Best in home workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• Tmoseley2
    Tmoseley2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    T25 and P90X3 are great workouts.
    T25 is high cardio at 25 minutes per workout.
    P90X3 has a mixture of cardio and strength training at 30 minutes per workout.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    If you have access to a range of dumbbells then my best suggestion would be Rushfit. It has 3 different schedules you can follow depending on your current fitness level, and when you follow the beginner schedule, it removes the only high impact workout from the rotation. I think that for most people it's the best option out there. Not as time consuming as P90X (only 45 minutes a day), lower impact (only one high impact workout in the rotation, and that's only if you follow the intermediate/advanced schedule), and you don't need as high of a range of weights as with many other programs.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    ive gotta recommend power90, the prequel to the p90x series.

it is for beginners. i am on day 27. It has been amazing thus far.

you should read up on it a bit if you are looking to challenge yourself for 40 minutes a day.

best of luck.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    ive gotta recommend power90, the prequel to the p90x series.

it is for beginners. i am on day 27. It has been amazing thus far.

you should read up on it a bit if you are looking to challenge yourself for 40 minutes a day.

best of luck.

Power 90 is a solid choice too. And it deserves mentioning that out of all of the programs out there that CLAIM you can substitute resistance bands in place of dumbbells, Power 90 is the only one (out of all the ones I've tried, which include P90X, X2, X3, and ChaLEAN Extreme) where you really can do it without giving much up in terms of effectiveness.
  • PapaChanoli
    PapaChanoli Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    DDP yoga, "it ain't your mama's yoga" doesn't get the traction or notice I think it deserves. It will make your heart rate skyrocket so well that you have to slow down, and by the time I'd been doing it a few days I felt like I'd been to the chiropractor after each workout because the stretching would have my spine cracked from head to butt. Plus it's zero impact and combines strength training with cardio.

Awesome stuff. Not free, but not too expensive I wish it had caught on and become a trend. I believe the only reason it's not well known was that it lacked the marketing which some of the big programs have done.

YouTube has some videos and really good testimonies. Search DDPYoga