• FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Also breakfast food is the best kind of food there is :D

One word: Brinner.
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's all just down to preference, really. I only wake up starving if I didn't eat enough the day before, and I'm careful not to let that happen much anymore. I personally don't like fasted exercise, so I'll grab a handful of grapes or half a banana or some cherries or something on my way out the door, just something with a little sugar spike to wake me up, but I usually don't really start in on my calories until about eleven. No ill effects here.

Listen to your body, do what you need to do.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I can't understand how people don't get hungry :( My breakfast is just over 700cals and my biggest meal. Also breakfast food is the best kind of food there is :D

Pancakes are just as delicious at 9 pm. I can vouch for that personally. :flowerforyou:
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Who knew the OP should've put the definition of breakfast in the OP..lol.
  • GeordieGirl80s
    GeordieGirl80s Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry, which can be half an hour after I get up or 2-4 hours after getting up (but I do make myself eat within half an hour of getting up on days I'm at the gym at 10am) but I'm noticing more & more recently that if I don't eat fairly soon after I get up I end up being loads hungrier.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I can't understand how people don't get hungry :( My breakfast is just over 700cals and my biggest meal. Also breakfast food is the best kind of food there is :D

Pancakes are just as delicious at 9 pm. I can vouch for that personally. :flowerforyou:

Or 3am after a night of drinking. That's when they are undoubtedly the best :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    My trainer keeps telling me I need to be eating every 3-4 hrs to keep up my metabolism.

By not eating for long periods your metabolism takes a nose dive and you don't burn calories at the optimal level.

This ol myth again.

I tell you it's a Lich rolling natty 20s to dodge.
    Lich.jpg
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I had breakfast today at 12:30. Fried eggs and everything.

Breakfast is literally just breaking your fast. Meal timing is generally irrelevant.
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    You should try to eat something within a couple hours. My trainer says within an hour of waking but I don't even do that. I can't eat for a couple hrs after getting up but you definitely shouldn't wait until noon to eat.

You need to be consistent with giving your body food. If you have dinner at say 7pm and you don't eat again until noon the next day that's over 12hrs your body is going without food. That is not good. Your body needs to know that it is getting food at regular intervals. My trainer keeps telling me I need to be eating every 3-4 hrs to keep up my metabolism.

By not eating for long periods your metabolism takes a nose dive and you don't burn calories at the optimal level.

You need to find a new trainer. The more frequent you eat, the more frequent your blood glucose levels go up and down. This for some might be a big problem in losing weight. I eat one meal per day and I have a very fast metabolism.
  • redversustheblue
    Options
    You should try to eat something within a couple hours. My trainer says within an hour of waking but I don't even do that. I can't eat for a couple hrs after getting up but you definitely shouldn't wait until noon to eat.

You need to be consistent with giving your body food. If you have dinner at say 7pm and you don't eat again until noon the next day that's over 12hrs your body is going without food. That is not good. Your body needs to know that it is getting food at regular intervals. My trainer keeps telling me I need to be eating every 3-4 hrs to keep up my metabolism.

I'm sorry, but this aaaaaallll wrong.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I have not ate first thing in the morning in probably 3 years I usually eat around 10:30 or 11 then again around 3. Every now and then Ill grab a bananna or apple or a few grahams on my way out in the am but that is it.
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    No, it is not OK to skip breakfast. If you do, then in about 6 weeks, your metabolism will stop completely.
  • Shaystays
    Shaystays Posts: 34
    Options
    According to some of you, I should be dead :O

I was just making sure that I wasn't going to die or gain weight by not eating breakfast, or at least not eating it for a few hours after getting up. Like, I ate eggs this morning, so, yay...? haha

Thanks for all your answers :)
  • eomuno215in541
    eomuno215in541 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

This is incorrect. By not eating for long periods, your resting metabolism speeds up.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10837292
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2405717

If the government said so, it must be true.
  • ClinicalTrial
    ClinicalTrial Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Was this your attempt at being witty? Does the term "peer reviewed" mean anything to you?
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

This is incorrect. By not eating for long periods, your resting metabolism speeds up.

The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign the conspiracy is working ...
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options

wrong. ever heard of intermittent fasting?

^^^this...so losing 24 lbs since May 1st eating from 4p to 8p every day must be just a lucky thing for me.
  • redversustheblue
    Options

erm.....
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Get a new trainer. Preferably one that doesn't push nonsense.

LMFAO- that is EXACTLY what I thought.

get a new trainer.

People IF all over the place- ALL the time- at all hours of the day.

Unless you're a top end athlete or getting serious about stage work- then it's not relevant.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

The government?????