Hedging a late night snack--Should I or shouldn't I?

Options
2»

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Meal timing is irrelevant for weight loss. Eat the snack. Especially if you're under your calories for the day,
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I eat right up until bedtime if I'm hungry and I have the calories. A little snack in my stomach actually helps me sleep. Some people get heartburn or reflux and have troubles sleeping if they eat too close to bedtime. If you're one of them, then avoid doing that. Otherwise, eat up! :drinker:
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Because your metabolism slows down or are you being sarcastic?

Are you being sarcastic because eating before bed has zero relevance to weight loss. I've lost 53 lbs eating the bulk of my calories right before bed.

Hey Im actually being sincere here and you should have sensed that-Im not good at sensing sarcasm all the time but I can admit that! :grumble:
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Because your metabolism slows down or are you being sarcastic?

No, not being sarcastic at all and no, your metabolism does not slow down just like it will not jump start with a breakfast or will increase with 6 small a day.

Eating carbs at night is as good as eating carbs during the day.

This is not bro science or any type of mystical thing that happens to elite people only - it is 100% pure and founded science.

OK thanx and I will have to research-I don't like going to bed on full stomach and I never eat before bedtime so either way then it works for me even though I am allowed to eat before bed time... so thanx to everyone for helping out and to one who just made it awkward. I don't know how I sounded sarcastic-I was just really wondering but shoot me for asking I guess huh?