then repeat.

to max out the falvor make sure you use a glass or metal blender carafe and when blending do so for a minimum of 90 seconds..

Drink straight away do not make and freeze for later..

I the G-spot Breakfast shake.. and it packs on muscle..Ive been using it and testing it against other shakes for 20 years..and it has beaten every shake in taste test and top end results every time..Even my 8 year old daughter drinks it and doesnt frump..

She is a state level swimmer and she is currently placing top 3 every race or beating 8, 9, 10 year olds even in the boys category using this shake..

The shake mixology you are using does not max out mass growth, it takes too much additional digestive energy from your body to process its volume..

on the juice you could possibly take in this amount and get what you wnat but not without..

Thats alot detail about a shake.. but like you I wanted mass..with thick hard never guess muscle.. I got maxed using these food energy concepts and Met Rx..

Im sure others are out there but they dont have this kind of track record.. as I am always on the look out..to top this one..

Hope this helps..Friend me.. will be happy to send you the hard copy recipe in its exact copy..

I help achievers and over achievers forge their body as a calling card to back it up

when yo

share recipes if you are not on the sauce.. The shake you tweaked will have zero effect..
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    full fat dairy and peanut butter...
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    I notice "2% milk" - why not full fat?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

I have a shake recipe guaranteed to pack on pure unbridled lean muscle like clock work..

but before i just through it out there lets shake it up a bit to put some fast and furious on the table..

those 2 sentences made my eyes bleed...

• I have a shake recipe guaranteed to pack on pure unbridled lean muscle like clock work..

those 2 sentences made my eyes bleed...

Of course your eyes would bleed , bleed they will always do..

when awesome info trumps- it always brings out trogs who have taken as many short cuts as possible, who done little second effort digging to see if anything else is going on, or simply dont know anything else except for what they have been spoon fed by half *kitten*..

Bleed they will because little is being brought to the able of ideas that solve-do, or is of any value.. just air breathing fire from base of absolute emptiness...

I blink a thought you bleed!
  • jmattingly01
    Thank you everyone for your advice. I'm new to this all, so every tip is appreciated. I feel like I should have done more first-hand research before making this thread, but this is all part of the experience.

So far, I've learned that whole milk would be much more effective than 2%, peanut butter is a must, carbs for cleaner gains, and if I add DanceswithWow as a friend, I will learn the secret behind gaining that will make all your eyes bleed. This is all wonderful, helpful information. Thank you all again, and please continue.
  • chene249
    chene249 Posts: 33 Member
    Just a curious hijacking post question... for those drinking these 1000 calorie gainers... do u drink it EVERYDAY or something? How quickly do you gain weight??
  • jmattingly01
    My plan is to drink them when I work early in the morning and I want to pack in a lot of calories right away because I wont have time to eat meals. Maybe three days out of the week.
    Like anything, it takes time to gain weight, even with the use of gainers. Everyone is different, too. I have a very high metabolism, so its gonna take me longer than your average person to put on weight, even with a high calorie/carb diet. I'm just at the beginning of this cycle, and I've been told that the metabolism gears up when you first increase your caloric intake, and some people don't see results until weeks go by.
  • My plan is to drink them when I work early in the morning and I want to pack in a lot of calories right away because I wont have time to eat meals. Maybe three days out of the week.
    Like anything, it takes time to gain weight, even with the use of gainers. Everyone is different, too. I have a very high metabolism, so its gonna take me longer than your average person to put on weight, even with a high calorie/carb diet. I'm just at the beginning of this cycle, and I've been told that the metabolism gears up when you first increase your caloric intake, and some people don't see results until weeks go by.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    Hello

Typically..of all shakes I have tried all have had grave back firing errors in what the shake is suppose to do..

First a shakes protein profile consists of a substrate version of whole food protein - this means its mimicking the actions of whole food and acting as stand-in

until a who;e food source shows up

if not in time the stand-in mimmick gets half lifed into a metabolite waste product - bottom line you want the mimmick to have a call to action when it is in your gut.. the shake you created was a mimic WITHOUT a clear message. it will quickly become a metabolite

Next a shake should possess a single digit sugar.. all the shakes I ve seen raise insulin level so high.. that it takes all the lypolytic enzyme work force to deal with your sugar spike.. Thus no delivery to under served muscles you wnat to get sized up on

also the use of tap water, ice and juices as mixing fluids..These over dilute the powder in addition to adding added sugar to sugar already a part of the powder itself. so now you have the equivalent of sugar water which neutralizes the staying power other ingredients..

there are five other down side issues that you need to know when formulating a shake that will 100% build a more modern masculine frame, but i will spare you the stomach bloating gory details a cut to what you need to make size matter and size happen

Single digit sugar profile- very important if you are not on the sauce..

exceptionally filling front end flavor with no after taste

possesses a top notch and useful Fiber content

Offers a substantial food energy with out a belly full of filler calories..

Can be modified for any pallete type even vegans

Price per serving is lower than any similar prepackaged product on the market..

before I reveal my shake.. here s the thing you wnat ti gain size..and build muscle more rapidly

the body will, if not using any anabolic agent, respond just as fast when protein intake whether from whole food sources, substrate sources or adjunct sources with small concentration of it is introduced over time.. not large massive volumes

The shake I use is Call the G-spot Breakfast shake and it has just four ngrediates..

45% high fiber using only water based frozen fruit and a the balance from frozen a vegetable from the grocers freezer..

there are just three that work best either frozen squash, petite green peas, and waffle cut carrots... FROZEN.. not raw or cooked

the vegetable and the fruit mixture are used to act as the ice.. you do not add ice.. sometimes add a frozen ice cube of diluted orange juice when I want creamsicle flavor

I use sparkling soda water and te original engineered food vanilla MeT RX...-Its other Met Rex off shoots have too much otherstuff going on for the average user.. but the original does an extra ordinary job of building muscle..

by slitting the powder in packet into two separate serving drinks using the formula recipe - you can peanut butter oats or other denser fats like penaut butter or frozen yogurt and complex carbs- like oats

the shake will mass you up and good.. every ounce will be absorbed..drink each half packet before or after workout and literally watch muscle without unwanted body fat..jump o to your frame.

the reason: you body cannot ingest the property process large volumes of nutrient and process it all at the same time..

you are taking advantage of high nutrient and low surface area to get hug results .. The same way with training.. high intensity / high load split into short time blocks..give it rest feed it then repeat.

to max out the falvor make sure you use a glass or metal blender carafe and when blending do so for a minimum of 90 seconds..

Drink straight away do not make and freeze for later..

I the G-spot Breakfast shake.. and it packs on muscle..Ive been using it and testing it against other shakes for 20 years..and it has beaten every shake in taste test and top end results every time..Even my 8 year old daughter drinks it and doesnt frump..

She is a state level swimmer and she is currently placing top 3 every race or beating 8, 9, 10 year olds even in the boys category using this shake..

The shake mixology you are using does not max out mass growth, it takes too much additional digestive energy from your body to process its volume..

on the juice you could possibly take in this amount and get what you wnat but not without..

Thats alot detail about a shake.. but like you I wanted mass..with thick hard never guess muscle.. I got maxed using these food energy concepts and Met Rx..

Im sure others are out there but they dont have this kind of track record.. as I am always on the look out..to top this one..

Hope this helps..Friend me.. will be happy to send you the hard copy recipe in its exact copy..

I help achievers and over achievers forge their body as a calling card to back it up

when yo

share recipes if you are not on the sauce.. The shake you tweaked will have zero effect..

There was seriously zero useful information in there except your promotion of a product you happen to sell.