What's a good body/look for men and advice? (cont)

Options
isamann
isamann Posts: 16 Member
(Continued from http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1355407-what-s-a-good-male-body-type-look)

I figured out how to post an image, I think. I have a few questions.

1) I've been skinny all my life, how do I overcome my genetics and gain weight in a healthy way? I don't want to get super fat or be like a bodybuilder (I don't have the time to be super ripped), I just not be stick thin anymore. What's a sustainable body type?

2) Males: from picture A to H, what's your fitness body type goal (one that you'd like to be most like)?

and...females: which pic(s) do you think is most appealing?

87a8774f-672e-4706-8dca-b22bd9e54882_zpsf8788842.jpg

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    my goal body is the one ill have next week.

seriously, setting a goal body is setting yourself up for failure, or a case of body dismorphia.

but check out the gaining weight forum for info on how to gain weight. all you really need is a calorie surplus and a good exercise regime.

as for the sustainable body type, that depends on too many factors, like genetics, resources available, and how hard you are willing to work on a day to day basis for it
  • formerfatboy1
    formerfatboy1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I set weekly goals and kill them then move to the next goal. All of my goals are small goals Nothing to crazy like bodybuilder type. You are going to gain muscle and loose fat depending on your nutrition. I just Keep pushing day in and day out and Keep gaining. 30 months and counting for this Guy and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. It's a lifestyle change. How I look ten years from now will all depend on all the hard work I put in. getting fit takes time so set small goals and destroy them.
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'd start counting your calories and creeping up on your calories until you start to gain some weight. Definitely hit the weights a few times per week so that your body thinks you need more muscle.

I'm probably moviing towards the A body type...muscular but not huge or scary and 10% body fat. But like the above said, set realistic short term goals that you can reach rather than a far out dream that will be hard to stay motivated for.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    (Continued from http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1355407-what-s-a-good-male-body-type-look)

1) I've been skinny all my life, how do I overcome my genetics and gain weight in a healthy way? I don't want to get super fat or be like a bodybuilder (I don't have the time to be super ripped), I just not be stick thin anymore. What's a sustainable body type?

2) Males: from picture A to H, what's your fitness body type goal (one that you'd like to be most like)?

Females cannot accurately answer this question until the also see their bank account.....
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Be the body you have. If you want to be bigger, eat more. If you want to be stronger, lift hard.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Which of them loads the dishwasher and ACTUALLY TURNS IT ON?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I want the one that will pet me and tell me I'm pretty
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I want the one that will pet me and tell me I'm pretty

Hi
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    depends on if he rides an I4 or a Vtwin.

also the one who wakes up and makes me breakfast on his weekend when I still have to get up and go to work.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Wait, what do you mean you "don't have time to get super ripped"? Are you in a race? When's the deadline? What's the deadline FOR, exactly? If looking ripped is not your goal, ok fine. But fitness is a lifelong thing, and even if you overcome your genetics to achieve the body you want, you are going to have to invest a lot if TIME to maintain it. Don't think this is some sprint to the finish line. It will be a lot if work, and it will continue to be a lot of work.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Wait, what do you mean you "don't have time to get super ripped"? Are you in a race? When's the deadline? What's the deadline FOR, exactly? If looking ripped is not your goal, ok fine. But fitness is a lifelong thing, and even if you overcome your genetics to achieve the body you want, you are going to have to invest a lot if TIME to maintain it. Don't think this is some sprint to the finish line. It will be a lot if work, and it will continue to be a lot of work.

ssshhhhesss don't tell them that- you're letting everyone on to all our secrets!!!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Hi

How_you_doin'.gif
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options
    But to answer your question, I prefer something between G and H, though my husband is closer to F. (He's working on it. :smile: )
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options

ssshhhhesss don't tell them that- you're letting everyone on to all our secrets!!!

sorry.gif
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    B,G, and H appeal to (most) women.

Bulkier muscles impress other men but are just "meh" to women.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    1) I've been skinny all my life, how do I overcome my genetics and gain weight in a healthy way? I don't want to get super fat or be like a bodybuilder (I don't have the time to be super ripped), I just not be stick thin anymore.

Good. It doesn't happen by accident anyway.

In 4 excuses tho.
  • jdietdiary
    Options
    B-C is great. Honestly, body builder bodies are a bit too much...Aim for lean, eat protein & workout.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I don't want to get super fat or be like a bodybuilder (I don't have the time to be super ripped), I just not be stick thin anymore. What's a sustainable body type?

If you don't want to be like a bodybuilder than just don't devote 5+ years to trying hard to get big (or avoid steroids). Being a bodybuilder takes lots and lots of time. You won't accidentally become a bodybuilder.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    They're men....all of them are appealing.

:devil: