Show us your disgusting legs

Options
jnichel
jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
Feeling totally inadequate by the beautiful kneecaps in baba_helly's thread, I wanted to do something to make us hideous people feel normal. Without any further ado, here is my disgusting leg with a staph infection that was I was hospitalized for.....

RzYLwIW.jpg

Replies

• DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    No.
  • jnichel
    Options
    No.

I'm pretty sure that reply is Trademarked by someone else. :laugh:
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Man, I bet that was YouTube worthy when they lanced it.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    1gzWgCg.gif
  • jorasims
    jorasims Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    1gzWgCg.gif

This....:noway:
  • jnichel
    Options
    Man, I bet that was YouTube worthy when they lanced it.

That was after three bags of Vancomycin via a PIC line. Oral antibiotics the week before didn't put a dent in it. I refrained from posting the 'ooozing' pictures. :bigsmile:
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Well darlin.. You just saved me some calories since I was about to eat my breakfast.
  • jnichel
    Options
    Also, link to baba's kneecap is needed. For science.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1354470-show-me-your-kneecaps
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    ugh... disgusting has more than one meaning.

disclaimer - disgusting plz. :flowerforyou:
  • attackhamster
    attackhamster Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yikes!!!

One of my legs swelled up really bad when I got a blood clot in it (thanks hormonal birth control), but I don't have any pictures of it. But it was pretty gross looking
  • jnichel
    Options
    Yikes!!!

One of my legs swelled up really bad when I got a blood clot in it (thanks hormonal birth control), but I don't have any pictures of it. But it was pretty gross looking

That's okay, we'll welcome you into the disgusting legs group. :wink:
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    So gutted that I don't have my old pre digital pics handy. Had a great one of a 6 inch pin that worked its way out of my hip bone and stuck out the bottom of my scar, half way down my thigh. Doc tried to say it was just an infected stitch and kept sending me home until it finally pushed through. I was with my child minder at the time and I remember her trying to pull it out which would never have worked as they have big nuts screwed on the end lol
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

I am interested in what the other definitions of disgusting are that you need a disclaimer other than "disgusting".
  • jnichel
    Options

I am interested in what the other definitions of disgusting are that you need a disclaimer other than "disgusting".

I'm guessing that some unnatural mixture of condiments are involved.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    This takes me back.

I actually had MRSA in the same spot (as in your picture)

It was scary. I was hospitalized for 5 days, and almost lost my leg from the knee down.

I had to have a pic line for 3 weeks...and I felt so sick the whole time.

They could not close the wound either, and the home nurse visits were a nightmare with the pain.

Anyhoo, hope you are better...fortunately I recovered.

Here is the scar.

f8055b32-ccb6-4ce7-8b30-ee6ec81190f5_zps48adacdf.jpg
  • jnichel
    Options
    This takes me back.

It was scary. I was hospitalized for 5 days, and almost lost my leg from the knee down.

They could not close the wound either, and the home nurse visits were a nightmare with the pain.

Here is the scar.

Yeah, all good now....well, the leg is. The mental and behavior issues are a whole 'nother story. My hospital stay was only 3 days, and the doctor didn't tell me until after it cleared up that they were two more treatments of Vancomycin away from removing the leg from the knee down.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    1607bz4.jpg

SO you can't really tell in this photo but I have lots of scars on my legs ranging from stretch marks, to clumsy scars, to stupid scars. I wouldn't wear shorts for the longest time but I don't care anymore. lol. Maybe it's a part of growing up but I care not if people find my legs sexy. My knees and ankles are weird and don't match (due to the amount of times that I have fallen/sprained/twisted my legs/knees).

Sidenote: I hope you get to feeling better! That sounds like a terrifying ordeal to be hospitalized for staph.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    This takes me back.

Here is the scar.

Yeah, all good now....well, the leg is. The mental and behavior issues are a whole 'nother story. My hospital stay was only 3 days, and the doctor didn't tell me until after it cleared up that they were two more treatments of Vancomycin away from removing the leg from the knee down.
    i heard them talking about it through whatever haze I was in from all the meds. I guess they thought I was asleep.

I started panicking and they called psych in.

Jerks.

That vancomycin was some strong nasty stuff.