Any other divorce/break-up weight loss successes???

Options
I'm going through a divorce and I haven't been this on track EVER!! Anyone else having focused success changing their lives after a break-up?

This is truly the happiest I've been in a really, really long time!

Bye_bye_bye.gif

Replies

• jakesgirl05
    Options
    When I broke up with my fiancé years ago I lost all the weight and was in amazing shape! It awesome! Keep up the great work!! I am now married and I need to lose weight after health issues. It's an awesome success lady!!
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you're talking about! EXACTLY.
    I left my boyfriend of four years a few weeks ago. And, even though this is hard as hell, the ME part of everything is on the right track. Food, exercise and mindset are better than ever.
    Go girl!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 3 stone. Unfortunately it was mostly because I stopped eating! Then I got into doing it properly and am now in a reasonably good place.
    Trouble is, as I get happier I eat more! So I just keep plugging away now.
    If that lying, cheating b****rd looks at me now and wishes he had held on to me then GOOD.
    His loss.
    :laugh:
  • Jaygee13
    Jaygee13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yep! My boyfriend of seven years broke up with me last month and I have never lost so much weight before! Granted my appetite isn't brilliant and that's a contributing factor but I definitely want to keep on going with the weight loss. I've lost 11lbs so far and although it might not be much compared to what I need to lose, it's a start and I feel great from it :)

I think a massive routine shake up really helps!
  • Alice_in_VVonderland
    Alice_in_VVonderland Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My fiancé of 3 years left me December of 2012 (turned out to be the best Xmas present ever).

I've since accomplished the following:

*Quit smoking tobacco
    *Quit diet soda (was drinking this all day; every day - now occasionally drink a Zevia)
    *Quit coffee (turns out this was a major contributor to my anxiety attacks - still occasionally have a cup or something fancy at the coffee shop once a month)
    *I've been eating much healthier (no more fast food every day - yeah, I was sick all the time because this was all we ate)
    *I've lost 22 pounds
    *I'm finally starting to get my business off the ground, and have had features on Cosmopolitan (their website, not their magazine) and Buzzfeed
    *My anxiety has eased up significantly
    *My blood sugars are under better control
  • Fat2Fit2Fineee
    Options
    I know exactly what you're talking about! EXACTLY.
    I left my boyfriend of four years a few weeks ago. And, even though this is hard as hell, the ME part of everything is on the right track. Food, exercise and mindset are better than ever.
    Go girl!

YES!! Keep going too!
  • Fat2Fit2Fineee
    Options
    My fiancé of 3 years left me December of 2012 (turned out to be the best Xmas present ever).

I've since accomplished the following:

*Quit smoking tobacco
    *Quit diet soda (was drinking this all day; every day - now occasionally drink a Zevia)
    *Quit coffee (turns out this was a major contributor to my anxiety attacks - still occasionally have a cup or something fancy at the coffee shop once a month)
    *I've been eating much healthier (no more fast food every day - yeah, I was sick all the time because this was all we ate)
    *I've lost 22 pounds
    *I'm finally starting to get my business off the ground, and have had features on Cosmopolitan (their website, not their magazine) and Buzzfeed
    *My anxiety has eased up significantly
    *My blood sugars are under better control

That's awesome!! Sometimes break ups are the best gifts they ever gave us. I understand all that. Not only did my health get back on track too but also anxiety, depression, etc. all those things eased up too. Good for you girl and good luck on your business!!!
  • 4my2jays
    4my2jays Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I totally feel where you are coming from as when I first separated from my ex, I lost about 60lbs in 6-7 months and it felt darn good. That was almost 3 years ago, I am still maintaining about 50 of those pounds lost. I have gained lots of muscle, confidence, focus and other things the scale can't measure. My divorce was the best thing that ever happened to my health. It was a struggle but it was worth it.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    My life went on an upward swing following my divorce. The depression, self-loathing, anxiety etc all ceased. I'm so much stronger than I ever was. I'm happier and healthier.

It's been 3 years since my divorce, so I'll admit, i'm hitting lonely now.....but I'm still so focused on my fitness goals, advancing my career and graduating from school, as well as raising our 2 children that he also pretty well "divorced". I'm headed in the right direction :)
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    #duplicate
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Yes, one day, I woke up and realized I was in a horrible relationship. I realized I was very depressed, and my (then girlfriend) had everything to do with it. I decided what I wanted out of my life. I kicked that girl to the curb, and started working on myself. Lost over a hundred pounds. I'm not exactly where I want to be yet with my weight loss goals, but leaving her, and working on myself, was the best thing I ever did for my life and happiness.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I don't have any divorce in my life but you are all doing great! Congratulations!

Meg
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I am with you, I too am going through a divorce after 10 years of marriage and am now also a single mom to 3 kids of which I have had for the past year to myself as he is in CA and kids and I are in NC and he's a total tool and could care less about the kids which is just sad and pathetic ...ANYWAY it did kick me into high gear with just wanting to get myself to a healthy weight and being more energized not only for me but for my kids as well, plus a little bonus will be me looking my best and making him regret walking out on us! Feel free to friend me!
  • Eleana14
    Eleana14 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    YESS!
    My boyfriend of 5 years left me in November, (Well, I kind of left him, after discovering all my fears were justified, he WAS notoriously cheating on me)
    After the initial confusion and depression I picked myself up off the floor, and I have now lost 66 pounds, and have a new lease on life. Feel SO good, and am so immensely relieved to have my life back, in every way.

Life is strange.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Add me to the club. Just celebrated the 2 year anniversary of my divorce. After 18 years of marriage, he left for a younger, heftier model, with three kids of her own.
    I in turn quit smoking, and took to cooking as one of the bonding activities with my teenage daughter.
    Then I lost my job, after 9 years invested in the company.
    After 8 months of unemployment, got a new job, and started packing on the pounds - once the clothing would not fit, decided to join MFP and nip this in the bud.
    Lost 16 pounds in the past 7 months.

And I could not be happier. No more passive aggressive snarkiness in my home.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Welp, I started this process married, lost most of the weight, and a year and a half later I'm getting divorced.

So, kinda?
  • ineedalifetbh
    ineedalifetbh Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I had a bad break up in March was focusing all my negative energy into working out, dropped about 6lbs within 2 weeks before I hit a brick wall and had to stop exercising due to being in hospital and gained all the weight back but giving the clear to exercise again and I'm now 1lb away from where I stopped! :)
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I was heartsick/heartbroken when my husband left me. I lost nearly 30 lbs going from 156 (slightly over weight BMI) to 126 which had me looking skeletal and sick. My hair fell out in handfuls and I was, well, sick. Eventually, the right medication helped me get on track and I was able to maintain a healthy weight for my build. (126 at my height looks good on many people, but I had numerous friends concerned by my appearance.)

Then I found a new love, and got fat & happy. Took some time before the fat made me unhappy. Now I'm my healthiest yet in body, soul & in my marriage!!!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I'm going through a divorce and I haven't been this on track EVER!! Anyone else having focused success changing their lives after a break-up?

This is truly the happiest I've been in a really, really long time!

Bye_bye_bye.gif

Been there and done that, sorry to hear you have to go through it.

Short term, you can use the divorce to motivate you to get in shape but at some point it has to be about wanting to make yourself better and not about making him jealous/sorry he left/etc.

Stay smart, eat right, and don't overtrain and you'll be fine. It really does feel like a weight off your shoulders when you finally sign the papers.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I have a friend IRL that went through a divorce she did not want. She lost lots and lost it fast. It was stress. When you drop weight too fast it shows, and not in the best way.................
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!