Women: How much does a guy's height really matter?

Options

Replies

• iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    To me it really doesn't. I have dated men who are a foot taller than me or the same height as me.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11" (used to be 6'1/2"

I have dated taller women and it was good times :-)
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    It used to matter a lot. I'm just over 5'10". Then I met the 5'7" man who would eventually become my husband and suddenly it mattered not a whit. I hate heels anyway, and even if I didn't he wouldn't care if I wore them.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" It's never been an issue. lol
  • vismundcygnus27
    vismundcygnus27 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It matters to some women more than others. I have one friend who is 5'1" and for some reason prefers to date guys almost a foot taller than her, but I have another friend who is 5'8" and whose boyfriend is slighter shorter than her. So it's hard to say. I am 5'5", and slightly prefer guys who are 5'10" and up, but I've been with guys shorter than that. As long as you're a bit taller than I am, then it's really not an issue.

Reading this thread has made me realize that it must be a hard-knock life for super short guys.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to add here that I actually think there's such a thing as a guy being too tall for me. Even at 5'8" as a woman, I found it kind of awkward and at times uncomfortable being with guys who were 6'5" and 6'7". The guys I dated who were unusually tall griped a lot about fitting into cars, having to stoop all the time, and having to bend down to kiss me or whined that I was "pulling their neck" when we kissed...wtf!? haha Not very romantic to me.

My husband's somewhere around 6'1" possibly 6'2" and he doesn't have those issues. I think we're a great height match. My ex husband was around 5'10" and while I didn't really have the nice "looking up at him" thing going on, being close to the same height was comfortable too.
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I'm a shorter lady I suppose, 5'5". I LOVE heels. The higher the better.
    Well... I started seeing someone who is my height, maybe a couple centimeters shorter. We decided together, that although he is comfortable being shorter than me, it's too awkward for me to wear my heels around him.

I kind of love him more for it. We have been together for about 5 months. My feet love me lol. I hardly wear heels anymore.
    The height thing bothered me before I gave him a chance. I almost missed my chance.
    Height should not be a factor. My short man has more heart, more strength, more stamina... than any tall man I've ever encountered. It shouldn't matter in the least, but you have to get to the heart of someone to really realize it doesn't matter!
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    6'5 inthe house! lol
  • Bageeeta
    Bageeeta Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I'm a shorter lady I suppose, 5'5". I LOVE heels. The higher the better.
    Well... I started seeing someone who is my height, maybe a couple centimeters shorter. We decided together, that although he is comfortable being shorter than me, it's too awkward for me to wear my heels around him.

I kind of love him more for it. We have been together for about 5 months. My feet love me lol. I hardly wear heels anymore.
    The height thing bothered me before I gave him a chance. I almost missed my chance.
    Height should not be a factor. My short man has more heart, more strength, more stamina... than any tall man I've ever encountered. It shouldn't matter in the least, but you have to get to the heart of someone to really realize it doesn't matter!
    I'm 6'5 and as much as I want to stroke my ego.. I agree that no one should be judged on their phyical apperance! That would be like me saying that I would only date women with big boobs. Pretty shallow! With saying that.. When I am attracted to a woman it is her looks that get me interested, but who she is in her heart that keeps me interested!
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    It's a 'non-issue' for me - I'm 5'2" - not too many guys out there shorter than me!

My husband is 5'9" which is perfect - he's not TOO tall!

My daughter is 4'10" and she goes for the REALLY tall guys - I'm trying to talk to her about traits that 'count' in a guy - and that looks/height shouldn't be such a priority - but character - how he treats her - is more important. I think she's slowly starting to see this!
  • Leggylass
    Leggylass Posts: 215
    Options
    It deal breaker for me, im almost 5.10 , love my heels which takes me over 6.2 and im well endowed... ive been out with men under 6.2 with excellent personalities , bank balances, looks and builds, its just not enough... i have to have the whole package, height is a big part of that for me and why should anyone settle for less?

It's about how that person makes you feel and tall masculine built men make me feel like a damsel in distress (when i can look after myself), protected and dominated in a nice way :tongue:
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    So women can be shallow too.... I dig that... And I come in at a towering 5' 8" ladies.... I also find women taller than me very attractive, does that make me weird? Society says yes.

We are most definitely shallow. No shame.
    No shame in guys not being interested in women for purely physical attributes over which they have no real control, either. . . right?
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    As a woman who is 5'10" I have dated both taller and shorter ranging form 5'6" to 6'4". The thing is, it doesn't REALLY matter because often times people break and bend thier rules when they meet someone who is just too awesome to exclude because of personal expectations.

Also, you can't change your height, it's not like your weight or your health. Your height is something that you CANNOT change so why be concerned about it? Accept it and own it and the confidence you have in yourself will make you sexier than whatever ideal height you wish you were.
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    So women can be shallow too.... I dig that... And I come in at a towering 5' 8" ladies.... I also find women taller than me very attractive, does that make me weird? Society says yes.

We are most definitely shallow. No shame.
    No shame in guys not being interested in women for purely physical attributes over which they have no real control, either. . . right?

:laugh:
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Zilch. I've dated 5'9", 5'6", and 6'2". inches matter elsewhere. :yawn:
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and I've dated guys ranging in height from 5'0" to 6'6". They can't control how tall they are any more than I can. Who cares?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I am shrinking. I was 5'11 all through high school and college, and recently I measured myself and was only 5'10. I can't spare an inch ANYWHERE dang it!
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I just like him taller than me, which isn't hard to do since I'm 5'3.

THIS :)

Same for me
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter to me. I am 5' 7" and my hubs is 5' 6".... And he loves me in heels!