Gym Horror Stories

Options
2»

Replies

• elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    There is a woman at my gym who uses the hand dryers installed on the wall to dry herself... the part of herself that is only reached by standing with her back to the dryer, pulling out the back of her underwear and letting the air flow through. Makes me shake my head and laugh every time.
  • kamjams
    Options
    I had a free personal training session at my gym. I walk in, and the guy says, "So your goal is to lose weight, right?" Maybe that isn't the best opener. Jump to me crying for several hours.
  • Laroeamy
    Laroeamy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes people you are training think you have the magic pill. It's very frustrating as a trainer to get people to understand that the easy part is the exercise. It all comes down to calories in and calories out.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    In my 12 years of training clients in gyms, I could write a book filled with all the crap I've seen through the years.

- The guy with the Roid Rage who smashed a glass door duting an altercation but who's membership was never revolked
    - The guy who does one set of 4 reps on a machine, leaves his weights there and spends 15 minutes chatting up the girl at the health bar, until you show up with your client and he runs over with "Hey..I'm on that still"
    - The girl who complains that she can't lose weight but goes out partying every weekend with several drinks per night (all empty calories) and doesn't see this as a problem.
    - The trainer who was a supposed former Mr Canada who charged people $200/hr to work out with him thinking they'd get the same results just by following him around (Genetically impossible of course since he was about 5' 3" with a stocky physique and the people training with him all looked like runners out of the Boston marathon.)

I think the best I've seen was one older guy who used the claim that he worked with Arnold Schwartzegger back in the day and he's even referenced in his "Big Book of Bodybuilding". He had all kinds of clients coming to him for traininig help.

One day I was in the bookstore and actually looked it up. Sure enough...he was indeed in there. As a PHOTOGRAPHER!
    well, at least he wasn't a liar...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Here's one for you: this old guy comes into the gym with his wife when I go, except, sometimes the woman he's having an AFFAIR WITH is there also and the wife and her go at it screaming at each other. What a douche bag that guy is (and the women are BOTH stupid for staying with him). Gah. Personal **** in gyms.. hate it.

do you go to my gym?????
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    bump.
    LOVE these!
  • fxgs
    fxgs Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It was the typical fart you would think would come from an old person, very tight and high pitch.

Curious.................what are young people farts like?
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    One gym I go to only costs 10 bucks per month and has a tiny locker room (what do you expect for 10 bucks a month?). There is this moron there who gets mad whenever I'm in "his spot" of the locker room. He asks me why I can't just change before I come to the gym, or says that I must "respect that there is a certain crew at a certain time." I usually laugh at him, what an idiot.