I should have just turned around :(

2»

Replies

• Is gold bond for treatment, prevention, or both? Would standard baby powder suffice?

I call it a breahtmint for your_______.......hahahaa
    That's how I think of it, too, but mostly because of the cool minty-fresh feeling. Kind of chilling to the core, really.

And I think that I'd opt for Gold Bond over baby powder. If nothing else, you really don't want that area to smell ... well, like a baby. Seriously, think about that for a second, haha.

I've been married for 16yrs. Not all that worried about my under areas smelling like baby powder :D I only asked about baby powder because it was readily available tho :)

I'm sure she would be pleasantly suprised, even AFTER 16 years.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    I used neosporin last night and goldbond this morning. Think I will be good today :) Tho just to be safe I'm going to go hiking on a steep inclined hill for less leg movement >_<

When I started exercising I got a wretched case of chub rub. I used neosporin AND gold bond. I ended up with a horrid spackle thing that would ball up and fall out the bottom of my pant legs.
  • kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Just got back from 5.25 miles and 0 issues! Fanks everyone! :D
  • Lol, glad you've managed the problem.

Chafing can cause some seriously painful problems though. I am a beauty therapist and one of my clients is a runner. She is slim and fit, but she had a severe bruise/almost cut when she had a months break and then went back to it, from her running leggings.

Ouch

On another note, some men like to put vaseline on their nipples too
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Lol, glad you've managed the problem.

Chafing can cause some seriously painful problems though. I am a beauty therapist and one of my clients is a runner. She is slim and fit, but she had a severe bruise/almost cut when she had a months break and then went back to it, from her running leggings.

Ouch

That just sounds kinky.
  • Lol, glad you've managed the problem.

Ouch

That just sounds kinky.

LOL!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    savlon is another good one!! It stops it getting sore and potentially infected!

Glad everything is better now :flowerforyou:
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    If it happens again try some zinc oxide cream (baby diaper rash cream) on the chaffed area. Put it on before bed and it should be cleared up by the next day.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Women have the same problem. You learned a valuable lesson and I'm sure it won't happen to you again. Good Work hiking!

I don't have that problem anymore. lol It took ALOT of hard work, but I was able to trim enough away in two months that my legs don't rub together anymore. Woot!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,393 Member
    Yep, learned that lesson myself. I always look for those boxers that go down the legs slightly.

I don't like boxers cuz they never stay put and there's that whole gaping fly thing that brings on an entire new set of chafing problems... :embarassed: I personally opt for compression shorts that I wear under my regular shorts. Spandex, no fly. They sell them at pretty much any sporting goods store that carries clothing. Brands: UnderArmor, Nike, Champion, Brooks, Adidas, etc. IF you can't find any at a store, go to www.roadrunnersports.com.
This discussion has been closed.