Scientific reasons why curves and breasts are attractive

Options
WanderingPomme
WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
Interesting read!

"Scientific reasons why curves (and breasts) are attractive to men"

http://www.jeraldinephneah.me/2014/04/scientific-reasons-why-curves-and.html?m=1

What do you think?

"Poorer men prefer larger breasts" made me LOL so... How many of you out there are broke?:laugh:

Replies

• kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Interesting study/article and definitely information that is uncommon. Men knew this before the science books came out that curvier women mean perfect for childbearing. Back than that was essential, now a days what is really important is to decipher the difference between healthy curves vs excess weight.
  • softncudly
    softncudly Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    It seems like #2 and #3 contradict each other...

"2) Sexist men prefer larger breasts"
    "3) Men who prefer smaller breasts are those who want a submissive partner"
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I came in to read this thread and got distracted by those GORGEOUS SHOES in your profile pic!!!
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I think they are both hot!

txx8h3d5tag179bcp1pf.jpg
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Marilyn Monroe is actually very tiny by today's standards. Look at her. She has a 22 inch waist.

I have found, from the difference of opinions that I encounter between real life and online, that people often misperceive what they think stats look like when they are talking online as compared to how they see people in real life (without knowing their stats).
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I guess my husband is and forever will be broke.

Note: re-check bank balance later
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I think they are both hot!

txx8h3d5tag179bcp1pf.jpg

I would rather bang a woman that's more similar to the woman on the right vs the woman on the left.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    A psychologist says dudes who like small boobs are submissive therefore it is true? Where are the studies to back some of these claims up? Just saying "studies show" is crap, cite the sources.
  • TarHiz
    TarHiz Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm not familiar with Dr. Fischoff work.
    The only research I know of on this topic investigates the -- approximate -- opposite.
    Specifically, that large-breasted women are preferred by sexist men, as they are perceived by this population as being more submissive (Swami and Tovée, 2013)

http://download.springer.com/static/pdf/57/art%3A10.1007%2Fs10508-013-0081-5.pdf?auth66=1405737377_50b54652335fe5a88e56324766b736c4&ext=.pdf
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    hilariously non scientific and leaving so many questions about the results. why even bother putting in 2 AND 3 as they contradict each other and basically show that the men they polled seem to be from a cross section of men who believe all women are submissive
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    hilariously non scientific and leaving so many questions about the results. why even bother putting in 2 AND 3 as they contradict each other and basically show that the men they polled seem to be from a cross section of men who believe all women are submissive

I agree. This is very unscientific.
  • airbearlover
    airbearlover Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I've heard scientists claim many theories as to why some men love curves. But all are theories aas to best of my knowledge.
    My favorite theory that seems plausible is that subconsciously men's brains lump women with strudy hips, busty, and with a higher hip to waist ratio into a group containing of reproductively sound. There is no logic in this. As men are not consiously thinking this and may actually still prefer women with small busts and thin. The theory works for me however because of the fact we still maintain some attributes, albeit underlying , of a more primitive brain and ways of thinking.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    My husband is a scientist and he loves my body. Hey, Science!! Just kidding. :wink: :laugh: ...Also I'm not submissive to a fault, I will play submissive if it is requested (request and it shall be granted).
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    hogwash.
    I'm rather large chested and prefer to be submissive sexually...so...instant hogwash on study for me
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Is this why I always end up with broke men with an undeserved sense of self entitlement? Time for a reduction! :laugh:
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    Is this why I always end up with broke men with an undeserved sense of self entitlement? Time for a reduction! :laugh:

probably.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options

probably.
    :happy:
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options

the-office-20.gif
  • Mahmoud_Shalaby
    Mahmoud_Shalaby Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Who said men likes it bigger? :) we always look for the right personality regardless of face or body.

I'm so going to hell for this. lying is a sin you know!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options

the-office-20.gif

Ok! No reduction. Lol.