One Year Of Cold Showers

Options
13»

Replies

• Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Yes, but for a COMPLETELY different reason. 6 months running.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    My son, an ex football player swears by this...except it's a cold bath. I can't do the bath cause I have to put my Hinee in it. :blushing:
    It's very soothing for sore muscles/ body however.
    I do the cold showers though. I find that hot showers and baths make the soreness worse.
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I don't anymore except when I want my skin to glow (pores close) and hair to shine or am in need to rejuvenate. Yes a cold shower will revive your energy and mentality as well! I don't go on the coldest right away so I move the shower knob over by an inch and slowly adjust and with in a minute Im already on the coldest water temperature- I wanted to try the Polar Bear swim where people go swimming in the winter -yeah. I will pass as when I was taking them cold showers it was for a year and I stopped.

I try to end on cold because of the pore thing. It does make a difference. It makes my skin feel less dry and less itchy especially in winter. But a completely cold shower....no.

The only time I've ever wanted a cold cold shower was in Aruba. The water doesn't get cold because the water pipes are too close the surface and so the water is always warm/hot.
  • bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I usually have cold showers -- or at least luke warm at most. If I want heat and steam I take a bath.

Cold showers make me feel more refreshed, are good for my skin, and make my hair shinier. Also I get a mad clean leg shave if I take a cold shower.
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    For 2 weeks I took ice cold showers at a festival in the desert... it was awful.

I do like to take cool showers, luke warm, a tad cooler sometimes.