How many meals do you eat per day?

Options
I've heard 6 small meals a day...3 meals a day with 1 snack...
How many meals do you eat?

Replies

• Naughty_ZOOT
    Naughty_ZOOT Posts: 4,311 Member
    Options
    3 per day, no snacks (don't want any) and I eat between noon and 7 pm.
    It works very well because I do low carb, moderate protein, high fat which means zero hunger or cravings. It is wonderful!
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    As many as I want, 3-8
  • curlygirl513
    curlygirl513 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I do eat several times a day. I don't go hungry. I am eating 2 main meals a day with snacks. I don't mean to not eat a third meal, but I have some health issues (withdrawal) that are not allowing me a lot of waking hours right now. You can see my diary. Under snacks, those things are eaten throughout the day, even late at night. My snacks are a lot of fruit. I also like to whip up fruit in the blender with just enough water to blend.

Frozen chunks of bananas make something like ice cream, and berries with melon make something like sorbet. Fantastic snacks. So filling. I also munch on watermelon, fresh melon, pineapple. I didn't eat much fruit before starting the program, but I love it now. I did give up sugar, and I'm not having any cravings for it. If I do really want something sweet, I will eat a serving of raisins or sometimes prunes. Those are sweeter, especially the raisins.

I do think it is good to eat throughout the day. Just for the fact you don't go hungry then is a good enough reason.
  • IllustratedxGirl
    IllustratedxGirl Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how many meals you eat a day.. Weight loss / gain / maintenance is all about calories in and calories out. The amount of meals or when you eat then does not matter.

Personally, I eat three meals with random snacks because that works for me
  • daisylenora
    daisylenora Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters. mines different everyday, as long as i get all my macros in.
  • Sofaa1
    Sofaa1 Posts: 19
    Options
    4 for the most part (breakfast, lucnh, dinner, dessert/snack) but atm I am working full time I split it into 6 meals (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, dessert/snack)
  • TheMotivator123
    Options
    I east 8 meals a day
  • Archer9304
    Archer9304 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It's personal preference. I used to eat 3 meals a day, and 2-3 snacks before I started losing weight. My body is used to that and I get hungry at snack times. So I've kept it that way.

All that's changed is my chips and candybars have been replaced with yogurt, fruit and nuts.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    1-2 meals a day it works for me and my lifestyle. Meal frequency and timing is personal preference find what works best for you
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Typically 3 small meals and as many snacks as I fancy. I tend to be grazing most of the day, I don't like to sit down and eat a big meal.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    While the number of meals or meal timing is irrelevant to weight loss… Personally, I eat 3 meals a day, with a small snack just before I go workout (because I go workout first thing after waking up). If I'm feeling particularly hungry, I might have another snack between dinner and lunch… but that's not an everyday occurrence for me.
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    6 meals daily

breakfast-6:30
    snack-9:30
    Lunch-1
    snack pre workout-4
    dinner/post workout-7
    before bed-10
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I've heard 6 small meals a day...3 meals a day with 1 snack...
    How many meals do you eat?

2 or 3. The 6 a day is broscience, and eating for sport.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    define meal...for me it's a sit down eating experience. Usually consisting of about 1/3 of my daily calories...

I just had some grapes but it wasn't a meal...

I eat 3 main meals.....breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Anything outside of that is a snack and not considered a meal for me.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    3 breakfast lunch and dinner. My snacks are saved for later in the day or post workout. If I am hungry I eat what's in my log for the day. Meals don't matter. It's calories.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    3 meals, 3 snacks. 6.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    3, plus sometimes a piece of fruit or a piece of chocolate in the afternoon as a snack.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Usually just one, even on a full feed day. Once in awhile I eat two.