Anyone know any home excercies? That don't require a gym, eq

Options
2»

Replies

• runrgrrl
    runrgrrl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY;

SQUATS - multiple muscle groups and these are large muscles they will burn the most amount of calories
    HOW TO DO IT; Stand with your hands behind your head, your chest out, and your elbows back. Sit back at your hips and bend your knees to lower your body as far as possible without losing the natural arch of your spine. Squeeze your glutes and push yourself back to the starting position.

STEP UPS -
    HOW TO DO IT - Place one foot on a step and push down through your heel to lift your other leg up. Return to the starting position and finish all reps with one leg before switching legs and repeating the exercise.

PLANK
    HOW TO DO IT
    Assume a modified pushups position, with your elbows under your shoulders. Keep your shoulder blades back and down and your abs tight. Hold for 30 seconds, pause, and repeat.

lunges
    pushups
    crunches
    burpees

that is just to name a few!!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Do you have Netflix? They have some good workout videos available to "Watch Instantly" and you can also find some on Youtube.
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    yoga dvds by Ana Brett. Best ever. Check amazon.
  • becomingsara
    Options
    In addition to the MYRIAD of wonderful ideas that all of these great folks suggest (and I use all of them too, as I won't join a gym either)...
    Jumping rope, and you can use wrist weights for resistance

Happy cal-burning!
    ~ Sara
  • veniceit
    veniceit Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I use this sight, free workouts http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/

Ven
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'd say if you're just starting out, the Wii Fit Plus with the fitboard is a good place to start if you have access to this game system. You can buy DVDs or stream them from Netflix online. Also, a jump rope and fitball are cheap and really help for cardio and toning.

Shannon
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have several reasons for not joining a gym myself. I really don't have the time to actually GO somewhere - I tend to have time for myself after everyone has gone to bed - usually after 9pm. Plus I am just too self conscious to be seen in public exercising!!

I am addicted to exercising at home now. I rotate several dvd's - Jillian Michaels Shred is a favorite, amazing workout. I am now doing Leslie Sansone walking dvds too (go to http://www.walkathome.com/ you can do a one mile session in just 15 minutes!!), I also have some zumba playlists on youtube - Zumba is an amazing workout too and SO FUN!!

Your house can easily become the gym you need to get exercising!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    If you have cable television, do you have a 'Fit TV' channel? There are many great 30-minute programs on those channels. Also, my cable company, Comcast, has on it's "On Demand" section an entire Exercise section. Lots of great workouts from yoga, to cardio, to strength training in a variety of lengths.
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I like the workouts on bodyrock.tv. She has an awesome body and the workouts are challenging but she gives adaptations for beginners, and she is really very sweet when talking about fitness and exercise. A lot of her routines run about 20 minutes tops.

I also agree with everyone who suggested pushups and planks. Pushups are one of the best exercises ever! No special equipment needed and it really works the upper arms and your core.

Good luck on your fitness journey!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Try Jillian michaels workout DVD's, theyre awesome!

I second this! I'm doing the 30-Day Shred for the second time and am really enjoying the results. It's a great workout with good replay value. My boyfriend is also doing it and his muscle definition is crazy (even though he uses the 3-lb weights and I use the 5-lb...lol) :)

I Love this dvd too, well work buying a couple of hand weights to use with it.