Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Angry FB Friends

2»

Replies

• I'll just call it a "newbie lesson learned". I wasn't trying to rub it in anyones face... which is why I changed my settings to only show that a food diary had been completed. I thought that was harmless enough. But lesson learned.... no more FB updates from here on out.
  • kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    I don't publish my MFP to Facebook because it's pretty spammy and really does annoy people. It's akin to all those stupid game updates like Mafia Wars and Farmville. If you have blocked those, like I and many others, then you would block someones MFP updates as well.
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    I understand some dont want to see it, but for me it helps keep me accountable...
  • Wow, your "friend" sounds like a cranky old bat who is either jealous or just plain bad. I vote for "thinning out the herd" on your FB friends list! Who needs that kind of negative feedback? Shouldn't friends be supportive and happy for our successes?
  • kewkdb
    kewkdb Posts: 207 Member
    Wow, your "friend" sounds like a cranky old bat who is either jealous or just plain bad. I vote for "thinning out the herd" on your FB friends list! Who needs that kind of negative feedback? Shouldn't friends be supportive and happy for our successes?

When you have a lot of friends and you all of them are spamming your facebook with these applications it gets extremely annoying because it blocks out the real information that you want to read.

I do agree that the negative feedback was unnecessary. However, it was likely due to the lack of understanding how facebook works. IE they can simply block it from posting to their wall.
  • KarenJean81
    KarenJean81 Posts: 117 Member
    I dont have my mfp and fb connected, but I do occasionally post my progress to facebook. II've had mainly encouraging feedback with one or two nasty comments. I decided to consider any and all reasons why this should be before acting. One friend, is no longer on my list,(its a constant negativity I decided I dont need) and the other as it turns out was rather hormonal, (just found out shes 4 months) and later apologized. I'd suggest considering what can have made them respond that way before reacting.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Thanks for all of the responses! This "friend" is a pretty grumpy friend and totally not surprising that she would make a snide comment. She basically said she's annoyed by these posts, is happy for me blah blah blah, but would still prefer if I'd stop posting about it.

I've decided I'm going to keep all MFP updates... MFP exclusive :)

Maybe I'm a b!¿<# but I would post them more often just to tick her off. She has the option of blocking all MFP posts from her own newsfeed and has absolutely no right to dictate what you post to your own FB wall.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Thanks for all of the responses! This "friend" is a pretty grumpy friend and totally not surprising that she would make a snide comment. She basically said she's annoyed by these posts, is happy for me blah blah blah, but would still prefer if I'd stop posting about it.

I've decided I'm going to keep all MFP updates... MFP exclusive :)

Maybe I'm a b!¿<# but I would post them more often just to tick her off. She has the option of blocking all MFP posts from her own newsfeed and has absolutely no right to dictate what you post to your own FB wall.

Haha, I was thinking that too.

I am personally proud of all my successes and couldn't care less what the haters have to say. They can deal with it, cause at least I am not calling them up and bragging in their ears or something.

I say keep doing what you are doing, cause your jealous friend can do something else other than whine about it to you...it's easy to ignore posts!!!
  • Sounds like a jealous friend who might not really be your friend. Maybe you should block that person from your "friends list"..
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    First I want to say that person doesnt sound like a friend at all. A true friend would cheer you on and support you in your life change. So sorry this happened. Second I only allowed MFP to post my weight loss to my status maybe update it on here to what you would like to update on there. If someone can not accept you for what you are doing its a sad day of jealousy for sure. Add me on FB if you would like I will support your journey Jessika Hettich Good luck on the weight loss
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    I keep them seperate. People i know on FB, don't have a clue what we are going through, so I keep any weight loss info here where poeple will understand me!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I would first delete that friend

I would then go about my business.

I post mine to give encouragement to those friends that have not found their way yet. It reminds them that if their old, fat, cant run a block friend can do it so can they!!

Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou: