What is in your diet drink?

Options

Replies

• yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.

To answer your question: water - and I know that has more than just H2O in it and it is processed!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    The Atkins products are popular, so this is what is really in them- can you pronounce all the words, better yet, google all the ingredients and see for yourself...

Water, Milk Protein Concentrate, Sunflower Oil, Soy Protein Isolate, Cocoa Powder (Processed With Alkali), Natural and Artificial Flavors, Cellulose Gel, Magnesium Phosphate, Calcium Phosphate, Potassium Citrate, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Cellulose Gum, Sucralose, Carrageenan, Vitamin Mineral Mix (Zinc Gluconate, Ferric Orthophosphate, D-L Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Manganese Gluconate, Maltodextrin, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Beta Carotene, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamin Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Chromium Chloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin K-1 and Cyanocobalamin), Salt, Acesulfame Potassium and Sodium Ascorbate. Contains Milk and Soy.

***** If its not fresh or not from the garden,,should you be drinking this stuff....

It might help if you could tell us which of those ingredients you have a problem with and why. Is it that dangerous cocoa powder?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    It appears I have caused some folks to be offended which was not my intention. I am just one of those folks that looks at processed can goods carefully thats all. It would be nice to hear from a 1000 folks to see what they think.

Just for reference, you could do a search and you would find tons of information as there is a thread title demonizing diet soda, artificial sweeteners, or chemicals (despite everything we eat being made up of chemicals) weekly.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    IN most processed foods there's a chemical called dihydrogen monoxide, this plays a role in causing many cancers like tumours, leukaemia and malignant melanoma. It is found in acid rain, can cause severe burns, and even death if accidentally inhaled.

I agree with this. Studies have shown that 100% of people who ingest dihydrogen monoxide will die.

The studies are truth, I've known loads of people die after ingesting dihydrogen monoxide. It's pretty scary.

I'd love to see those peer reviewed studies....*holds breath*...no wait...can't do that will die waiting...

to the OP what is in my diet drink...well since it's diet coke..ice and sometimes spiced rum....
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    IN most processed foods there's a chemical called dihydrogen monoxide, this plays a role in causing many cancers like tumours, leukaemia and malignant melanoma. It is found in acid rain, can cause severe burns, and even death if accidentally inhaled.

I agree with this. Studies have shown that 100% of people who ingest dihydrogen monoxide will die.

The studies are truth, I've known loads of people die after ingesting dihydrogen monoxide. It's pretty scary.

I'd love to see those peer reviewed studies....*holds breath*...no wait...can't do that will die waiting...

to the OP what is in my diet drink...well since it's diet coke..ice and sometimes spiced rum....

Are you disagreeing that people who drink dihydrogen monoxide will eventually experience a decline in quality of life and die?
  • Hornsby
    Options

Are you disagreeing that people who drink dihydrogen monoxide will eventually experience a decline in quality of life and die?

100% mortality rate I hear.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight on low carb. I did not eat any of the packaged products, and on every low carb forum I've been on, people have discussed weight loss stall-outs caused by artificial sweeteners.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I see your point, we will most likely eat what we want to, just be careful over processed foods, imho.

All foods are processed, cowboy.

Even when I kill a duck for dinner, I have to process it prior to cooking.
    Cooking is a process as well.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

OH I know that...I've seen the evidence of 100% mortality rate...

...naw I just wanted the "studies" about the cancer that was spoken about (notice I am not holding my breath on that one)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

Leaving this here for the luls.

http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/10378907
  • Hornsby
    Options

...naw I just wanted the "studies" about the cancer that was spoken about (notice I am not holding my breath on that one)

Proof is all around you...lol.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Diet Drink? to me that's Crystal Light and stuff like that, and I'm pretty sure it's loaded with artificial colors, fake sugars and acid. Also pretty sure it's not good for me. But it tastes good and I like it.
  • JTick
    Options

Oh, gotcha. Well, I can't back it up with studies (wasn't my statement either, so no burden of proof on me :laugh: ) but 100% of people with cancer have at some point ingested dihydrogen monoxide. Sneaky stuff...they put it in everything!
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I see your point, we will most likely eat what we want to, just be careful over processed foods, imho.

Why do you care so much about what I eat? I am just done with peole lecturing me about processed foods. I work up to nine hours a day, have an hour commute each way and have to help care for a parent on the weekends. Processed foods are a godsend to me.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    It appears I have caused some folks to be offended which was not my intention. I am just one of those folks that looks at processed can goods carefully thats all. It would be nice to hear from a 1000 folks to see what they think.

Oh My Gawd, I seriously don't understand the snarky comments you have just received jsut for posting a list of funky stuff on the label of your drink. I didn't see anything in what you wrote that would deserve that.

Sometimes......sh%t, I just don't know what to say. Is it fun for people to do that? I just don't get it.....He was only trying to inform. He wasn't dictating or anything. :ohwell:

I mean, some of the early comments seemed downright hostile. I wrote "seemed" in case I was wrong.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    He asked a question. Should you be drinking this stuff? People are going to answer. That's the point of a thread.
  • JTick
    Options

Oh My Gawd, I seriously don't understand the snarky comments you have just received jsut for posting a list of funky stuff on the label of your drink. I didn't see anything in what you wrote that would deserve that.

Sometimes......sh%t, I just don't know what to say. Is it fun for people to do that? I just don't get it.....He was only trying to inform. He wasn't dictating or anything. :ohwell:

I mean, some of the early comments seemed downright hostile. I wrote "seemed" in case I was wrong.

He posted on a public forum. We're more than welcome to respond with thoughts, criticism of his idea, etc. No one called him names or was "hostile".
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    My diet drink has Brominated Vegetable Oil

2powq2x.jpg
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    didnt read any responses, but i fancy 1 part cherry coke zero to 1 part vanilla coke zero, preferably from a fountain.

ETA: i dont know whats in it....water, phosphoric acid, fake cherry, fake vanilla, bubbles.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    This is an apple. You were saying?

Thank you!!