Dessert Every Night

Options
13»

Replies

• BirdGirlFit
    BirdGirlFit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way with fat! I am never satiated with foods that are labeled "low fat". They are usually full of sugar too.
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I make a cocoa fat bomb everyday
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Hell no to dessert every night. I am not a two cookies/half a cup of ice cream guy at all. And I don't want to be.
    Hell yes to limiting the days/nights I eat those sweet treats, but eating as much as I damn well please when I do.

Any plan that does not allow me plenty of protein and good quality fat is a deal breaker. Meat and vegetables form the base of my food pyramid, just the way I like it.

Being expected to eat 5-6 small meals a day is a deal breaker. That's a no, nope, neva. I prefer to eat less and enjoy full meals when I do.

A lifetime of calorie counting is a dealbreaker for me.
  • BirdGirlFit
    BirdGirlFit Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My deal breaker is having a list of restrictions. My diets all failed within less than a week until I started just eating whatever I want. If I'm not allowed to eat meat for example (and I HATE meat) I find myself craving it within a week.

This is me! So glad so many people can relate... :)
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    My deal breaker is artificial sweeteners. I don't judge people who use them, that's totally cool, but they mess with my vision or something. So if I thought I had to eat "diet" food (I'm thinking in particular of the very popular Hungry Girl food hacks, or the Weight Watchers frozen desserts) I'd never stick to it. I do have dessert every night, and I do eat full fat, real sugar ice creams and pastries. I just log and watch my portions.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am a dessert fan too. Growing up we had dessert with lunch AND dinner every day lol. So for most of my life I've thought something sweet had to follow any savory snack/meal.

Now I mix it up. Dessert on Tuesday night might be 1/2 banana with 1/2 tbsp. of hazelnut spread and dessert on Saturday may be a piece of cheesecake. Whatever fits well into my day.

ETA: I know for me personally I could never totally cut out a specific category of food, like people who don't eat bread. It would just make me want that thing more. As it is, I don't eat a diet that is heavy in carbs...but if I specifically set out to eliminate pasta, rice, bread...I'd crave fried rice for lunch and subs for dinner....every night.