What's a good body/look for men and advice? (cont)

Options

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    B,G, and H appeal to (most) women.

Bulkier muscles impress other men but are just "meh" to women.

As a bodybuilder I fully appreciate the work that it took a man to develop larger muscles (although I date men of all body types). You may prefer certain types, but you can't speak for all women.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I want the one that will pet me and tell me I'm pretty

#1 answer....dingdingdingding
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I'm going for this: OfJ9Ims.jpg

tumblr_lqpt6cBYVe1r0ojhto1_400.gif
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I like B or H... There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a goal or image in your mind as to what you want to achieve... That being said you aren't the same, so expect some deviations... Chyna Cho is my "goal" type. I'm short with narrow hips so we have a similar structure, but I'm 40 with 2 kids and saggy skin from being heavy. I will never get that tight 20 something body, but it gives me an idea of what areas I'd like to build and such...

Good luck!
  • ValGogo
    Options
    Wait, what do you mean you "don't have time to get super ripped"? Are you in a race? When's the deadline? What's the deadline FOR, exactly? If looking ripped is not your goal, ok fine. But fitness is a lifelong thing, and even if you overcome your genetics to achieve the body you want, you are going to have to invest a lot if TIME to maintain it. Don't think this is some sprint to the finish line. It will be a lot if work, and it will continue to be a lot of work.

ssshhhhesss don't tell them that- you're letting everyone on to all our secrets!!!

sorry.gif

[img]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/3178432/hug-it-out-o.gif[/img OK, hug it out....[/img]
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I think most women have a broad range of types they find attractive. E would be a bit too boyish for most women. For D we would frankly be a bit too concerned about our man finding time to work out this much and have time for other things (if you know what I mean :blushing: )
  • ValGogo
    Options
    Wait, what do you mean you "don't have time to get super ripped"? Are you in a race? When's the deadline? What's the deadline FOR, exactly? If looking ripped is not your goal, ok fine. But fitness is a lifelong thing, and even if you overcome your genetics to achieve the body you want, you are going to have to invest a lot if TIME to maintain it. Don't think this is some sprint to the finish line. It will be a lot if work, and it will continue to be a lot of work.

ssshhhhesss don't tell them that- you're letting everyone on to all our secrets!!!

sorry.gif

[img]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/3178432/hug-it-out-o.gif[/img OK, hug it out....[/img]

lets try this again - hug it out
    hug-it-out-o.gif
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

sorry.gif

lets try this again - hug it out
    hug-it-out-o.gif

step-brothers-hug-o.gif
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    sad jo is sad at work b/c I see no pictures and gifs

cry cry cry
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Out of them all, I would say G is the most attractive body type to me.
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Pretty happy with myself...don't really want to look like anyone else. But if I had to pick I'd say Chris Hemsworth in Thor is my ultimate goal.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    (Continued from http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1355407-what-s-a-good-male-body-type-look)

I figured out how to post an image, I think. I have a few questions.

1) I've been skinny all my life, how do I overcome my genetics and gain weight in a healthy way? I don't want to get super fat or be like a bodybuilder (I don't have the time to be super ripped), I just not be stick thin anymore. What's a sustainable body type?

2) Males: from picture A to H, what's your fitness body type goal (one that you'd like to be most like)?

and...females: which pic(s) do you think is most appealing?

87a8774f-672e-4706-8dca-b22bd9e54882_zpsf8788842.jpg

I like "C"...just wish his fake smile didn't make it look like he's holding in last nights burrito....so yeah cut off his head and he's good. Headless torsos forevah!!!!!!
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I like H. :)
  • WhoIsAmber
    WhoIsAmber Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    (Continued from http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1355407-what-s-a-good-male-body-type-look)

I figured out how to post an image, I think. I have a few questions.

1) I've been skinny all my life, how do I overcome my genetics and gain weight in a healthy way? I don't want to get super fat or be like a bodybuilder (I don't have the time to be super ripped), I just not be stick thin anymore. What's a sustainable body type?

2) Males: from picture A to H, what's your fitness body type goal (one that you'd like to be most like)?

and...females: which pic(s) do you think is most appealing?

87a8774f-672e-4706-8dca-b22bd9e54882_zpsf8788842.jpg
    I like that one in the middle.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    If we're going by body-type only, I have better muscle tone (as a 40 year old woman) then all of them except for A & D. Do these bros even lift? Or eat?

IMO this is the perfect male body type:

greg-plitt.jpg
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    D no homo
  • rainman76
    rainman76 Posts: 3
    Options
    My wife liked this response....

The one about the dishwasher and Turning her on....

I laughed and told her it sucks to be you!!!!!

Actually seriously, you need to increase protein and calories. Working out consistently. Those are what did it for me, as well as metabolism slowing down in my 30's. Now I am trying to just be cut, but keeping my weight to a degree. ( I want 185-190) at 200 now.
  • isamann
    isamann Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.

What I meant about not having the time to get super ripped is, I don't want to be one of those people who has to spend 2-3 hours in the gym every day. That's too much. I think 1 hour per day is reasonable and manageable as long as I use my time effectively (right?), I really do like to move and exercise but I'm not going to 'live in a gym.'

It seems I have to control my diet a bit more though. Right now, I'm probably more of a picture E and I'm thinking that's a little too skinny, in fact I'm probably skinnier than picture E...I guess not wanting to be super ripped would be like picture D, I don't want to look like that. I can appreciate and respect people who manage to be like pic D but for me, I don't have the time, drive, or desire to get that look.

I will set small realistic goals then. What are some good home exercises to do that will try to give you a well rounded workout? Or should I focus on just a few muscle groups a day. My friend has T25, and he said it’s worked for him.
  • isamann
    isamann Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If we're going by body-type only, I have better muscle tone (as a 40 year old woman) then all of them except for A & D. Do these bros even lift? Or eat?

IMO this is the perfect male body type:

greg-plitt.jpg

That guy is obviously very strong, but I think that that pic would not be my own personal goal. Something a little less, and doable. With my genetics, I don't think this is a sustainable goal.