having trouble eating 1200 cals....

Options

Replies

• Deps
    Deps Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    As far as interpreting your response as sarcastic - I think it was due to the number of "..." which can come off as sarcastic sometimes. Moving on from that:

I used to have the exact same problem as you. Two major things helped.

1. Plan out all your major meals for the day and log in advance so you can clearly see how many calories extra you have to work with. From here you can add things to the meal to make it more or less calorie heavy. Ie. Today I want to make myself a chicken parma for dinner which is higher in calories than I am used to (Around 500 including sides) so I only added one egg to my veg. scramble for breakfast to even it out.

2. Unless you are a vegetarian, meat is your best friend. I was actually shocked when I bought some chicken breast schnitzel the other day to cook up and put through a salad to discover it is much higher in calories than I thought (140grams over 250 if I recall). This is not a BAD number of calories for healthy food but it took my by surprise.

On top of this, milk does help as does finding a treat or snack you like. I'm a fan of 'skinny cow' sundaes, (though not thrilled by the name). That's an extra 140 calories of a night. With that already logged you only need to make up roughly 350 calories for each meal. Chuck a piece of chicken and maybe some potatoes with dinner and you'll hit 400-450 fairly easily and the rest should be fairly easy.

Oh, I'm also a sucker for Danish Fetta on wraps and egg scramble 85 calories for 35 grams. It's a great alternative for healthy cheese but also an easy calorie edition.

Good luck!
  • chelle7870
    chelle7870 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Why would I ask for advice and then be nasty when I got the very advice I was seeking???? doesn't make sense......

I ask for suggestions and the first person kind enough to respond, to decide to rip him or be snarky???

not all people come from a bad place....:flowerforyou:
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    A fair amount of my meals are almost double, even close to triple 1200 calories.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I didn't know using ellipses comes off as sarcastic.

Huh.....learn something new everyday.....
  • Thantanos
    Thantanos Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You are lucky my friend to not be hungry and maintain your diet.
    I had to try many diets to finally hit the nail on the head.
    Currently I am on the 3 cheeseburger diet lol.
    I get to eat 3 a day, it gives me just the right touch of protein, carbs and taste to loose safe weight and stay sane.
    I also cheat once per week lol.
  • Unruly_Girl
    Options
    Why would I ask for advice and then be nasty when I got the very advice I was seeking???? doesn't make sense......

I ask for suggestions and the first person kind enough to respond, to decide to rip him or be snarky???

not all people come from a bad place....:flowerforyou:

Haha, this is true, but I've definitely seen cases before where a person did just that (being snarky on purpose after getting an answer), because maybe it wasn't an answer they wanted to hear.

Just some info on how us weirdos can read into things. :glasses:
  • Unruly_Girl
    Options

Is your icon from Wonder Showzen, or Adventuretime? (Sorry to hijack thread)
  • chelle7870
    Options
    cheeseburger diet sounds really awesome!!! i love cheeseburgers with a fried egg on it. I do turkey burgers..
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that to. It's very hard for me to consume 1200 calories a day now, and I am eating healthy. The more weight I lose, I feel full with less. I assume it's because my stomach has shrunk along with my size?

I am not going to eat unless I am hungry, and I feel great, so I am not going to push that button, if I can help it. I still go over some days, but not too often.
  • alodiaa
    alodiaa Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same! I struggle to net more than 600kcals daily unless I really stuff myself and don't exercise, whereas I could easily demolish a pizza and a few desserts were I not trying to lose weight. It's like the more I work out the less I want to eat at all.
  • BlueButterfly94
    BlueButterfly94 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Instead of eating more, maybe you could try eating things that are more calorie dense?

For example, go ahead and use the extra condiments, or have a bit more meat on your plate, or substitute a meal's water with something richer, like milk or whathaveyou.

Small changes can help. And eating healthy doesn't mean you have to cut out every single little possible (in)significant unhealthy thing. Just moderation.
    >.< thanks
  • chelle7870
    Options
    PEOPLE.... LET'S MOVE ON..... I'VE ACCEPTED THE APOLOGY..... C'MON,SERIOUSLY.... LET'S RISE ABOVE THIS MINOR DISCREPANCY.....
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

As an expert in ellipses, I am 99.44% certain that this belief that an ellipsis indicates sarcasm is entirely bogus.
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options

As an expert in ellipses, I am 99.44% certain that this belief that an ellipsis indicates sarcasm is entirely bogus.

I had to google ellipses! Turns out I use them. Oh no! I was being sarcastic all those times???!!!
  • suesiren3
    suesiren3 Posts: 3
    Options
    I started drinking protein drinks once or twice a day in between meals and my snacks are all healthy (small) but add the calories on. That's the only way I can get 1200 calories down in a day.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    PEOPLE.... LET'S MOVE ON..... I'VE ACCEPTED THE APOLOGY..... C'MON,SERIOUSLY.... LET'S RISE ABOVE THIS MINOR DISCREPANCY.....

So don't feed it :wink:
  • Emmaa233
    Emmaa233 Posts: 12
    Options
    You will and can do it in a healthy way however you have to monitor what you are taking in along with that calorie goal. You have to make sure you are not starving your body of the nutrients it needs while you are doing this dieting. I would suggest cutting down calories gradually as if you go to 1200 right away you might lose a lot of weight quickly but then you will plateau and have no where to go but back up in calories. I would suggest cutting down to about 1800 at first, and just working out more and see if that helps you. That way you're not putting your body into any kind of shock or anything of that nature by making it stop what it's used to.
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    true story about the cooks.. was at an all u can eat shrimp and i kept saying "MORE"!!!! they came out and looked at me thru the plants.....

ROFL!!!!!!!! LOL'D Wow that is awesome-You have good stories I bet you do:laugh:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

I'm stunned.... and hurt by that angry response..
    Roids will do that to ya

Laughssssssssssss