What to get kids for Christmas?

Options
2»

Replies

• cef957
    cef957 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I just remembered a fun way to give cash/check. My SIL is a hoot!! She gave my son $5 bills taped end to end. She used a ribbon spool that was the same size. When he opened the gift....it was first the ribbon spool that was wrapped. He had to unwind the ribbon to get to his real gift! She has also taped a check inside a toliet paper roll. She wrapped it like a piece of candy! It will be interesting to see what she comes up with this year!
  • dodoodoodo
    dodoodoodo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i was listening to the radio and they said a REALLY popular gift for kids this year is something called a paper guitar, it makes anything sound good. i'm not sure exactly if it's called that but thats what they called it on the radio. they said it was about 24 bucks :)
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Kohl's did have an assortment of Dr. Suess books and the grinch themed stuffed animals(nice sized ones) for $5 each. My kids love to be read to, especially Dr. Suess books. Cheap and educational, not to mention fun.
  • tristalin
    tristalin Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    If you go the gift card/cash route, a fun way to package it is to put it into a zip lock bag, then inside of a canning jar full of gumballs. You can decorate the outside of the jar or wrap it in a box. While they don't get to play with the gift card, kids always love having a ton of gum to chomp on through the evening.

I have three girls, 1, 3, and 6. All of them are into dress-up, art, play dough, dolls w/strollers & accessories, any Barbie, Strawberry Shortcake or Tinkerbell movies, etc. This year I am having my brother build them a dollhouse bookshelf that looks like the one from Pottery Barn & I am going to fill it with dollhouse furniture and dolls.

I don't have any boys of my own, so shopping for my nephews is always hard. My nephews are 3, 10, & 15...the 3 year old is very into Cars, the 10 year old is into SurvivorMan gear (i.e. binocs, canteens, backpack...basically camping gear), match box cars & tracks, etc., the 15 year old is very into his music, so I got him an MP3 player & a itunes card.

HTH!