Honestly? I give up.

Options
13»

Replies

• justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Agree with the break! Honestly, chances are you've got a better handle on what portion sizes need to be than you fear - you're probably not going to do much damage if you take a couple weeks off and just eat what "looks normal." Also consider playing around with the foods you eat to try to find maximum satiety. I was about ready to throw in the towel a few weeks ago because I was ravenous ALL the time! Then my trainer switched up my macros a little and even though he he lowered my overall calorie intake just giving me permission to eat some extra carbs made all the difference. Adding a little rice and quinoa to my meals filled up that gnawing hunger. So maybe play around and see if you can find what it is you're missing? Maybe it's more protein. Maybe try tossing in some extra healthy fats. Maybe add back some carbs. Just an idea. Congrats on the weight loss so far! And as someone who has battled eating disorders for years - way to go figuring out that thin does not always mean happy - as long as you're healthy, be whatever makes you happy :)
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I agree with the advice on taking a break & maintaining for awhile. I haven't lost nearly as much as you have, I've only lost 20lbs but have already found myself struggling. At first I was ashamed and SO frustrated, but then I realized that keeping up with MFP & maintaining was still something to be proud of - something that I probably couldn't have done before I started on this journey. It's encouraging to know that you've succeeded before & can succeed again sometime in the future, when you're ready. :]
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I got tired of it all too and so I switched to maintenance mode. I've been in maintenance since March and I started concentrating on working out. I started weight lifting and I absolutely love it. I haven't gained a pound nor lost a pound since March and that was fine by me.

It's okay to take a break. In fact, I think its good to take a break. I liked being able to eat those extra calories.

So take some time off for awhile then come back and reevaluate.
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to the maintenance phase of calorie counting, like you said OP, its probably really annoying to do it every single day of your life. Especially if your happy with your current weight now. I honestly can't see myself daily counting EVERYTHING. Surely after a year, you learn to eat the right portions and it becomes like 2nd nature. Especially if your weight training, its harder to gain weight anyway...
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I
    1. Reject the Diet Mentality
    2. Honor Your Hunger
    3. Make Peace with Food
    4. Challenge the Food Police
    5. Respect Your Fullness
    6. Discover the Satisfaction Factor
    7. Honor Your Feelings Without Using Food
    8. Respect Your Body
    9. Exercise
    10 Honor Your Health

Hope that helps!

These are perfect. I'm there now, but it took some work to get here.
  • marissadanielle2
    Options
    I did that. I gave up on calorie counting several months ago and just ate what I wanted. I was sick of tediously and obsessively counting, and just wanted to eat freely. Some weight came back on, and I feel like **** because of it. I wish I'd stuck with it, because I could have been so much greater now If I had. Please rethink this, and consider how you will feel in the future if you completely give up.
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Is it calculating calories or being hungry that makes you want to give up? If it is because of hunger, how about calculating your TDEE and just eat a little less than this number? Let's say your TDEE is 2500, just eating 2400 everyday will still technically give you a 10-12 pounds weight loss at the end of the year, without much struggles because less hungry. If it is the calculating that is driving you crazy, then... Hmm, no solution for you.
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Nice. Read OPs posts since joining 7-11. Really? Sound the troll alarm :huh:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Not me. I'm going to keep struggling to get where I want to be no matter how long it takes me.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

cone-of-shame-dog-funny-pictures-lol.gif

I missed that.

And OP deactivated.
  • ShannonS921
    ShannonS921 Posts: 194
    Options

cone-of-shame-dog-funny-pictures-lol.gif

I missed that.

And OP deactivated.

Well *kitten*.