weigh nude or clothed?

Options

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    so when your BMI scale says healthy
    unhealthy. its based on clothed or not?

Unless your naked weight puts you at a BMI right under the overweight number, clothes are unlikely to make it shift from healthy to overweight.

Example:
    naked weight this morning: 188.2 - BMI 32.3
    clothed weight (t-shirt and fuzzy pj pants): 190.2 - BMI 32.6
    The 2lb difference barely moved my BMI.
  • rubierosiiie
    Options
    I think most people will say nude and in the morning.. But I beg to differ because what does it lead to? Disappointment, when you've eaten and your wearing clothes and you're 2kg heavier :/ I try not to set myself up for that by always weighing end of the day and clothed normally, simply because if I saw that on the scale it'd be terribly demotivating.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I think most people will say nude and in the morning.. But I beg to differ because what does it lead to? Disappointment, when you've eaten and your wearing clothes and you're 2kg heavier :/

Once I've stepped on the scale in the morning, I don't step back on for the rest of the day. Thus I don't see the weight of my clothes, food, bloating, etc on the scale. So, if weight fluctuations bothered me, there would be no disappointment. I don't see the need to step on a scale more than once a day since too many things play into what weight shows up on the scale.
  • LadyArchangel
    LadyArchangel Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I always weigh myself in the morning nakey :blushing: that's what I've been doing this past year.

Plus before I go to the doctor I like to weigh myself right before I walk out the door, of course I'm usually 3-6lbs heavier from clothes and shoes, but still. It's expected.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I usually wear a tux when i step on the scale.

i like to feel as though i am attending at an important function and am the key note speaker.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Naked. I workout mornings before the sun rises. So, after my workout, and before showering, I'm just conveniently disrobed at that moment. And, it's a consistent habit for me.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    That depends. If you're weighing yourself in public; clothed is usually the socially accepted standard.

Hahaha! That's right, depends on where you are.. LOL
  • JoeCWV
    JoeCWV Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Naked, no matter where I am. Walmart asked me to buy my next scale elsewhere.
  • summer92008
    summer92008 Posts: 202
    Options
    I would weigh naked. That is how much YOU weigh, not YOU AND YOUR CLOTHES. This way, every time you weigh, you will know exactly how much you have gained or loss, and not have to worry if your shoes are adding weight, etc.
  • sheedy17
    sheedy17 Posts: 128
    Options
    naked, if i dont like the number, I then go and try to pee and weigh again
  • ingasmile2
    ingasmile2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Naked, after restroom, before eating, every Saturday or Sunday morning. Hubby enjoys the show!
  • crescentgaia
    crescentgaia Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bra and panties only.

^This. Sometimes I have socks on but sometimes not.
  • MelonJMusic
    MelonJMusic Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I do it nakey-nakey, and before breakfast. But you'll need to do it however you've been consistently doing it to make sure you have accurate numbers.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    Naked as a jaybird. Also, right after I wake up and pee!!!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I'm always naked
  • Dean649
    Dean649 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Butt Naked
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    butt nakey with cowboy boots on because texas
  • gelar93
    gelar93 Posts: 160
    Options
    Different clothes weigh differently so I try to weigh in my undies to get the most accurate number
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Nekked, first thing in the morning, every morning, after I pee.
  • GeordieGirl80s
    GeordieGirl80s Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I only wear 3 things when weighing myself at home - underwear (knickers), my fitbit flex & my glasses. I weigh myself as soon as I have finished attending to morning bathroom needs