Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Angry FB Friends

Not sure what folder to post this but....

Anyone have the experience of posting your MFP updates on your Facebook page... and then having a friend get pissed off at you about it?

Totally just went through that with a nasty comment on my "Completed Food Diary" status on my FB page tonight. Sad :(

I've decided to not allow my updates here to post on FB. Lesson learned!

Replies

• Why are they angry about it?! Surely they could just hit the "x" and select "hide all updated from "my fitness pal"" if it bothered them so much.

In my opinion it's kind of rude that they're angry that you wanted to share your success with them.
  • Sounds like your friend is jealous :X

I've never had a friend on FB say something nasty about my weight loss stuff...they have all been my cheerleaders :) If they did be mean I'd jump all over them lol maybe that's why?
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    wow that sucks, my friends always say nice things when it posts mine.
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    I blocked my MFP updates on FB just because I use exact numbers here and don't over there. I don't think they all need to know my current stat's since some of them are thin and don't need to know what I'm so embarrassed about.
    Anyway, that was more than kinda rude and just plain MEAN!
  • lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    yikes, sorry to hear, but keep it up... who needs FB anyway when you have MFP :)
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Why are they angry about it?! Surely they could just hit the "x" and select "hide all updated from "my fitness pal"" if it bothered them so much.

In my opinion it's kind of rude that they're angry that you wanted to share your success with them.

totally agree! add some of us and we will be more than happy to support you here and there!
  • Pretty sad how they're acting
    Jealousy is evil
    i don't put mine because i didn't want my friends there knowing all my details...:)
  • i agree...add me anytime
    tami manry self
  • Do not be discouraged by those who are not as strong as you, I post mine on facebook because it serves as a motivation to not give up. That person is only thinking about themselves not giving you praise for your hard work. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :)
  • cmw9696
    cmw9696 Posts: 123
    I don't post to facebook, because frankly, they don't want or need to know. In reality, they are not in the same place as the people on MFP.

Everyone here has a common goal of eating and exercising, getting healthy, etc.
  • Thanks for all of the responses! This "friend" is a pretty grumpy friend and totally not surprising that she would make a snide comment. She basically said she's annoyed by these posts, is happy for me blah blah blah, but would still prefer if I'd stop posting about it.

I've decided I'm going to keep all MFP updates... MFP exclusive :)
  • I keep my FB and MFP separate for this exact reason. I think many of my friends would be spiteful, and others would be just plain nosy. I honestly prefer keeping my weight loss to myself though. I've had quite a few people try to influence me to change things about my "healthy living" that I just don't agree with, so MFP is like a private getaway for me.
  • I had kept it so that only when I completed a food diary, that would be the only update that posted on FB. None of my other MFP updates would go on FB. So it was a once a night thing. I didn't want to bombard people with MFP, but at the same time I hoped maybe some of my other friends might be encouraged to join me in my efforts. But I've changed my settings now though.
  • i get sick of farmville post so i hide them. i don't take it out against the people playing. i agree that it sounds more like somebody who isn't jealous and upset that your sucess may be reminding them that they "aren't".

i have a family member who trys to sabatoge those of us trying so that they aren't left behind. they don't want to lose. well, don't. but i DO.

i'd post a reply, telling them to simply click the X and hide mfp if it bothers them.

WE are here to support you! :drinker:
  • I don't have the two accounts connected...I have a variety of people on my facebook, friends, old friends, former co workers, relatives and a few farmville strangers ...They do not need to know what I'm doing...thus far I've been keeping my efforts private. Something about telling people your going on a diet and your suddenly under attack...everyone's an expert, someone trys to turn it into a competition, an heaven forbid you slip up...NO THANK YOU...I like this site because for the most part we all have the same goal...some people have made it some people are still stuggling, The WTG's are sincere and I love getting advice from others that have gone through or are going through what I am.

Although I can't imagine why someone would get nasty with you over it...I've had friends post they dropped x amount of lbs or started running etc and I just give them the like and if I really don't care i just ignore and move on to other posts...
  • I don't post to facebook, because frankly, they don't want or need to know. In reality, they are not in the same place as the people on MFP.

well said! i do post to fb so that my family (the supportive ones) can keep me in check.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    I don't post to facebook, because frankly, they don't want or need to know. In reality, they are not in the same place as the people on MFP.

Same here.
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    i set up so only the announcements of how much i lost get published there. they don't need to know everytime i complete my food diary or add an exercise.
  • ..but, i've got 5 of my fb friends to start using mfp because they were encouraged by my posts. :flowerforyou:
  • rckola911
    rckola911 Posts: 24 Member
    your friend sounds like a *****. someone like that should not even be your friend. I agree though all that stuff is better listed here with us like minded people.