does zumba really work?

Options
13»

Replies

• katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I love the dance workouts and they work, if you work them.
    My personal favorite is Jazzercise. When I walk into my Jazzercise it's like Norm walking into Cheers. Everybody knows my name.
    I credit Jazzercise with being a really big contributor to my 62 pound loss, (so far). Its not just exercising to music, its Dancing my heart out. :love:
  • Ianultrarunner
    Ianultrarunner Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    The reason you hear so much about Zumba is because it's cheap for the instructors. It doesn't seem a lot of effort goes into training to work the whole body but it's more for fun and a teacher trying to draw attention to themselves but I could be wrong.
    Give it a try but don't dismiss other types of classes such as Jazzercise which does Cardio and resistance training.
    Make sure you can get trial memberships which Jazzercise offers and see what you think is going to help get you to your goal the best.
  • tyoung4
    tyoung4 Posts: 30
    Options
    I am new to zumba and find the dances really hard. i feel like giving up because i cant do them.
    I am too! But I do the best I can and keep going because it is fun! I do my own versions.lol
  • shirl1119
    Options
    Hello everyone. I started zumba in January. I weighed 195 on January 12,2013. I do zumba 5 days a week and eat 6x's a day ( 3 meals and 3 snacks) as of today march 29, I weigh 158 lbs!!!! My body has toned and I feel great! What makes it so great is that your dancing . I have 19lb and I'm so excited ! I'll b at my goal weight in no time. Good luck!
  • my2kin04
    my2kin04 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    this is what i am doing, so far I've lost 20lbs with Zumba and abs and toning class. My local Y offers Zumba 4 days a week and abs and toning on the day zumba is off. They also have TRX and Tabata which are also GREAT. Weekends I lift weights and jog.