Women: How much does a guy's height really matter?

Options

Replies

• MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I'm a shorter lady I suppose, 5'5". I LOVE heels. The higher the better.
    Well... I started seeing someone who is my height, maybe a couple centimeters shorter. We decided together, that although he is comfortable being shorter than me, it's too awkward for me to wear my heels around him.

I kind of love him more for it. We have been together for about 5 months. My feet love me lol. I hardly wear heels anymore.
    The height thing bothered me before I gave him a chance. I almost missed my chance.
    Height should not be a factor. My short man has more heart, more strength, more stamina... than any tall man I've ever encountered. It shouldn't matter in the least, but you have to get to the heart of someone to really realize it doesn't matter!
    I'm 6'5 and as much as I want to stroke my ego.. I agree that no one should be judged on their phyical apperance! That would be like me saying that I would only date women with big boobs. Pretty shallow! With saying that.. When I am attracted to a woman it is her looks that get me interested, but who she is in her heart that keeps me interested!

^this is true.

her character and intelligence will determine if we pass the three week threshold.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    We are visual creatures and it's expected that we are occasionally shallow. Additionally sometimes we really just can't help what we are attracted to. However physical attraction can changed based on things like personality, etc. You can develop an attraction to someone whom you were not originally attracted to just because your personalities click. Or lets say you are in love with someone but their body changes with age, or pregnancy or whatever, you can be physically attracted to this person while you would not ordinarily be attracted to a pregnant woman, or to a 55 year old women, or whatever. Placing hard-fast "rules" on who you will date or not date based only on initial attraction can limit the dating pool and possibly prevent you from finding someone you can truly connect with. I am attracted to a lot of people, but have only found a few that I actually like enough to hang out with for an extended period of time, and only one that I was really able to form a loving, meaningful, hopefully life-long connection with.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I just like him taller than me, which isn't hard to do since I'm 5'3.

this
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    So, how important is a guy's height?

Depends.

How much do you earn?

Bazynga :) Height doesn't matter.. size does..LOl....

Height really doesnt matter to me as long as they are 5'11 or >
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter so much to me. It should as I am a taller woman. But honestly who cares.
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Wait, let me pull out my cheat sheet for judging people. I don't go anywhere without it, it shows me exactly how I should value a person based on attributes that are all assigned a weight in the algorithm in conjunction with how much I value that particular attribute. How people get by without one of these, I'll never know.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I like them tall, preferably 6' and up.
  • cadaver0usb0nes
    cadaver0usb0nes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am personally attracted to people that are taller than me. I have dated guys who were the same height but I would rather have them be taller because I always have felt "bigger" than everyone, and it doesn't feel good to me to feel larger than my partner.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    I like a guy to be taller than me or at least same height
  • short_nerdy_lady
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and always been attracted to taller men, taller the better. However bottom line is personality, the 6'6 guy I dated turned out to be a pretentious crapweasel.

My LTR right now is 6'4 and his heart is good. His height was one of the reasons I looked twice, his heart and soul are the reasons why I fell in love and am still with him nearly 2 years in :)
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I'm tall, 5'8", and it's not that big of a deal to me.

I prefer men taller than 6', but I wouldn't throw a guy out who is shorter than me if he's a great person, and I married a 5'9" tall guy.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I've never really cared one way or the other, as long as he doesn't have the Short Guy complex, which really is unattractive.

I agree with this. I'm attracted to guys who are easy-going and comfortable in their own skin.

This
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    It doesn't. I'm tall for most women@ 6ft ... There are a certain percentage of men who'd disfavour me on that point alone. Why reverse discriminate?
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I like confidence in a person. My husband is tall, but I wasn't initially attracted to him because he is tall, I noticed him because he just looks secure, happy and confident.
  • Unruly_Girl
    Options
    It doesn't matter to me. I am 5' 7" and my hubs is 5' 6".... And he loves me in heels!

I'm 5'7", too and I've dated a couple of guys who were 5'6". I didn't mind it at all!
  • HopeClavon123
    HopeClavon123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I really lucked out my husband is 6'7, and I'm 5'7......but height really shouldn't matter its how he treats you which is important to me.
  • zeastronomer
    Options
    Take a look at this chart of women's and men's heights in the United States.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wdy8-UbASTo/UbqD6TlVIAI/AAAAAAAAARY/h-E1VD3bUMM/s1600/usmenandwomenheight.png

Average height for men is 5 feet 9 inches. If a majority of women are looking for 6 foot tall men, they are looking at a smaller group of men. If they are looking for taller than 6 foot tall, they are looking at an even smaller group of men.

It doesn't make sense given that there simply aren't enough 6 foot or taller men for each woman who says she wants someone that tall. lol

If a man is 5 foot 9 inches tall, he is about average height in the United States. Meaning most men are around that height. Anything above 5 foot 9 inches tall is above average height.

My guess is 6 feet is a rounded off number, not really reality. Anything above 5 foot 9 inches is technically "tall and taller."
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I had always prefered tall men when I was dating, and I'm 5'7", so that could be hard to find sometimes. I wanted a man that if we were both standing, my head was even with his chest. In the end, it was my husband that won me over, and he's only 5'9". He's got way more to offer than just height, though.
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I really prefer men who are around 6'0'' but that's because I like feeling protected and when they're that much taller than me, I'm 5'3'', it's easier for me to feel that way. Also, I want my future children to have a shot at actually not being super short.

But that's not to say that I wouldn't go for a guy who's shorter than that. I think a lot of guys are really hot even when they're only about 5'9'' or even less